Stylist achievements

Hawaiian

I have a question regarding the Stylist achievements in Just Dance 3:

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gametoweb/justdanceplanet/img/achievements/achived/22.pngStylist - Bronze

Got all Styles once

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gametoweb/justdanceplanet/img/achievements/achived/23.pngStylist - Silver

Got four Dance Styles at same time!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gametoweb/justdanceplanet/img/achievements/achived/24.pngStylist - Gold

Got all Styles with the same player during one game session!

I read that these are all the styles available in the game:

Twins: Two players danced the same way.

Triplets: Three players danced the same way.

Quartet: Four players danced the same way.

In Rhythm: You had the best sense of rhythm!

Creative: You have your own style!

Energetic: You put the most energy into your moves!

Smooth: You danced well without breaking a sweat!

Wild: You shook around the most!

Lazy: You were the least energetic! Try a little harder.

So do I really need 4 players to get the Bronze and Gold achievements? And how do I get the Twins/Triplets/Quartet style with the same player in one session?

Can I get at least the Silver achievement with one player?

Any tips on how to get each style?

I think that you need four players to get all of the dance styles achievements. This is my one beef with the game - too much reliance on multiplayer for many of the achievements... Hopefully they can all be achieved in one night of play with some friends.

As for trying to get the different styles I have no idea. I seem to always get creative no matter what I do, lol.

Here's the ones I've gotten so far, and how I believe you can get them:

Lazy, you really don't need to do anything. Just sit there...move occassionally, but as it says, you don't really need to expend a lot of energy.

Creative, I find that you really just have to dance, but only follow the on-screen avatar loosely. Throw in a couple of original little turns or kicks...you'll miss the moves, but it seems to give you marks for the effort, anyway.

In Rhythm & Energetic are the most common styles awarded. You barely have to try to get them. Just follow along with the music and you should get either one. Not sure there's really much difference between the two, but could be wrong.

I have yet to see Wild, though I imagine flailing about like a maniac will get it done. Not sure if anyone can confirm as the forums a bit dead, but any help would be appreciated.

Smooth is by far the most difficult one to get because from what I can gather, you have to pretty much nail the performance. Five stars, no misses...not sure if the move rating counts, but you I'm certain you can't miss a move on the song. (I've gotten the rating twice, both times on songs that I know extremely well).

For the multiplayer, unfortunately, I believe this that yes, you do need four players for the Gold achievement in one session. It's not necessarily that hard to get the styles with four people playing, as you only need them to get the same rating as you once, then play a couple more songs to get the last couple of styles. It's based on luck though, and unless you've got some really skilled dancers with you, this will be one of those acheivements that one in a million unlock. Finding four people to play with in general is a hassle, though...Thankfully my kids love it, so I may eventually get this, assuming I can score the Wild style. ;)

As for the Silver achievement...you need to get four different dance styles at once...as you're only given one style per song, this does require four players.

There is a possible way to fool the system when dancing, as the tracking on this game is suspect. If you move offscreen sometimes the game will switch you from being one player, to being a completely different one. (This is indicated by the colour of your avatar in the corner). It's difficult to get it to change to all four different colours, though not impossible. Getting four different styles however...isn't easy. I recommend doing it with two if you can.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by RonaldReznick

I haven't gotten the bronze on this yet, and I imagine that's due largely to the fact that I haven't seen Wild yet. Once I get this, (which I'll be attempting later tonight), I'll have logged every style with the exception of the multiplayer...if it pops before I get the multiplayer ones, I'll post and let you know.

PS. The multiplayer styles seem jankie to me. I've got myself and my kids working on it. I'll keep updating once we get more achievements and I can confirm it works on multiple accounts.

Cheers!

Edited by RonaldReznick

Ok I just did something funny since I don't have 3 other players: I used two chairs and a vac and messed around until they were recognized as players.

I then just sat around and wanted to get the "Performer - Silver" achievement (Got four Dance Styles at same time!). But although all of us got "Wild" (which is weird since neither me nor the objects did move at all) the achievement didn't unlock. So after at least a dozen tries I finally unlocked it (with the Song "This is Halloween") when all of us got a different style (Energetic, Wild, Lazy and Creative). So the achievement description is a bit misleading.

And even though all of us did the same "moves" (= stand still) I didn't get Quadruplet/Triplet/Twin Style :(

Edited by Hawaiian

Alright, cool. The more we mess around, the more we may be able to crack the code. ;)

Perhaps with a bit of a collaborative effort, we can actually get a guide going to help out others.

Working with my son to get Twin Style. We matched move for move...Not really putting a whole lot of effort in, and so far...nothing. I'm beginning to think these "styles" are glitched.

Yes, please let me know when you manage to unlock Twins, Triplets and/or Quadruplets. I hope it's not glitched :/

On trueachievements.com there are currently 2 people who unlocked "Performer - Bronze" und (a different group of) 3 people who unlocked "Performer - Gold" which is weird since those wo got Gold should have gotten Bronze as well?!

I contacted all of them yesterday but haven't got a reply yet.

And I'm pretty sure that I got all the Singleplayer Styles but didn't get the Bronze Achievement, so apparently the Multiplayer Styles are required for this one, too.

Ok, I just got some replies from those who unlocked the achievements. Apparently you need all Singleplayer Styles + the Twins Multiplayer Style (not Triplets or Quartet) for the Gold achievement. For the Bronze you need all Single- and all Multiplayer Styles.

They think that you get Twins/Triplets/Quartet if you have a similar score in the end and/or stand face to face with your partner and keep doing back and forth rowing moves with your arms/hands.

@RonaldReznick Could you give both methods a try?

Edited by Hawaiian

And does anyone have a good tip for "Smooth"? I never got it on my own but some days ago I played with s.o. else, he played for the first time and got smooth right away and only 4 stars? Perhaps you need to reduce your moves e.g. jump not that high, stretch your arms not completely, etc.?

Wow :D just managed to unlock all the Performer achievements!

I went for the "I could do this all night!" achievement and got all the Singleplayer Styles (including Smooth, but I still cannot say why/how I got it). Then I used my chairs again xD

I played the "Airplanes" song and messed around until 1 chair was recognized as player. I sat down next to the chair, tried to have the same shape as the chair and didn't move throughout the song. On my 3rd attempt I got the "Twins" style (this doesn't really depend on your final score, it rather depends on your moves/ratings -> me and my chair usually got the same ratings (ok, X or good, once even perfect ^^) and we had similar amounts of sweat points). But unfortunately the "Performer - Gold" achievement didn't unlock. So I messed around with 2 more chairs until I got Triplets and Quartets Style and voilà - once I got the Quartet style I unlocked both "Perfomer - Gold" and "Performer - Bronze". So apparently you do need all Multiplayer Styles for the Gold achievement as well? But it's weird that several people have the Gold achievement but don't have Bronze?

Cool. At least we can confirm that all styles are needed. I was finally able to get all the single-player styles and no, the achievement didn't pop. Will get the kids to work on the multi with me until we get the Twins etc...styles.

Definitely think there's a few glitches in the achievements, but they seem to unlock eventually. It's kind of random, but at least they unlock. ;)

Thanks for the help!

Okay I've managed to get the bronze and silver ones. At the moment I'm playing around trying to get smooth in this session and it should unlock the gold one too. I managed to get all the multiplayer ones by using 2,3 + 4 chairs with hoodies on playing Barbara Stiesand. Managed to get silver doing the same thing on This is Haloween.

Just wondering, what exactly are you guys doing with the chairs to get the Kinect sensor to pick them up as people?

well it's easier with revolving chairs. you just have to place them in front of the sensor, make them spin and they'll be recognized as players.

with normal chairs it's a bit more difficult, i made sure that kinect recognized me first, then i hid behind the chair and moved it a bit until the whole chair was recognized and then i moved out of kinects field of view. i repeated this process for the other chairs.

Smooth is by far the most difficult one to get because from what I can gather, you have to pretty much nail the performance. Five stars, no misses...not sure if the move rating counts, but you I'm certain you can't miss a move on the song. (I've gotten the rating twice, both times on songs that I know extremely well).

Actually, I found a simple way to get this style. Play No Limit and do the choreography without moving too much and it'll most probably pop. That's where I got it a few times.

I got every style except for Triplets and Quartets. Once I get those 2, Bronze should pop up.

• 2 weeks later...

i got most of the styles using the method described above,vacuum cleaner chairs few jackets,get the sensor to see them as different colours in the difficulty selection screen,pick them up and hide behind them if necessary,they'll all register and the styles will start rolling in,use barbara streissand for the twins trio and quartet,use this is halloween for all others,with the coats you'll probably get 3 or 4 stars on each player if you don't have the big band theories bronze and silver you can nail those too,oh and paly short songs

• 1 month later...