Very hard compared to Absolution

Rascalov

Just started playing Silent Assassin on Professional. I barely managed to beat the first two missions. How are you supposed to kill the Don in Mission 1 and the General in Mission 2 w/o being detected?

I've also completed Blood Money but that was way easier than this. Luckily you only need to get 5 Silent Assassins on Professional for the achievement but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 1. :D

Yeah same here, this is very difficult compared to blood money and absolution that are the only hitman games I have played :eek:

For the Don on the first mission

[spoiler=1] I climbed the ladder next to the swimming pool on the back yard to get to the balcony and into the room he is. Used barbed wire on him and the dragged him on the roof. Got Silent Assassin that way ;)

Just started playing Silent Assassin on Professional. I barely managed to beat the first two missions. How are you supposed to kill the Don in Mission 1 and the General in Mission 2 w/o being detected?

I've also completed Blood Money but that was way easier than this. Luckily you only need to get 5 Silent Assassins on Professional for the achievement but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 1. :D

I remember this game being extremely difficult when it first released. should be getting this in the mail tomorrow to try out

Yeah, this game is kicking my arse right now. Waaaaay tougher than Absolution! So much hand holding going on in the new game compared to this! I played Absolution first, then Silent Assassin, the difference in how the game plays is astounding. But saying that, everytime I've messed up, it's always been my fault and I've gone straight back in and had another bash.

In my opinion I loved original series it is great. Absolution is my favourite best Hitman series ever made. Not because new gameplay that never seen before for Hitman but story is great to follow, better control for Hitman game and Contracts mode is fun in it. Cannot wait for Hitman 6 so much. I knew it will happen one day as Asbolution is very well sales so surely Hitman Collection will boosting Square Enix sales then they will bring on Hitman 6 in near future.

I agreed original series of Hitman is more challenge difficulty to complete when going for stealth silent. :D

I played this on the PS2 and I remember it was very difficult then. It took me a long time to get used to the "side-stepping", for one. I couldn't figure out how to sneak (bought a used copy, no instructions), and for a long time couldn't do anything without raising suspicions.

Replaying this now, it's as hard as I know it'd be. There are shocks at every turn. People you've drugged earlier waking up is the most annoying thing so far.

before I played the HD collection myself I almost wanted to reply to this thread and say "you babies, I'm a Hitman master, lol!1"

having played them day 1, back on the PC I must admit: these games are quite challenging indeed. it's hard to get back into.

the AI doesn't work as you expect them to, sometimes can see through walls.

people/targets walk around on a loop but sometimes another guy also unexpectly enters the loop and messes up my kill.

walking and sneaking is slooooow, making it nearly impossible to fibre wire/knock out someone.

for the first few levels in H2:SA my experience is save-load-load-load-load-load-save-load-load etc. and it's annnoying.

I'm doing professional on my first run on SA, so there's no way to save (unless the game throws you a save point midway into the session).

I'm doing Hidden Valley now and I had to stop playing in case I get hospitalised for high blood pressure.

Managed to get SA rating for every mission prior to this on Pro. Multiple (and I mean, multiple multiples) attempts each time.

Ha ha yeah those few missions, hidden valley especially are evil as even when in full disguise, goggles and all some fool spots you from 40ft.... Stop gaijin... Lol Wtf... Unfortunately some of those levels were a bit buggy and semi psychic ai... Just persevere and you'll do it.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Blood money and Absolution were nothing. You kids needed to be around for hitman silent assassin on the original xbox. that is when i played it originally. that is what makes this game so great as well as contracts. much tougher.

I'm doing professional on my first run on SA, so there's no way to save (unless the game throws you a save point midway into the session).

I'm doing Hidden Valley now and I had to stop playing in case I get hospitalised for high blood pressure.

Managed to get SA rating for every mission prior to this on Pro. Multiple (and I mean, multiple multiples) attempts each time.

yep. no saves on pro. you must do complete runthrough, with no breaks to get SA rating. This game was awesome.

• 1 year later...

It was on sale for £3 so only now playing it, and happy I only played £3 for it!

I'm only on the first mission and trying to use the fiber wire, it seems I'm too close and they are alerted, but when I go back a bit from before I'm too far away!

The stealth mode is too slow, I'm falling asleep.

That is it for me.