Easy "Sweeper" Achievement

Roborobz

In assassins Creed 2 the Sweeper Achievement eluded to find an easy way to deal with it and then I noticed a guard pattern that might make this easier for some people:

- Must have acess to the Venice, San Marco District

-Must buy "Long Weapon Training" from the villa combat instructor (the guy by the ring) for 10k Florians (i think 10k not sure)

- Take fast travel from any other area besides those in Venice to the San Marco District

- Quickly move foward and look for the first guard patrol

-- the patrol should have a soldier with a spear which i found is the weapon to sweep with

---Assassinate all 4 in the group and grab the spear

-move North around the area of the Campanile di San Marco and look towards the east you'll see 4 Brutes standind together guarding the gate.

-Engage the brutes ( 1 random soldier should attack with them making 5)

- Pull of the sweep and stab your way till freedom

Edited by Roborobz

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually ended up getting this near the very end of the game, as when you're infiltrating the final area there is a set of guards where four guys are patrolling the wall, and one archer is in the same area, and one guy always has a spear.

It's a perfect setup to run in, disarm the spear guy, and quickly sweep all five guys.

I actually ended up getting this near the very end of the game, as when you're infiltrating the final area there is a set of guards where four guys are patrolling the wall, and one archer is in the same area, and one guy always has a spear.

It's a perfect setup to run in, disarm the spear guy, and quickly sweep all five guys.

Exactly what i did :) Worked a charm

In assassins Creed 2 the Sweeper Achievement eluded to find an easy way to deal with it and then I noticed a guard pattern that might make this easier for some people:

-Must buy 2-hand combat training from the villa combat instructor (the guy by the ring) for 10k Florians (i think 10k not sure)

- Take fast travel from any other area besides those in Venice to the San Marco District

-- the patrol should have a soldier with a spear which i found is the weapon to sweep with

-move North around the area of the Campanile di San Marco and look towards the east you'll see 4 Brutes standind together guarding the gate.

Change the highlighted bit to Long weapon training and this is a perfect guide to this cheevo! :p

-Must buy 2-hand combat training from the villa combat instructor (the guy by the ring) for 10k Florians (i think 10k not sure)

Did this yesterday. Worked great. At least it took me a few tries because I only got 3 or 4 guards down.

I have trouble keeping my spear intact. After so many strikes, the brutes cut it in half, making it useless for a sweep. And often, the fifth guard doesn't join in. But I keep trying.

One thing you might want to try. Go to the area mentioned by the OP and find a brute and assassinate him for his spear (I found one poking at a bail of hay), then assassinate the two guards usually following him. Take the spear and run around until you find a group of normal soldiers in that same area. Just keep bumping into them until they go hostile. A bunch of other normal soldiers standing at the perimeter wall will join in. Now you should have A LOT of regular soldiers around you. Just keep doing the sweep until it unlocks. It doesn't seem like they all have to be hit by the same sweep, as long as they are all down at the same time. It popped for me after doing two sweeps in a row where I hit 3 each time and all of them were down at the same time. Super easy and no brutes needed.