The Eye of Magnus problem *spoilers*

iiPaDFooT

I just got back from getting the Staff of Magnus, and i'm heading back to the college to talk to Tolfdir. I met him in Winterhold, cause he said it was getting too bad, blah blah blah. I pick the "let's get in there" option, and we start moving in. Once we reach the bridge into the college, him and the Destruction chick both turn on me and start attacking me? I honestly can't figure out what I'm supposed to do... I'm afraid to kill them for fear of ruining the quest.

• 1 year later...

Also try using the 3 day (I think) threat cancellation effect, although it might be longer. Upon returning the hostile npc's will usually have turned friendly again, unless they were meant to be hostile.

Is there any chance you guys have been using aoe attack spells and simply hit the 2 mages? I know the dragonborn has a "no hitting friendlies with aoe damage" ability but I've found it doesn't work too well.

I know this sounds obvious, but have you tried putting your weapons away if you've had them out? This has worked for me when I've had companions glitch out on me, even worked when Shadowmere started attacking for no apparent reason, I still Fu's-Ro-Dah'd his ass off of a cliff afterwards just to spite him.

Also, sometimes "Calm" spells work on companions to get them off your back.