Difference between trial and full versions?

Arsenic 17

What is the difference between purchasing the game and playing the trial? I got the trial and you can earn all the achievements and also it seems nothing within the game is locked. What am I missing?

Maybe it's a bug or non-final version with unlockable achievements for some reason. Btw, just wondering which version of Windows 8 are you running? Tried installing the latest preview version and another one I had (I think it was still the release preview and not the earlier consumer preview) but couldn't get achievements for another game. Couldn't find any other game besides Wordament, in fact (already changed the store region to US).

Maybe it's a bug or non-final version with unlockable achievements for some reason. Btw, just wondering which version of Windows 8 are you running? Tried installing the latest preview version and another one I had (I think it was still the release preview and not the earlier consumer preview) but couldn't get achievements for another game. Couldn't find any other game besides Wordament, in fact (already changed the store region to US).

Yeah maybe I should grind out the full 200G before it is patched or updated somehow.

I am running Win 8 Pro x64 RTM version. What game couldnt you get achievements in? Wordament didnt have achievements until a little while ago.

The way I find all current Xbox Live enabled games for Windows 8 is by going to the store, and searching (via the charms bar) "Xbox." It brings up all currently available games (6 I believe, 4 free microsoft ones, wordamnet, 4 elements II, and rocket riot). Adera is also available but must be searched another way and only is a trial with a few achievements obtainable.

adera had an update today and now has all of the achievements available! perso, I am running the w8 pro rtm with 90 day trial. I would also like to know why they are all free? of course I am good with free. most of the games didn't offer to buy, rr3d did but I took the trial and have just got last cheevo on it. it's really weird?!

Yeah maybe I should grind out the full 200G before it is patched or updated somehow.

I am running Win 8 Pro x64 RTM version. What game couldnt you get achievements in? Wordament didnt have achievements until a little while ago.

The way I find all current Xbox Live enabled games for Windows 8 is by going to the store, and searching (via the charms bar) "Xbox." It brings up all currently available games (6 I believe, 4 free microsoft ones, wordamnet, 4 elements II, and rocket riot). Adera is also available but must be searched another way and only is a trial with a few achievements obtainable.

I suppose it'll be updated when Windows 8 gets released, or some time before that.

Which means the latest version? Strange, I'm running that too. I only have Wordament at the moment. Didn't see any other games on the Store but I'll try searching for it like you said. Hopefully I can get the achievements before the influx of players makes it harder...

Why would the influx of players make it harder? It is an entirely single player achievement list?

There's one which requires you to be in the Top 250. If I was getting Windows 8 on day one it won't be much of a problem since it'll take some time to get on the leaderboards, but personally I'm waiting for a Surface Pro. Plus I'm slipping for the Top 250 as well, so...

There's one which requires you to be in the Top 250. If I was getting Windows 8 on day one it won't be much of a problem since it'll take some time to get on the leaderboards, but personally I'm waiting for a Surface Pro. Plus I'm slipping for the Top 250 as well, so...

I am confused what you are saying. This is the Rocket Riot 3D forum. Are you talking about Wordament achievements? There is no leaderboard related achievement in Rocket Riot.

And also for Wordament on W8, the game shares the same leaderboards with the Windows Phone version I believe. So there is already a huge amount of players and getting into the top 250 will take a LONG LONG time. It is likely impossible for the average player now.

I am confused what you are saying. This is the Rocket Riot 3D forum. Are you talking about Wordament achievements? There is no leaderboard related achievement in Rocket Riot.

And also for Wordament on W8, the game shares the same leaderboards with the Windows Phone version I believe. So there is already a huge amount of players and getting into the top 250 will take a LONG LONG time. It is likely impossible for the average player now.

Yeah I was referring to Wordament. I already have 200/200 for the WP7 version so if I could get the achievements to unlock I just need to play a game, although at this point I'm already bumped out of the Top 250. :/

Either way it seems like I'll have to wait for October 26...

Yeah I was referring to Wordament. I already have 200/200 for the WP7 version so if I could get the achievements to unlock I just need to play a game, although at this point I'm already bumped out of the Top 250. :/

Either way it seems like I'll have to wait for October 26...

Actually, it has already been announced that if you got the leaderboard based achievements on the WP version, they will automatically unlock on the W8 version. Some others will unlock as well. Like play 100 games and top 10 ten times. Check the developers blog HERE for more info.

Also, back on topic. An update was released for Rocket Riot 3D today and it fixes the trial glitch (if it was even a glitch). If you download the update, you will no longer have access to the full game for free (and any of the achievements). You will need to pay the $5 price tag. Make sure you DO NOT download the update. It is not like Xbox 360 (or GFWL) where you cant play the game online if you dont get the updates. You can still access the full game without getting the update.

Also, anyone now downloading the game for the first time will not be able to get the full game and achievements for free.

Actually, it has already been announced that if you got the leaderboard based achievements on the WP version, they will automatically unlock on the W8 version. Some others will unlock as well. Like play 100 games and top 10 ten times. Check the developers blog HERE for more info.

Also, back on topic. An update was released for Rocket Riot 3D today and it fixes the trial glitch (if it was even a glitch). If you download the update, you will no longer have access to the full game for free (and any of the achievements). You will need to pay the $5 price tag. Make sure you DO NOT download the update. It is not like Xbox 360 (or GFWL) where you cant play the game online if you dont get the updates. You can still access the full game without getting the update.

Also, anyone now downloading the game for the first time will not be able to get the full game and achievements for free.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't started it yet but I did download it last week.

By the sound of it, it does look like you don't have to remain on the leaderboards, hopefully that'll be the case.

Back on topic too, I can't find any other games besides Wordament, sadly.

• 1 month later...