My 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Theories

Lol.... I had an even more crazy idea. What if Desmond really is reliving his own memory, he might even be subject 16, warning himself. He might indeed have gone crazy at some point, (or got more control of the animus then Abstergo wanted) but being an descendant of Altair and Ezio, they needed him.

Manipulating him (and the animus) in a way that the did get the information they need.

As for the description, "Securing the Apple of Eden", this could go several ways too. Who secured the Apple? Templars could have, or the Assassin's. We aren't 100% sure, so we'll have to wait for the next game and hope they start off Assassin's Creed III from the end of Brotherhood.

I guess you could be right. I just assumed that the achievement had something to doo with desmond since you're playing as him for 3 games now. But I should have learned to not assume anything with this game.

Pfffff....What ideas you can develope when you get up way to early :)

Edited by MightyM

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, while playing the game, I kind of wondered if the entire point of the series would turn out to be a descendant of Desmond's reliving his experiences to see what happened in 2012. Because obviously, a descendant of Desmond's would be in the future.

And the voices in the credits could be voices from that future. Since there's really no way of identifying who they actually are. And they never actually said to put "Desmond" back in the Animus.

Not to mention, everyone thinks the games are about Altair and Ezio's stories (and whoever the next ancestor may be)... but the point of the whole series is actually to follow Desmond's story.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of AC3, it jumped forward to the year 3023 and a descendant of Desmond's is strapped to an Animus by future Templars and has just revealed where Desmond hid the Apple.

Okay theoire isn´t bad either.

I don´t know excatly the words subject 16 uses but is he addressing desmond peronaly?

Is so please skip this part xD

if not can it be that subject 16 is talking to someone behind desmond just like minerva did with ezio?

Everything he said about not save them and she are person we don´t know yet because we don´t know the main character yet?

Desync. desmon becaus of stabbing Lucy is kinda intereseting. I like this thought it would lead this game to a complety different story and ending and after AC1 and 2 i would be surpriesed because the story is full of twistes.

And one point you should help me with.... Desmond suffers from the bleeding-effect because he uses the Animus to much. Now just think about desmonds son using the Animus to see desmonds memory WHILE using the Animus to see Ezio / Altair. The bleeding-effect must be a lot harder cause he is in there non-stop right? This could be what the voices in the end meant. That his son is suffering from the bleeding effect because the Animus did this to him. Last but not least it would also explain why we don´t here Shaun or Rebecca who should still be with desmond.

The voices at the end make it sound like Desmond was in the machine and comas out and they need to put him back in.

The alternate is that they were refering to him having stabbed Lucy and THAT was what they ment by the Animus did this to him. Shawn and Rebecca not being there is very plausible, I mean Desmond just out of the blue stabbed her after getting the apple. Either they are being questioned by the higher up in the Assassin's and/or they just don't want to be around Desmond just now since he just stabbed their friend and collegue, who they've been working closely with for a good long while.

The story of the games are about Desmond. They always have been right from the beginning. Not about Altiar and not about Ezio. It is Desmonds story adn him reliving his lineage through the Animus. Both Minerva and Subject 16 have refered to him by name, trying to talk to him directly through the Animus.

Not to mention, everyone thinks the games are about Altair and Ezio's stories (and whoever the next ancestor may be)... but the point of the whole series is actually to follow Desmond's story.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of AC3, it jumped forward to the year 3023 and a descendant of Desmond's is strapped to an Animus by future Templars and has just revealed where Desmond hid the Apple.

I too, find it kind of annoying how people believe the games evolve around Altair and Ezio. Usually it is because they simply play the games for sheer enjoyment, and don't sink their teeth deep into the story like some of us do.

And I too, would not be surprised. Although I understand that the year you game, 3023, is just an example I'd assume it would be maybe two years later. After all, if this is the case, they probably wouldn't want to change the setting too much. Good posting though Skillet, nonetheless. Realistically, none of us or right or wrong until we see what the next game brings us. :)

And one point you should help me with.... Desmond suffers from the bleeding-effect because he uses the Animus to much. Now just think about desmonds son using the Animus to see desmonds memory WHILE using the Animus to see Ezio / Altair. The bleeding-effect must be a lot harder cause he is in there non-stop right? This could be what the voices in the end meant. That his son is suffering from the bleeding effect because the Animus did this to him. Last but not least it would also explain why we don´t here Shaun or Rebecca who should still be with desmond.

The bleeding effect is harder for Desmond already when you do the Cristina missions. He is basically viewing Ezio's own memories.

So then you one-up it, and all of a sudden you've got Desmond's son viewing Desmond's memories, who is viewing Ezio's memories, who is viewing Cristina's memories. Crazy huh? To me it sounds like you're right on track by saying that the bleeding effect would get worse by a significant amount.

The voices at the end make it sound like Desmond was in the machine and comas out and they need to put him back in.

The alternate is that they were refering to him having stabbed Lucy and THAT was what they ment by the Animus did this to him. Shawn and Rebecca not being there is very plausible, I mean Desmond just out of the blue stabbed her after getting the apple. Either they are being questioned by the higher up in the Assassin's and/or they just don't want to be around Desmond just now since he just stabbed their friend and collegue, who they've been working closely with for a good long while.

The story of the games are about Desmond. They always have been right from the beginning. Not about Altiar and not about Ezio. It is Desmonds story adn him reliving his lineage through the Animus. Both Minerva and Subject 16 have refered to him by name, trying to talk to him directly through the Animus.

Ooooh... I like! :goodpost

Pfffff....What ideas you can develope when you get up way to early :)

None. :p

Edited by XToastySniperX

Desmond is a decendent of "Adam",and Adam was part of the ancient people or something. He has to find the decendent of "Eve" and have a son, the son will save the world.

The apple makes Desmond kill Lucy because she was a love interest of his and she would get in the way of this desired path by the forefathers.

After Desmond loses consciousness and regains it, his body goes into shock. The voices around you state that putting you back into the animus is the only way to save you. However, both of the voices are new, which could suggest that the templars have hold of him again?

After Desmond loses consciousness and regains it, his body goes into shock. The voices around you state that putting you back into the animus is the only way to save you. However, both of the voices are new, which could suggest that the templars have hold of him again?

It just doesn't make sense that the Templars would have him. If they found him then they would have the apple and therefore he would be of no use to them anymore. They certainly wouldn't be concerned about sticking him back in the Animus to save him. He accomplished what they needed from him.

The voices at the end would have to be Assassin's or someone with interest in Desmond's well being. The way it was building up throughout the game, I think the Assassin's high ups have him now. There was talk about bringing him in and if they located the apple and were going for it then the Assassin's would be on hand to wisk them away once they got it.

Im pretty sure the templars need Desmond, he seems to be the only guy to make it work in the present.

They needed him for finding the apple. He is subject 17, when the other's didn't work out or went nuts from the Animus they discarded them and mooved on to another. If they found Desmond with the apple in hand then he would be of no use to them any longer.

New theory on why Desmond stabbed Lucy:

Subject 16 talks of a sun, and then a son, and that it is too late and everything he knew was already gone.

Now, my newest theory is that Desmond was forced to stab Lucy, because if he had a child with her, the sun would have blown up, or some other catastrophic event involving the sun. Therefore, Those Who Came Before programmed the Apple (they knew because they could see into the future) to stab Lucy in the womb or something, or some specific spot that wouldn't allow her to have a baby.

Comments are welcome. ;)

New theory on why Desmond stabbed Lucy:

Subject 16 talks of a sun, and then a son, and that it is too late and everything he knew was already gone.

Now, my newest theory is that Desmond was forced to stab Lucy, because if he had a child with her, the sun would have blown up, or some other catastrophic event involving the sun. Therefore, Those Who Came Before programmed the Apple (they knew because they could see into the future) to stab Lucy in the womb or something, or some specific spot that wouldn't allow her to have a baby.

Comments are welcome. ;)

The more I think about it, the more I think that Desmond is the son that subject 16 is refering to. William M is William Miles and thus Desmonds Father. Desmond is the Son he is speaking of maybe? This also ties in with my Desmond is in the Animus theory as well. It is too late because Desmoned is in the Animus looking for something he missed. Like maybe the templars have a few pieces of Eden. When he escaped from Abstergo they had wiped his memory so he is in the animus learning his assassin skills as well as remembering his own path becuase he knew where the templars have more pieces of eden. Just throwing that out there.

Also, in regards to Lucy, it did look like he stabbed he in the stomach so your theory is entirely possible. Another thing is that Lucy may be a Templar anyway but that she is pulling a Maria Thorpe, and falling for Desmond the way that Maria fell for Altair after he spared her when she impersonated Robert de Sable in AC1.

Ok, so just had a mind blowing revelation about Lucy's stabbing. What if it is the same thing as Altiar's stabbing in the first game. Al Mualim stabbed Altair in the first game so he could be reborn and become who he was ment to become. Maybe Juno forced Desmond to stab Lucy so she could be reborn as Eve and reach her potential.

Also, wasn't Ezio stabbed in the stomach by Rodriguo at the end of AC2 when he was using the apple as well?

I don´t believe that the voices in the end are Templer.

i agree with DarthSoth Desmons is not only of no use anymore now that he holds the appple he is also a threat for the Templer´s. He managed to escape once out of Abstergo and i don´t think that they would risk another escape. If the voices would belong to the Templers they would hold the Apple and kill desmond because they know that he is an important character for the Assassins as well. With him gone and the apple in their hands they would definitl rule.

Ther is just one think in my opinion that can make these voices Templer voices.

If Lucy really is an Assassins hiding in Abstergo... maybe there are more. Maybe the Assassins and their influence is way stronger than expected. Maybe they are actually the one using Abstergo to find the Apple and other things with a few undercover Assassins in top postition.

Last but not least.... what if the story repeats... what if the Assassins or at least the head of the Assassins is just like Al Mualim? They won´t to use the apple as well to bring peace in a certain way. Then the voices in the end could belong to a third group. Maybe persons from Templers and Assassins who found out about their true goals and are now trining to stop both. I know this theory is very far out but i wanted to share it.

I too, find it kind of annoying how people believe the games evolve around Altair and Ezio. Usually it is because they simply play the games for sheer enjoyment, and don't sink their teeth deep into the story like some of us do.

That's kind of arrogant. The games are built to be small picture's that develop into a bigger picture. Altair and Ezio's individual story lines are just as important as Desmond's.

That's kind of arrogant. The games are built to be small picture's that develop into a bigger picture. Altair and Ezio's individual story lines are just as important as Desmond's.

Ezio and Altair's stories are still just side stories to Desmond's. They are great but the series is about Desmond. Ezio and Altiar's part is to give him (and the player) the information he needs. The past events already happened and are the history they are learning about to help them in their current goals. But that have alrerady happened. Desmond is living through his ancestors lives to learn but with no real hand in their outcome. Essentially their story is on rails that he is to follow. They already know what they accomplished and when and how they died. They are looking for the hidden details about the pieces of Eden in the hopes that they can aid them in their goals.

Desmonds story is up in the air. There is nothing set in stone there. They are fighting for their lives and racing against the clock to beat Abstergo. That is the series story that really matters in the end.

Edited by DarthSoth

Yeah so I read some of this but I was thinking about the part when somebody mentioned, "The miracle is in the execution." You have to remember that execution doesn't just mean killing someone, it can also refer to how a task is completed.

As for there being prompts and the the pause menu when you play as Desmond; you have to realize that it is still a video game and somethings they want you to over-analyze.

I don't see the 6th sense being eagle vision, I see it more being tied into something to do with knowledge or more-so the a greater output in brainpower. It makes sense that TWCB are frustrated that we don't have the 6th sense and in real life humans only use roughly 10% of their brain. So if TWCB made Humans they would be pissed that something as complex as the human brain is not nearly used to its full potential.

As for the Desmond's son theory: I think that would be incredibly lackluster for the future of AC. I gotta believe that Desmond Miles is the main protagonist and its gonna stay that way.

As far as the descendant of Eve: IMO this will be a new character introduced in (most likely) AC3. She is not Lucy or Rebecca. This is fact because at the end Juno/Minerva (idk who it is) says SHE LIES NOT WITHIN OUR SIGHT

When all 4 people are neat the apple and the glyphs start appearing Shaun mentions 2 distinct symbols of the many flashing ones, but never finishes due to the time freeze. He mentioned the Phrygian Cap and the Masonic Eye.

Side Note* You can clearly see the Abstergo logo.

I also like the comment that someone made about the Assassins securing the apple. When a story this intriguing is made you know that the Achievements tie into the story (I AM ALIVE being a huge example).

As far as "put him back in the animus" at the very end, I do not think this is Desmond's ancestor. If it were a ancestor reliving Desmond's memories it would have gone back to Desmond before going back to Ezio.

I am bothered by the voices at the end. I mean if it were Desmond that went into a shock, how can they just put him back into the animus that fast, that is if he's still in the temple. If he was, the animus is quite far from them. So they would have to drag them to the animus quite fast. It can also be that it is Desmond reliving his owns memories at a different place at a different time to get more info on templars, pieces of eden or THCB for that matter. Or maybe a descendant of Desmond is reliving his memories, and the memories of Ezio. Love the riddles. Love the games.

Update:

On the whole "Lucy could be a Templar-story". If that were true, then let me ask you why she lights up as blue, when Desmond uses his eagle-vision. I mean, templars, as like other enemies, light up as red. Vidic was red. And so were all the others.

Edited by Expyrious

Last but not least.... what if the story repeats... what if the Assassins or at least the head of the Assassins is just like Al Mualim? They won´t to use the apple as well to bring peace in a certain way. Then the voices in the end could belong to a third group. Maybe persons from Templers and Assassins who found out about their true goals and are now trining to stop both. I know this theory is very far out but i wanted to share it.

Dammit, I didn't think about it that way, it could be. I mean it wouldn't be the first time an assassin was screwed over. It could be another 3rd party..

• 2 weeks later...
It makes sense that TWCB are frustrated that we don't have the 6th sense and in real life humans only use roughly 10% of their brain. So if TWCB made Humans they would be pissed that something as complex as the human brain is not nearly used to its full potential.

The 10% myth needs to stop. While we may only use 10% of our brain at any one time, we use our entire brain.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=do-we-really-use-only-10

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

http://www.rollogrady.com/wp-content/themes/widgetimgs/tmyk.gif

The Gift

The "Gift" is from the 'those that came before' getting jiggy with the line that became the assassins. Humans lack the sixth sense (Knowledge), and the 'those that came before' bred with humans which resulted in the assassin line.

The whole 'eagle eye' is Desmond/Altair/Ezio using the gift which was passed on in their blood. This is how they can look in a crowd of people and pick out who the target is without ever even seeing a picture, it is 'just there', it is them sensing knowledge. As Juno says "We tried to give you the sixth sense, but all you see is shades of blue", a reference to 'eagle eye'.

Erudito

I have to correct you, Erudito isn't working with Abstergo (As definite as you say it). Also, the wikia page does not even say anything about Erudito working for Abstergo (if it did, it was a mistake). There is a possibility he might have worked for them, or that it is Subject 16 however. Abstergo is hostile to Erudito's interruptions. Erudito is also very pro "liberty". The reason Erudito gives you access to the emails accounts is so Desmond knows what is going on, so he can decide things for himself. If anything, Erudito is the Assassin's Creed version of Julian Assange (Wikileaks), that is one thing that is certain.

Templars are to Abstergo, as Assassin's are to...

Free Masons.

Other than the obvious symbol and they both even have Brotherhoods ( ;) ), there is various hints and suggestions within the game of this being the case.