No sniper friendly maps :(

MF Gunners

Hi there,

anyone else think there are no sniper friendly maps on black ops, none. All the other cods had some, if black ops bring out another map pack they should defiantly have a sniper friendly map. Also i miss quick scoping as they have made it really hard! :( anyone agree, your thoughts? :uzi:

Quick Scoping is terrible and im glad they pretty much got rid of it. Your not meant to able to run n gun with a sniper rifle.

And as for sniper friendly maps. Theres...

Array

Cracked

Crisis

Villa

DLC...

Discovery

Berlin Wall

Nail. Head. Bang.

I suggest you use the bitching thread as well!

Hi there,

anyone else think there are no sniper friendly maps on black ops, none. All the other cods had some, if black ops bring out another map pack they should defiantly have a sniper friendly map. Also i miss quick scoping as they have made it really hard! :( anyone agree, your thoughts? :uzi:

Sniping is def possible on certain maps. You just have to change your mindset because sniping cant be done like people did in halo 1. COD doesnt have maps where you can just lay prone the entire match and pick off 30 people without taking a single bullet worth of damage. You either have to be prepared to move as a sniper, or prepared to die.

As for the quickscoping i could care less. I think it is a stupid tactic, but i dont mind it in the game because i like the free kills against quickscopers.

Edited by MC B0B x360a

I personally don't use the sniper rifle very much, it's not my gun of choice. But I have tried it on Blops and there does seem to be a few sniper valid maps.

Or are you referring specifically to the new dlc?

Array is probably the best map for sniping, in my opinion, but deadly moves' post pretty much covers everything. <3

Hahaha.

As a longtime player of the Call of duty franchise, I can safely say that quickscoping takes A LOT more skill than spraying with an automatic, which is the method used by 90% of the player community. If you doubt me, play Rust with an intervention, then with any submachine gun or automatic assault rifle, and see which gets you more kills.

I've come to grips with the simple fact that Cod means getting killed by claymores, grenade launchers, helicopters, cars, planes, dogs, squirrels, rhinos, ANYTHING but somebody having to fire their gun. And even if they do, you better believe they'll spray.

On topic however, I find it fun to snipe on maps like Array and Cracked, you just have to be more careful because Black ops is an anagram for 'Get shot in the back' (I'm very dyslexic)

Hahaha.

As a longtime player of the Call of duty franchise, I can safely say that quickscoping takes A LOT more skill than spraying with an automatic, which is the method used by 90% of the player community. If you doubt me, play Rust with an intervention, then with any submachine gun or automatic assault rifle, and see which gets you more kills.

I've come to grips with the simple fact that Cod means getting killed by claymores, grenade launchers, helicopters, cars, planes, dogs, squirrels, rhinos, ANYTHING but somebody having to fire their gun. And even if they do, you better believe they'll spray.

On topic however, I find it fun to snipe on maps like Array and Cracked, you just have to be more careful because Black ops is an anagram for 'Get shot in the back' (I'm very dyslexic)

Yeah, Aim Assist is for winner.

Hi there,

There is plenty of sniper friendly maps

Take Array where you get to enjoy having your own tower!!! Who could have thought that Treyarch would give snipers their own tower, thats just amazing.

Then you have the wonderful Crisis where you are Blessed with 2 stones and yes ANOTHER TOWER! Seriously so much awesomeness

On the beautiful streets of Havanna you can enjoy the wonderful life as a home owner (You even get a balcony!)

Dont forget that snipers arenth supposed to be moving that much, they should just lay down in a bush in the outskirts of the map and wait patiently, because thats what real snipers does!

Just like real life infantery just rush into buildings hipfiring and throwing nades randomly!

I was thinking about this. In MW2 to make a bolt action rifle as powerful as the L96A1 you need to use the Intervention with Stopping Power. Now you get a gun that powerful, and 3 additional perks (because Stopping power isn't taking up one). So in a lot of ways snipers are more powerful now. But yet people keep bitching. I don't get it.

Even the PSG1 is as good as the Barrett .50cal with Stopping Power.

It's because you have to wait half an hour in scope for the bullet to actually work.

Don't get why they even did it, didn't have any problems with "quickscopers" on MW2 and still have no idea what people are on about. Even on MW2 it was a disadvantage using a Snipe on most of the maps. It's just more fun using a 1 Bullet Bolt-Action for each kill instead of just waggling the stick, holding the trigger and letting the AA get the kill.

I know they'd never implement this but what if they made all guns a 1 bullet headshot kill, at least then people would have a reason to aim for headshots and give people that can actually aim a reward for being the better player.

I know they'd never implement this but what if they made all guns a 1 bullet headshot kill, at least then people would have a reason to aim for headshots and give people that can actually aim a reward for being the better player.

Thats a horrible idea, im sorry but no, then people would spray more and use the guns with the larger clips because "one lucky shot is all i need". They should balance the damage like in counter-strike. But then again Counter-Strike is seemingly always going to be far ahead of all games when it comes to balancing issues despite being released so long ago... eh.

Dont forget that snipers arenth supposed to be moving that much, they should just lay down in a bush in the outskirts of the map and wait patiently, because thats what real snipers does!

Actually sniper doctrine is changing to becoming more mobile. For an interesting read get Shooter: The Autobiography of the Top-Ranked Marine Sniper by Sgt. Jack Coughlin.

Actually sniper doctrine is changing to becoming more mobile. For an interesting read get Shooter: The Autobiography of the Top-Ranked Marine Sniper by Sgt. Jack Coughlin.

True, but isnt that just going to add a new breed of sniper as opposed to replacing the classic support/scout styled recon?

It's because you have to wait half an hour in scope for the bullet to actually work.

I agree with this statement. I really want to use the sniper rifles, but I always just get hit markers. It doesn't matter what the map is, it won't change that the sniper rifles aren't even effective anymore.

Quick Scoping is terrible and im glad they pretty much got rid of it. Plus your not meant to able to run n gun with a sniper rifle.

And as for sniper friendly maps. Theres...

Array

Cracked

Crisis

Villa

DLC...

Discovery

Berlin Wall

BAM! Exactly what I was going to say. I can sucessfully snipe on alot of maps those being the main ones.

I was thinking about this. In MW2 to make a bolt action rifle as powerful as the L96A1 you need to use the Intervention with Stopping Power. Now you get a gun that powerful, and 3 additional perks (because Stopping power isn't taking up one). So in a lot of ways snipers are more powerful now. But yet people keep bitching. I don't get it.

Even the PSG1 is as good as the Barrett .50cal with Stopping Power.

You beat me to this excellent point. People bitch that stopping power was OP in mw2, but the bitch about guns being week in black ops. Alot of people forget that stopping power is what made the gun powerful, and the gun wasnt that OP to begin with. As you stated the stock snipers (without stopping power) are strong in black ops than in mw2.

As do I. I do well with the PSG1 and WA2000 as well. It's the maps a bit, but the players a lot.

Granted, there are some maps that aren't good for sniping, but on the majority of them you can do pretty well (Especially in S&D).

On a side note:

You should try the WA2000 with Thermal Scope, if you haven't. I put it on just to mess around, and found that it is actually pretty beastly.

They don't seem to "work" because when you fire a bullet before the crosshairs have "settled down," the game registers it as a hip-fire shot, and it often hits the ground.. You have to wait until just after the little "jump" the crosshairs do, then fire.

I agree with this statement. I really want to use the sniper rifles, but I always just get hit markers. It doesn't matter what the map is, it won't change that the sniper rifles aren't even effective anymore.

Hit them in chest/head, and you're fine. Although the snipers are no Intervention, they work well enough.

Edited by KillTheft_Echo