Your Show Sucks (Guide)

sWo0p360

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried and failed without any aid on my first attempt. Tried and failed using the youtube video in the guide. Succeeded with the breakout by the author. The section counts and descriptions made it very easy to section off the level and ensure each area was cleared before moving on. Thank you sir.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Question: Can you pause/quit and do something else and will the tv's you already broke will still be broken? Thanks, Nelson

You can pause the game and they will still be broken. If you die any Tv's broken BEFORE the checkpoint will still be broken. You can't exit the game or you will need to start again.

After many failed attempts, I've finally got that 20G! Thanks!

Edited by iTouchy0u

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried it way too many times to count, this is my last achievement too it;s getting very annoying, I've used like 3 different youtube videos and I know you need 114 to get it, I don't understand why it hasnt popped for me :( I'm doing a run through right now and counting every single tv I hit or has got hit.

EDIT: got it :) the blacked out ones count too, I didn't know that. well, another 1000/1000. Nice guide too.

Edited by macpride

• 1 month later...

This thread is great! I tried this achievement after watching all of the youtube guides and I could not get it! I thought I had all of the TVs. I tried about 5 times and failed.

After reading this entire thread, this is what I did to finally get the cheevo. This might help you if you are still having problems:

1. Read this entire thread and every post in it

2. Started the "Charlie Don't Surf" mission on Recruit difficulty.

3. I spent a lot of time in the large news room. I shot every possible TV I could find, including all of them on the walls (the rainbow ones, the turned off ones, and the ones broadcasting the terrorist)

4. In the last room with the final six TVs, I shot them as fast as possible. Somewhere in this thread that your AI buddies will shut off the broadcast, but you must shoot them before they do this.

5. Then watch the achievement pop up

Take care...

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is glitched for me. I went through and made sure all the tvs were destroyed. I got to the last room and shot 5 of the tvs. The last one, I couldn't destroy. I unloaded an entire clip on the tv and still nothing. I played through a second time and a second time I had the same problem. I knifed the tv and that seemed to work, but the achievement still hasn't unlocked for me. Anyone else had this problem? I'm sure there aren't too many people still working on this achievement out there...:uzi:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i dont really see why people struggle with this cheevo, it not hard and it even check points right before the end so you are able to run back if you didnt get them all. so if doesnt pop after you open the door and get the remaining tvs just kill your self, and search for the tv that has been over looked

• 1 year later...

Does it matter if you are the one to destroy them? Or can your teammates'/enemies' fire shoot them as well? Because especially in the station half of them get destroyed.. I'm about to do it now so I guess I'll answer my own question :p

EDIT: No, you do not have to be the one to destroy the TV. When the studio was clear I ran through and made sure I got them all (obviously), and some of the ones that were destroyed I know I did not do. So as long as every TV is broken, it doesn't matter if you personally broke it. :)

-A

Edited by Arya
found the answer.

• 4 months later...