Is 1 point worth it?

xsk8kydx

Is HELL mode really worth beating for that 1 point?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Is HELL mode really worth beating for that 1 point?

• Yes, I like the 1000/1000
    • Nope, 999/1000 is fine with me

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the 1 GS, it's the feeling of completion.

Before the days of gamerscore, I always tried completing most games as much as I could.

On the 360, with the little completion percent bar, it drives me insane to see games incomplete now. I don't feel like I really finished the game.

Some games, I probably won't complete, simply because I am not good at them (like the Combat-related achievements in Batman, or the time trials/speedruns in Mirror's Edge) or because they have online achievements (specifically in games with dead online that need you to play random matches instead of player matches), but if there's a way to complete it, and I think I have the ability, I will.

I also made a point to complete Sneak King, which is possibly one of the most frustratingly terrible games I've ever played due to a specific level/challenge.

I feel, if I was able to go through that, I can stand doing almost anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of those achievements tha you get for the cheeve itself rather than the points its worth, like the "Survive 7 days" in Dead Rising, or even the Call of Duty Veteran cheeves to some extent.

Is 1g enough for 4-6 hours of work? No. Is 1g enough so you can point at it and say "Yep, thats how good I am!". Well no not really... since its not the most popular game and 10-1 most of your friends don't care about Gamerscore anyway. But hey, to some people "hell" is a swear word, so is 1g enough to have a swear word in your achievements list? Hell yea!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol i dont even have this game but it seems incredibly stupid and a waste of time to play an entire playthrough(on a hard difficulty and one you've done several times and must be bored as hell with it) for 1 point.

but then again i wouldn't play this more than once in the first place so that's irrelavent to me.

Edited by hydrosugar

• 1 month later...

At the time I was in a gamerscore league and didn't really have the time to complete it. When I thought about going back to finish it I noticed my gamerscore would always end in an odd number so I decided to just delete my save file and move on.

If I had a clean card starting from scratch and the game again I would go for the full 1000 without a doubt.

• 2 months later...

No it is not worth, nor is it worth it to 100% anything by Cavia.

Why? Cavia hates completionists, and they will go out of their way just to make a completionists life a living hell to the point they can't even remember why they thought 100%ing Drakengard would ever be a good idea.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"HELL" yeah it was worth it. Although I never thought I'll have the nerves to play through this game almost five times since most of the games today have stackable achievements regarding the diffculty.

Oh and another thing. IMO it's better to play this game in one flow. This way you breeze through all the levels in no time, even on the harder difficulties. Don't stop & take a long break (weeks/months) @ Hard, Chaos & Hell only because you died too many times. Keep on going/trying and in the end you'll notice that it all wasn't that difficult & quite doable. :blunt

• 3 years later...

I would take 1000/1000. HELL mode was actually much easier since playing through the game 4 times before and knowing enemy spawns and tactics, I knew exactly how to progress through the levels and not waste time. Took me around 3-4 hours to get that final 1 point from the first stage to the end. Hardest stage was stage 3. No Raven's Panic most of that level :(

• 1 month later...