FAQ - Look Here Before Posting

Shinobi273

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you do scintifc pursuits and tranqulaty lane befor going to 3 dog when you return he will give you a wepons key go to halmintons hidaway located by arfu (this becoms visabal on your map during side quest blood ties) in the winding tunnels you'll find a locked gate use the key then raid the massive amounts of ammo wepons etc

Yeah, I realized that Reilly seems to be fine with one of her guys not making it. :p I'm just glad it was Butcher and not Donovan.. you never need to go to a doctor for help in this game. In retrospect, they probably shouldn't have made sleeping heal you.

And I don't know if they've patched the "disappearing NPC's" yet, like Walter and Moriarty; but Moriarty was missing for forever on my game (some random Settler was in charge of the saloon), and he just suddenly came back the other day. So I killed him. :D

Does how far I am into the game effect the DLC? I have the last two main quest achievements left. I really want to finish the game, but do not want to get screwed on the DLC. Has someone done the DLC without finishing the game. I assume that most people have done the DLC with finishing the game. Can anyone let me know their experience?

Does how far I am into the game effect the DLC? I have the last two main quest achievements left. I really want to finish the game, but do not want to get screwed on the DLC. Has someone done the DLC without finishing the game. I assume that most people have done the DLC with finishing the game. Can anyone let me know their experience?

I don't think you can go back right now after you finish the game. I think that comes at a later date. For now, keep multiple saves before finishing the game. If you got the DLC, you should have already gotten the radio message to start the DLC.

You can still get the wasteland survival guide achievement if you start it before or after blowing up megaton, i did it on my evil save and bumped into Moira in Underworld, you'll see her in a robo jumpsuit walking up and down the right side of the concourse during the day, P.S. she's slightly different from ghouls her voice is unaffected

I just finished the DLC this weekend, and I'm only up to the "Scientific Pursuits" part of the main quest. I figured I should do the DLC as soon as possible so I could have the cool stuff it gives you. ;)

Just follow the quest marker on your map, and it'll take you to the Outcast Outpost. Once you start the actual simulation, you're (obviously) stuck there until you finish it, but it only takes a couple hours total.

Warning: [spoiler=honkyjaguar]If you have started but not completed the quest "You Gotta Shoot 'em in the Head" yet and want to finish it properly (the way Mr. Crowley intended), do not take the T-51b suit yet. You can always come back for it later if you've saved McGraw and Olin.

Just an added bit of help for hacking - if you scroll around untill you find the random symbols joined together and use them as the password it eleminates one of the choices as a dud...

Last night mine looked something like <.-?, its random but it helps :woop:

EDIT:

Dogmeat is in the scrapyard just south of the Minefield and north of the Bethesda Ruins

the random symbols have to start and end with similar things <,..;']> or {/.';>/?:} etc. and it either eliminates 1 dud or replenishes your guessing, like you guess 2 wrong and get "Allowance Replenished" then it goes back up to 4 guesses...note there isnt always a replenisher. :woop:

Can you keep leveling up past level 20 or is 20 the max? Is it possible to level up all the skills to the max?
NO!:mad:

YES!:mad:

YES!:)

Level cap... blah blah blah

You can not max out your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. levels, but you can get close; you can still max out all skills, but you have to plan it. Pick the Educated and Comprehension Perks early (Educated should be your first), and with a decent INT you should be getting 20+ skill points every level. Ignore Science and Big Guns, and only try to raise the other skills up to 40, or maybe 50 to be safe. There are 325 skill books in the game, 25 for each skill, that will raise that skill by 2pts.(with Comprehension); and there is one bobblehead for each skill that will raise it by 10pts. (one of the skill books for Science, and one for Big Guns, spawn repeatedly)http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_skills

i've just started this game (twice), and i'm quite familiar with how glitchy bethesda games can be, having played the hell out of oblivion. so i'm trying to predict issues before i run into them.

so here's a question.

during the GNR radio mission, with the first super mutant behemoth, a BOS soldier with a laser rifle stole my kill with a well placed headshot to the behemoth. nevermind that my bottle cap mines and missiles did most of the damage (hadn't even grabbed the fatman yet), he or she technically got the kill. not me. so no exp from it (not a big deal), but can i still get the achievement for killing all of them?

ie: does the achievement just require that all of them are dead, or do i peronsally have to kill each and every one?

edit: found the answer in another thread. apparently they just have to be dead. i'll confirm when i get the achievement.

Edited by arachnophilia

• 4 weeks later...
Where would be a good place to store your items until you unlike either a house or suite?

I used the vending machines outside, in front of the super duper mart, until i had my home in tenpenny towers (or megaton.. depending on how you're playing). it's very easy to get to... the machines right next to you when you fast travel there.

I have a question about the level 20 Karma achievements. I am at good karma right now and I'm level 20. If I get Neutral Karma then bad karma, will both achievements unlock or do I have to have a particular karma as soon as I level up to 20?

You need to attain the level while you have the according karma.

As strange as it sounds, you do not need to turn the bobby pins when lockpicking. Each time you retry a lock before the bobby pin breaks, the sweet spot changes. Sometimes, the sweet spot will be at the start point. So, when the lockpicking screen appears, try and turn the lock. If it doesn't go, back out and try again. I know this works as I have used it to unlock at least a dozens locks. I may take time, but if you suck at lockpicking, this should make it much easier for you.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Hi, just having a little trouble with the custom weapons achievement. I've found the schematics for the Deathclaw Gauntlets and I've got all the necessary parts however when I go to the workbench it tells me that I haven't got one of them, despite the fact that I have? I was just wandering if anyone else has had this trouble and whether there's a simple way around it? Cheers!

The DLC updates are avaliable at any time. Though certain rewards / items are based on current content interacting with the DLC, you can still enjoy about 97% of the DLC no matter what you do, evil or good.

Ok, that's good enough for me. :)

That just leaves Broken Steel. I hope it will be like the other DLC and not make us start a new game to access it. But it does change the ending, so I don't know....

The only experience i've ever had with getting DLC while in the middle was a game was "Bringing down the Sky" in Mass Effect and I didn't need to start a new game for that.