How the HELL do you destroy an enemy vehicle with a repair torch..

Barad

I did this maybe twice over 250hrs on BC2.. Literally it's impossible to do it on this game as enemies will always jump out and kill you. I've came as close as disabling a few but even after that you have to hold the repair tool on the vehicle for about 10 seconds to finally destroy it. I'm talking about tanks here as the AMTRAC's & BTR's are even stonger, where as jeeps and buggies are fast and are never stood still.

Anyone even done this yet?

Edited by Barad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried it with the EOD bot? You can drive it under the tank or IFV and they don't even know it's there until the tank is on fire. Haven't tried it myself after this DLC came out but since it's technically a torch it should count, in theory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyyno94FVVg]BF3 | EOD Bots vs. Tanks and People (Battlefield 3) - YouTube[/ame]

I tried last night and couldn't do it. First I hit a Humvee with an RPG, the gunner didn't move and kept firing, so I ran up with the torch and commenced attack and nothing happened. Only thing I can think is there was another person on the other side repairing it, as it just would not blow up, and I hit it for a good 10sec. or so.

I spawned into a teammate after i already crippled a tank, my mate was right in front of the tank, i used the torch and in a second i blew it up with the driver! Pure luck...like the "like a boss" cheevo...now where i somehow did this i will somehow get my F-35 kill :D

Edited by Tommy Gun 81

actually I was playing rush on strike at karkand and there was a enemy tank sitting in the street so me and this other engineer just ran up to it and started torching it.. took about 20 sec and then BOOM blew it up.. I got a double kill with the torch and also unlocked the first weapon for my engineer kit for the assignments. I was pretty happy :)

All of you seem to be super lucky in your enemy not jumping out when their burning, I've had nuff attempts scorching tanks but always end up dying or them jumping out :L EOD bot is just a time waster.

I gotta keep at this. Any map suggestions?

Edited by Barad

I got this on one of those big vehicles that act as mobile spawn points (Amtrak or something). Unlike tanks you dont repair them once the enemy exits, so you can damage them with the torch when there are no enemies about.

Really? Did not know that, will keep a look out for those tomorrow, thanks.

I got this on one of those big vehicles that act as mobile spawn points (Amtrak or something). Unlike tanks you dont repair them once the enemy exits, so you can damage them with the torch when there are no enemies about.

This^ All of you must not play rush cause I got this twice second time was just for the hell of it. Its so easy amtrac's are just a mobile spawn beacon so you can't get in it just destroy it. Weaken it with rockets then take it out with repair tool.

Got mine by torching a mav. I believe that any enemy equipment will count as a "vehicle" destroyed.

yes that makes sense I gotten enough vehicle destroy assists from that thing to know its considered a vehicle. Its actually better to hurt it a lot but not destroy it to get the most points possible. So stupid you get 20 points for destroying it and yet you can get a vehicle destroy assist of 21-99 on it.

This^ All of you must not play rush cause I got this twice second time was just for the hell of it. Its so easy amtrac's are just a mobile spawn beacon so you can't get in it just destroy it. Weaken it with rockets then take it out with repair tool.

Oh oh wait.

You mean when playing rush, you just have to weaken the Amtrac with RPG then finish the job with the repair tool even if there isn't any enemy in there?

I destroyed the Amtrack on canals with the repair tool on Monday night. Gutted!

I did this earlier after reading this thread, i was playing rush on Noshar Cannals. I committed suicide in the process but hey at least i got my Assignment Challenge done! Now to be a rocket whore. I need 30 more kills :boomUnless i can find a decent squad i'll never unlock the last Assault Rifle.

Ok which maps have the AMTRAK, having lot of trouble with this..tried noshahr canals on conquest but no luck.

What is that other night time map ? For the life of me I can't remember the name I know that map has it as well. And I didn't know you can do this with the enemy mortar ? Ive come across so many enemy mortars after they just died.

Edit: Tehran Highway that's the one.

Edited by InsaneKane87