Original Gamer Achievement Guide (Fanorona, Morris + Bowls)

Pavonis

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guide came in handy for Fanorama, and I find Bowls pretty easy, but anything on Morris? Every time the opponent is down to three it is either a draw or he somehow manages to beat me.

I'm still in shock so many people have trouble with Morris! I have yet to lose (and I played a couple of times) in Morris with my strategy.

Can't win Morris at all, Ponypoo's video above was a good effort as I got close, but the game never follows route.

Try my strategy one more time! Just make sure to set up a trap before he gets 3 chips so that you can automatically take out one of his 3 to stop his teleporting madness.

Try my strategy one more time! Just make sure to set up a trap before he gets 3 chips so that you can automatically take out one of his 3 to stop his teleporting madness.

I got real close with your method, but just could not nail it. I ended up using this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=397281

Found the game on TA Guide and although Guru works sometimes, Master seems more consistent, I got 5 Morris wins in a row!

I got real close with your method, but just could not nail it. I ended up using this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=397281

Found the game on TA Guide and although Guru works sometimes, Master seems more consistent, I got 5 Morris wins in a row!

Good method too! I found Morris too easy to use a guide though, maybe I'm just really, really good at it? Not sure :p

Good method too! I found Morris too easy to use a guide though, maybe I'm just really, really good at it? Not sure :p

All I know is that the AI in your game ain't nowhere near as good as the AI in mine if your video is anything to go by. Mine (and most other peoples for that matter) are just picture perfect and do not make a single error. The only way it was beatable was by using an AI that was actually smarter than the one in the game and I am still certain it all came down to luck.

Do you know in which sequence i can play against him during the storyline? Somebody said you can also beat the random guy.

I am trying to find a website to play Fanorona online...i have an idea ,hope this works, this way you can beat everybody on expert at Fanorona.

This is the only thing which left for me. I wish there would be a website or a video to win against this random guy in the mansion on expert difficulty.

I don`t know in which sequence in the story i can play against Achilles, does somebody know that?

Edited by Dark Anaconda

I either have a glitch or I'm doing something wrong. In Morris whenever I can lay a piece down to complete a row of three the game doesn't let me. I press A and it highlights the space but Connor wont put a piece down. I then have to cancel it and put a piece somewhere else. Do I seriously have to start a new game just for this achievement?

I either have a glitch or I'm doing something wrong. In Morris whenever I can lay a piece down to complete a row of three the game doesn't let me. I press A and it highlights the space but Connor wont put a piece down. I then have to cancel it and put a piece somewhere else. Do I seriously have to start a new game just for this achievement?

Not a glitch. After choosing the space, you have to choose the piece you want to remove, as you have just made a mill.

I sucked so bad at Fanorana I had an AI win the game for me. (got the idea from dawngalneryus at ps3trophies.org)

(snip)

Did the same with nine men's Morris using:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/vensal/nine-mens-morris

Set it to the hardest difficulty.

Made sure not to accept a draw.

Only problem was the game wouldn't let me move the innkeepers pieces the same when he got down to 3 pieces left (though since I had only lost 1 piece I could manage that part by myself)

Thanks for posting those links. I needed a lot of help with Morris. Fanarona? I couldn't get that site to work to my liking, and no matter what the settings, I couldn't make out the computer's move. So I just tried to beat the game myself....and I DID! Woohoo! (Probably got lucky. Achilles must be half blind).

How did anyone win at Bowls? The terrible camera angles screw me over every single time - the balls aren't thrown where I think they're going because of the angle.

You can switch to a better view with the left bumper, which I did when the angles weren't helping me out. I found that trying to knock the opponent's balls away was usually a good strategy. Sometimes knocking the red ball around works, too. Learn how the balls bounce when they hit the ground and see if you can block the opponent's balls' "line of sight."