57 hours and a lot of help, everyone else?

Yanbbrox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now I'm at 60 hours, and I think it was 50 for the regular 1k. I started off just not know what to do, but at like the 20 hour mark I decided to stop exploring and just doing quests how ever I was doing it and went with the guide. All I've got left now is Point lookout and Zeta.

You guys are crazy lol. I was just over 100 hours when i completed the 1000/1000. Granted, i spent the majority of my time exploring the world and reading all the little tidbits and such, not whoring achievements :p . I could see this game being accomplishable in around 40-50 hours easily though.

I'm with 25h and got +300G, but I'm not using guides, just for the missable achievements, so I can explore everything by myself enjoying each moment of the game ;) anyway, any RPG take at least 100h of gameplay to be completely explored. so I'm not worried about how long it will take me to finish the game and get 1550G bc I really love RPGs :)

I'm with 25h and got +300G, but I'm not using guides, just for the missable achievements, so I can explore everything by myself enjoying each moment of the game ;) anyway, any RPG take at least 100h of gameplay to be completely explored. so I'm not worried about how long it will take me to finish the game and get 1550G bc I really love RPGs :)

guides make achievements boring? :confused:

In cases like this where it ruins the surprises and you don't get to explore for yourself, guides make getting the achievements boring, yes. Guides are more useful when getting the achievement normally is either too annoying, too hard, or too boring already.

yeah, if its a achievement of a story line then i can see why you don't want to use a guide, spoilers. but the others, guides are faster to use than figure it out you're self, i guess some people might consider guides cheating.

yeah, if its a achievement of a story line then i can see why you don't want to use a guide, spoilers. but the others, guides are faster to use than figure it out you're self, i guess some people might consider guides cheating.

I know, I have nothing wrong with using guides (I use them all the time), it's just a game like this is all about exploring and it's fun to find the quests by yourself, not looking up what part of the map you get them. It's all up to personal preference but I just think Fallout 3 is one of those games you should avoid achievement guides for, except for things like missable achievements and the bobbleheads, etc.

I just found it quite fun to stumble upon quests when roaming the Wasteland.

I know, I have nothing wrong with using guides (I use them all the time), it's just a game like this is all about exploring and it's fun to find the quests by yourself, not looking up what part of the map you get them. It's all up to personal preference but I just think Fallout 3 is one of those games you should avoid achievement guides for, except for things like missable achievements and the bobbleheads, etc.

I just found it quite fun to stumble upon quests when roaming the Wasteland.

exactly, without an achievement guide i would have never found the bobbleheads. i also would have never been able to find the deathclaw gauntlet schematics for the weapon smith achievement.

Took 58 hours on one character and 8 on another... I did all the original 1k and then Broken Steel, Pitt, and Anchorage on the first. I missed the Energy Weapons Bobble Head (I didn't plan on playing so much) and so in order to get my full 1350 I just made a new character. Even though my original was great I wish I had planned. My second was almost as good at level 14.

exactly, without an achievement guide i would have never found the bobbleheads. i also would have never been able to find the deathclaw gauntlet schematics for the weapon smith achievement.

You're missing my point :p I know that guides help a lot sometimes, but in terms of general gameplay I find that guides ruin the main part of this game, which is exploring. I used guides to find stuff in this game too, but not before I found pretty much every quest and explored a ton first.

Above post: Yeah, thanks to BS my original character has lots of maxed stats but at level 20 there were some things I was missing, noticeably I had a very low Energy Weapons level even though it was supposed to be a tank/general weapons character.

Currently sitting at 91hrs and about 200 save files (I'm like a panic merchant with savefile corruptions in RPGs). Just got the first achievement in Mothership Zeta and I really don't want this game to end. Wish they'd still release more DLC!! :)

I don't think I've played any game a fraction of the time I've played this, and, not a single boring time had either.