things i'd like to see improved in ACIII.

horse handling. feels clunky in every AC game. doesn't feel fluid at all, unlike RDR.

replaying missions. i'm glad they decided to bring back this feature from ACI, but not being able to choose which checkpoint you wish to start at is terrible. same thing with the perfect synchronization prerequisites. it's infuriating getting far in a mission, then fucking up and having to start over because you want that 100% synchronization.

i would like to see more stealthiness within the game, because when you have to tail someone if you stay at a specific distance they never look behind them, i think they should be more aware, and always on the look out for you, i also agree with the horse handling but apart from that from AC1 to brotherhood they have made many improvments and this game was excellent

• 2 weeks later...
Ya to choose which checkpoint to start from should in the replay missions.

Agreed! Was just thinking about this when considering pursuing 100% sync (which damn well should be an achievement). I thought of the Leonardo Bomber mission, and 100% sync is not get hit while flying. That comes after a whole other half of the mission, and is at least half luck, meaning several restarts are likely. The prospect of replaying it from the very beginning sounded annoying, and I'm sure there are several other examples.

And yeah, the horse sucked in this; I usually preferred running. Holding A didn't make it sprint in regular roam.

There wasn't anything worse about climbing here, in fact the lifts were a smart way of making an ascent super-quick.

I didn't really see any problem with the horses in this game. Ok they weren't as good as on RDR, but RDRs only form of transport was horses tbf so they had to be perfect. I never used the horses as I prefered running while in the main city, on the outskirts I used them and they seemed fine to me. As for the climbing I thought it was more or less the same but scaling the Borgia Towers was so annoying. I thought this game was easily as good as ACII even if it did feel a bit like a huge expansion pack.

i dont really agree on the horses. i find the ones in this far better to controll than red dead redemtion.

I agree on some parts :drunk- the horses are better then in red dead HOWEVER - i feel it would be better to have the horses gallop in the town instead of just in chases- it can get quite annoying

horse handling. feels clunky in every AC game. doesn't feel fluid at all, unlike RDR.

replaying missions. i'm glad they decided to bring back this feature from ACI, but not being able to choose which checkpoint you wish to start at is terrible. same thing with the perfect synchronization prerequisites. it's infuriating getting far in a mission, then fucking up and having to start over because you want that 100% synchronization.

I agree with the horse handling thing, maybe it was meant to "feel" that way though because you are "controlling" a horse. I dont know.

But I do like replayable missions like in ACI.

Also (not aimed at canzz), my thoughts, is that eventhough it takes a lot of time (sometimes) to travel for missions, if you love the game, that won't bother you too much. The underground travel tunnels are a nice addition.

I want the multiplayer fixed pronto. Sometimes the game doesn't register controls and the B and X symbols do not appear and no matter how much mashing is done, the enemy can stun/kill you. It's really frustrating.

Along with that, better locking onto targets you can see running plain as day, consequences for running around like an idiot, no Templar Vision, better working smoke bombs, and no jumping 15 feet to kill people. This is, of course, if the MP community feels any better - stupid players haven't ruined a game this badly for me since Left 4 Dead.

Single player is fantastic. I'll agree with checkpoints though, and they should increase battle difficulty if the Brotherhood aspect stays.

Edited by CIF

• 2 weeks later...

The horse handling wasn't as good as it was in AC2 but it I can live with it. The only issue I have is the bomber. Flying it is ok but the targeting for the gun is A MAJOR PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!! Out of all of the Leonardo's missions the bomber is the worst. Hopefully this is the last time we have any flying machines in the AC series.

The one thing some1 said it takes a long time to travel and climb, but the tunnel systems helped with travel but u also gotta think this is the biggest world yet for assassins creed its gonna take time to travel from one end of the map to the other. But honestly that makes me happy because i know there is alot of world too explore and interact with.

So if I patiently wait and sneak through a large complex, killing guards one by one - or better yet, have to avoid all of them - and then get hit just ONCE while using the bomber, I should have to do it all again? Screw you.

Again, the story mode is fine, but there's a laundry list of things that form the hate in my love/hate of multiplayer:

-The controls seem very sloppy compared to single player. Every other time I go to chase someone on Monteriggioni, I start climbing up the nearest wall.

-Kills should trump stun, BUT you should not be able to kill someone who's behind you.

-Take out the damn dodge-kill move, especially since you have to facing the pursuer to do it.

-I'm all for penalizing the idiots who run around and get measly 100 point kills, but if I need to run to get to someone who's across the map because I'm his only pursuer, my silent meter should only go down within a certain distance of them.

- Stop ruining my blend if my group walks through several other NPCs and they knock me slightly off kilter.

- It feels like everyone spends 1/4th of the time in menus. Let the freakin game start if we have 6 people or more (Waiting for Abstergo agents 7/7? WTF), automatically assign them to the other team if one is full, and pick their profile set for them after 10 or 15 seconds.

So if I patiently wait and sneak through a large complex, killing guards one by one - or better yet, have to avoid all of them - and then get hit just ONCE while using the bomber, I should have to do it all again? Screw you.

Yup. It's not exactly too difficult, sure it's a bit of effort if you need to repeat it, but it shouldn't take too many tries...

Took me 2 attempts to do the Bomber to full sync, and 2 attempts to do the Tank to full sync. Those were the only 2 missions which were of any difficulty whatsoever. AC is such a brilliant series, but it's main downfall is the fact it is far too easy.

Only other thing I'd want changed is for the MP to work properly, so many times I poison someone, I get killed and then don't get the points for the poison kill.

I only have a few griefs with the game, and they're pretty minor in that they don't break the game, but it would still be nice if they were fixed. One, I agree the horse controls are pretty "meh" for the most part. RDR did it perfectly, IMO. Also, like someone else said, they need to work on the stealth aspect. I know that sounds silly in a game about assassins, but damn, sometimes it's ridiculous how easily you get spotted, and how frustrating (if only because it's tedious and boring) tailing someone is when you have nothing to blend with. It would be nice--if in addition to blending--you could actually sneak, you know, like Sam Fisher or something. Finally, I would really like to see a free aim implemented since they are adding more and more ranged weapons. The auto-lock is functional for the most part, but it would be really nice to be able to go for a headshot or be able to shoot over or under things instead of being forced to go for center mass.

• 2 weeks later...

Blending with a crowd really needs to be fixed. If you blend with a group of people you shouldnt leave it unless either you leave the group or the group disbands. Getting knocked out of groups all the time is annoying.

They also need to fix thief races. Of course when I say fix, I mean remove them altogether :)

Edited by SpinelesS