Bad game :(

oaklay

I don't know about anyone else who picked up this today but I am enjoying the shit out of it.

Already bought the game and finished the Prologue and Chapter 1. It may not be the best game but definitely not bad. Felt great not alerting, knocking out or killing anyone, just like old times.

Same, I especially enjoyed completely clearing out the jewellery shop basement of loot and cracking the safe, without alerting or knocking out the owner. 'Twas fun :p

I don't know about anyone else who picked up this today but I am enjoying the shit out of it.

Same, I especially enjoyed completely clearing out the jewellery shop basement of loot and cracking the safe, without alerting or knocking out the owner. 'Twas fun :p

Glad to hear it man!

Watch out with those spoilers though, some of us have to wait till Friday. ;)

The game has some brilliant moments, but it has many many flaws as well. It takes time to see them, and some gamers may not get caught up with the same problems/frustrations I've had. Don;t get me wrong, there are GREAT parts, but the link between them had me disappointed.

Also, Chapter 5 is pretty awesome compared to others.

I've played through the first 2 missions, twice now and can't see what people are complaining about. I really starting to like the control scheme. It manages to feel very different, yet works nicely.

The problems become more apparent after that. The problems lie with the "in between" levels within The City. It's filler, repetitive, and really frustrating at points. Later on there are also specific pieces of loot that trigger a cutscene or the next area of a map, and you walk around aimlessly looking for this small specific item.

Those who liked Dishonored gameplay will certainly enjoy this one.

It's a good game - not a epic one... anyone with both Xbox consoles I recommend getting the One version, that have the same gameplay, with much improved graphics (I think that the Xbox 360 version could have better graphics).

I've preordered it for Xbox One but I was able to see it on Xbox 360 and cancelled my preorder immediately.

I'm really disappointed about it.

300 collectables and multiple play throughs to get 1k :(

Confusing gameplay.

Wait for reviews!

This game is very good so personally I think that you are "TheCynicalGamer" from reddit. Apparently TheCynicalGamer created 10 different accounts to upvote his post. What you are doing here fits in with that behavior. If you aren't TheCynicalGamer why would you let someone named TheCynicalGamer sway your opinion. The guy obviously can't be pleased judging by his name.

After spending a fair amount of time with both the 360 and One version. Something that I can't help but notice is:

How can Rise looks so good and Thief look.. well dark and shitty a lot of the time. I'm not a graphics junkie, but there are parts where it just doesn't look good at all.

It's hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game though. :)

After spending a fair amount of time with both the 360 and One version. Something that I can't help but notice is:

How can Rise looks so good and Thief look.. well dark and shitty a lot of the time. I'm not a graphics junkie, but there are parts where it just doesn't look good at all.

It's hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game though. :)

Probably down to Ryse being developed solely for the one while I am sure a lot of Thief has been ported.

This game is very good so personally I think that you are "TheCynicalGamer" from reddit. Apparently TheCynicalGamer created 10 different accounts to upvote his post. What you are doing here fits in with that behavior. If you aren't TheCynicalGamer why would you let someone named TheCynicalGamer sway your opinion. The guy obviously can't be pleased judging by his name.

You got me buddy. I'm TheCynicalGamer :nana:

Really??? :confused:

I've played the game on 360 and I think it's not good - not worth 60 euro.

Look at the reviews... There are not great.

Maybe it's not bad but it's not great either.

Edited by oaklay

Ok. So, I just got the game yesterday from GameFly. I installed it and started playing. I was very underwhelmed. I dragged through the prologue and struggled through chapter 1 before stopping and playing a different game. That is very unusual for me. When I get a new game I am usually up until 3-4AM playing it, night after night. The fact that I didn't have the desire to play past chapter 1 says something.

What didn't I like? Well, the graphics were extremely bad. I'm not that discerning. I started gaming in the 80's. I grew up with the ability to appreciate good game play even with the absence of ANY graphics, let alone coping with bad graphics. The environment looked ok (not great, but passable). The big issue was the characters. They moved woodenly and looked like they were made of wax.

Voice acting and the script? Bad. I cringed at how bad the dialogue was. The voice actors also sounded stoney. Probably worst is Garrett, the main character. So, yes, you have to hear his phoney grumbly voice throughout the game.

The story? Felt very much like a knock-off of Dishonored. In fact, the whole engine felt like it was borrowed, and then poorly implemented here.

Gameplay? Very repetitive. You are constantly opening drawer after drawer, chest after chest to steal stuff. (and BTW, you need to do this to get money to buy upgrades). Granted I've only made it through the prologue and chapter 1, but if this is the game's best foot forward, I'm not impressed. I say this, because in any good story, be it a movie, book, or game, it needs to draw the audience in early. Anyways, you do a lot of sneaking. Here again, it felt like Dishonored, except not as well done.

The game also has frame rate issues. This surprised me as I haven't seen this unless I am playing an early gen xbox game. I have one of the later Xbox models. So, I know I'm not running a shitty system.

So, that's my semi-rant/review. I think the game sucks. I'd say it is 1.5 stars out of 5. I'm struggling to build up the will to continue. I probably will muddle through a few more chapters, maybe I'll change my mind. But so far, it hasn't been a good ride.

In fact, the whole engine felt like it was borrowed, and then poorly implemented here.

Well, both games were made on Unreal Engine 3, so... ;)

Probably down to Ryse being developed solely for the one while I am sure a lot of Thief has been ported.

Not to mention that Ryse was solely developed to show off the XBone's graphics capabilities...

Edited by Jack Frost