apparently there's a quit ban..

Hishoa

So 343 implements a join-in-progress system while not relegating a single in-game message or "hint" that warns players of such a ban (as opposed to Halo 3 & Reach) to players, then temp-bans them because they've been conditioned to feel that quitting is okay now. 343, you are confusing as hell.

I've quit too many times in Halo 4 matchmaking. This is the result. I'm speechless.

Yes, it's not a perm ban. It was a temp ban for an hour, next time it's probably one day I'd guess.

http://i.imgur.com/InbdY.jpg

edit: It seems this quit-ban was implemented around December 2012 without any notice whatsoever from 343.

Another Stupid, Under the Table Move, by 343

So, I'll go ahead an admit, I quit out from time to time. Like most players.

today I have been playing Oddball, trying to get the Scout APEX armor. Well I have been searching by myself and I've gotten put in really bad JIP games, where my team was down 250-30, and I've gotten matched up with some of the WORST teammates in the world, while the other team actually knew how to play the game.

My point is, I don't care whether we're aloud to quit as much as we want, or if we are limited to the amount of times we can quit, my point is this:

First if you're going to add a Tamp Ban system. FUCKING TELL US FIRST. Was this stated in on the announcement forums or on a bulletin?? -Yoink!- NO! But who cares right? Fuck the players right?

This wouldn't be near as bad. But you've actually fucked it up to where its even worse then Halo: Reach's ban system. Wow...

If you're going to make it an entire HOUR for a ban, make sure a PROBATION screen pops up before you decided to ban us.

So this is 343i logic.

Reach= Quit out X amount of times: Warning Message appears. If quits again: 10 min ban.

"Hmmmmm, so a lot of people hated this and found it annoying and wanted it removed...so this is the plan guys, lets NOT put a ban system in, then lets add a feature that is HATED in other games, such as CoD, JOIN IN PROGRESS! And after Join in progress ruins the game for a lot of people and they get used to quitting out a lot, lets add the ban system without telling them! And lets make it an hour ban with zero warning screens!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I mean seriously. Give us a warning screen, don't make it an hour, start telling us when you decide to add BIG changes like this, and lastly make sure it works. I completed 2 Oddball games, and was halfway through a Spartan Ops game before the game decided to tell me I was banned.

I wonder why 343i didn't when any Industry Of The Year awards... Hmmm.

so basically you'll get banned if you quit out of JIP matches, most likely matches you joined when your team was already getting stomped by the opposition.

Also, this guy.

I've learned throughout the short life of Halo 4 so far that 343i sucks big time, unfortunately.

Quit bans when there's join in progress -- LOL

Still no Team Doubles a month after launch.

Still no "fun" playlists like Grifball, Rocket Race, etc. a month [now two] after launch.

They put in a VERY popular playlist in Team Snipers, and then remove it a week later.

First map pack sucked.

Halo will be dead if 343i's incompetence continues.

Edited by Hishoa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't do much about quitting out of games that aren't going well for you, but there is a way to eliminate being forced into a game in-progress. If you don't know this trick already, what you do is:

1. Select the playlist of your choice and search for a match.

2. You'll see one of two things. The profile boxes will fill up with silhouettes and the word "incoming on the side. This is a fresh match. The other result will be immediately showing you a full team of Spartans, telling you it's already in progress.

3. When you see the Spartans show up on the cards, press start and go to Settings and Network. Select "My Xbox", than re-select Xbox Live.

This will force you back to the main menu and out of the match you were just about to join without counting as a quit.

But guys...who quits?

I usually quit every Dominion game that I join in progress because odds are, the team you join is being stomped into the ground and the other team has 5000 rockets and snipers in B and if you leave the base you get banshee bombed or wraithed.

And wasn't join in progress put into the game because of the quitting problem in the first place? Is there a need for both at all? Why am I asking questions that I know the answer to?

I usually quit every Dominion game that I join in progress because odds are, the team you join is being stomped into the ground and the other team has 5000 rockets and snipers in B and if you leave the base you get banshee bombed or wraithed.

And wasn't join in progress put into the game because of the quitting problem in the first place? Is there a need for both at all? Why am I asking questions that I know the answer to?

People who get mad, like me.

I guess I'm just a lucky son of a gun who doesn't join in progress that often.

Join in Progress should be removed however so that people don't join a game midway through because 99.99% of the time, you join the losing team. And when I mean losing, I mean you're getting raped by 32948 points.

But guys...who quits?

This guy if I'm put into a JIP on the losing team with scores of 500-100. That's just plain ridiculous. What makes matters worse is when the JIP joins you in the same game! I hardly ever quit games myself, but those JIP like that are outrageous.

Good. Punish those who quit.

Lol. Quitting is never okay. I welcome a penalty system

JIP reassures players that if they quit, they have the liberty of knowing that their place will be filled with a new player. That system right there demonstrates that it's okay to quit, primarily because it goes to great lengths to make you feel reassured about it.

The sad thing right here is that quitting was a major problem in Halo: Reach.. yet somehow they had the genius idea of implementing a JIP system that encourages (and rewards* players) for quitting in Halo 4.

It's even more hilarious in the fact that 343i now perhaps acknowledges that it was a terrible mistake to implement that silly concept into a Halo game and quickly patched in an HOUR-ban for those who are using the system the way it was damn well intended (COD, anyone?)

*i.e doesn't feel bad for quitting; option to "skip" a slanted match and be immediately thrown into a new one; if doing poorly can quit knowing someone else will take their place; etc, etc

Edited by Hishoa

Well, this is fucking annoying.

As the weeks drag by, I just feel more and more disappointed with this game. Is everyone at 343i uber shy, afraid to talk to their community?

I'm just going to boost the Majestic and Castle achievements when they're released, and finish off Spartan Ops when it hits. I'll only be touching Halo 4's campaign when I feel like replaying it. Unless 343i sneaks in a patch that makes Chief look and sound like Assy McGee. Then I'd be playing campaign 24/7.

Butt yeah, Halo 4, 7/10. That's like, a C for those of you who understand the way grades work in US schools. AVERAGE. Boo, 343i, boo.

If there's one thing I'm glad I got, it's the FuD stuff I can watch on Waypoint via PC and Waypoint via 360 thanks to the Halo 4 LE.

Makes me skeptical, jumping into what Halo 5 has to offer. I'm just praying that there aren't going to be any JiP games. Sure, they're fast, butt it's terrible to see your team get ass raped as soon as you hop on the battlefield. Fuck whatever game popularized JiP matches. Needs to be dedicated servers in Halo 5, with a Halo 3 style ranking system that pleases both competitive fans and the casuals.

If there's one thing I'm glad I got, it's the FuD stuff I can watch on Waypoint via PC and Waypoint via 360 thanks to the Halo 4 LE.

I didn't get the LE but I watched all the episodes on Waypoint. I imagine its the same movie just longer or extras? anyways I might look for it online no way I'm buying LE when I got the console.

343 can go shove it.

I think someone should organize a quit-in-progress movement: for one day, every time you are put into a game in progress, quit. If enough people do it, maybe developers will realize we don't want to be dumped into a team that is getting raped.

I actually used to do this in CoD. Every time I wasn't dumped into a game lobby or at the beginning of a match (where score is still 0 when I join), I immediately quit out. Same in Battlefield. You don't want to know what my quit ratio is (hint: top 3% worldwide according to bf3stats).

I understand why JIP is in place, but at least give every player the option to choose whether or not they want to participate. Just like we can toggle the option to invert our Y-axis, there should be a toggle to tell the server if we want to join any game (including in-progress), or only join new game lobbies.