My 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' Theories

*SPOILERS ALERT* This thread contains a massive amount of spoilers, not just on the ending, but other topics too. If you don't want any of these things to be ruined for you, I immediately advise you stop reading and exit the thread. You've been warned! *SPOILERS ALERT*

---

This thread will involve the discussion of many different things, all involving tons of questions. "Who is William M.?" or "Why was Lucy stabbed?" or "Who is this Erudito?" and "What side is Lucy even on?" to name a few. But there are more, and here is my effort at combining the best theories, yours and mine, together to answer them.

Each question will get several different theories. The first one will be highlighted in green because I find it the most likely. The second will be highlighted in blue, for I think it is possible, but not the best. Anymore will be highlighted in red, for I think that they are the least probable, but still worthy of being wrote out.

---

"Who is William M.?"

Theory #1: William M. is Desmond's father, or in other words, William Miles. Based on the two ancestors we've seen, Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, William M. is probably the leader of the Modern Assassins.

Theory #2: William M. is Desmond's dad, but he isn't the leader of all of the modern assassins, rather just the leader of the Brotherhood in Rome. This is less likely, for he seems to know too much about the Assassins to be just the master of the Brotherhood.

Theory #3: William M. is Desmond's dad, but an Abstergo or Templar agent. This would be a very interesting twist in the story, and could lead to an even larger picture we never saw coming. However, there is only one 'if' that could suggest this theory. The 'if' being that you hear William M.'s voice in the credits. But who does the other voice belong to? A man named Erudito, who according to the Assassin's Creed Wikia, is part of Abstergo. So this is all guess work, but if that really is Willam M.'s and Erudito's voices, that indicates that William M. could be bad.

---

"Who is Erudito?"

Theory #1: On the Assassin's Creed Wikia, it explains that he works for Abstergo, and knows all of their darkest secrets. He is experienced in hacking into software, by the sounds of it, including e-mails and such. This explains why he was able to contact Lucy, Desmond, Rebecca, and Shaun so easily, along with getting their passwords. A theory I saw on a different thread suggests his name is Auditore. Re-arrange the letters in Erudito, add the 'A' of Abstergo, and you get Auditore.

Theory #2: Erudito can be changed into 'Auditore' by re-arranging the letters and adding the 'A' of Animus to the front of it. He works for Abstergo according to the Assassin's Creed Wikia, and knows all about their darkest secrets, is expert at the software, hacking, and etc. Based on what it spells when you put the letters together differently, he may be related to Desmond in some form, possibly Subject 16? After all, Subject 16's name has not been revealed to us (unless it was in the comics, which I've never read) so it opens a possibility. And it says that Erudito is experienced in the Animus and Abstergo software. Subject 16 is part of the software, and hacked into it. Something seems to be adding up here, but we appear to be missing a piece of the puzzle...

Theory #3: This theory is in blue too because I think it sounds just as plausible as Theory #2 is. Anyways, the letters in Erudito can be re-arranged into Auditore if you add the 'A' from Altaïr to the front of it. This also leads to me believing that he is related to Desmond Miles. Since it says, in the Assassin's Creed Wikia, that he is very good with the Animus software, and trains the Templar recruits, I assume that he is... Well, let us go back to the original Assassin's Creed. After you give Vidic the answers, you are taken out of the Animus to the sound of arguing. A voice can be heard from the other side of some glass, in another room.

You can also see the figure, and a few others, standing there but hard to make out. Now that I think of it, that voice of the man standing there, and the voice in the credits that says, "Who is the expert here?" sound almost exactly alike! This may mean that this Erudito is really higher up than Vidic, the head-honcho, but has been in the game ever since the beginning. But more on the voices later, let me wrap this one up here. To re-cap, Erudito can spell Auditore be mixing the letters up and placing either the 'A' from Abstergo, the 'A' from Animus, the 'A' from Auditore, or the 'A' from Altaïr in front. Hell, even the 'A' from Assassin. What do six A's mean? This I don't even have a clue on. He's is a high ranking member of Abstergo, and knows everything about it down to the smallest morcel of software.

Okay, now we have a clue as to who he is, what faction he resides on, and what his name can be changed into. Then we see Vidic and a figure who is 'possibly' him have an argument, but luckily Lucy finishes by letting him know Desmond's importance. The figure on the other side of the window, who I believe is Erudito, agrees from what I remember. The first Assassin's Creed was such a long time ago! Back on track, the voice from the 'figure in the window' compared to one of the voices in the credits sound identical. This leads to my conclusion that the voices at the end are Abstergo.

---

"What side is Those Who Came Before on?"

Theory #1: They aren't on the Assassins, but they aren't on the Templars. So what side? Their own. They simply want to control humanity, rule once more. They hate humanity, clearly shown by both Minerva and Juno. They are using the Assassins because they are the only hope on Earth that wants to keep the world from being scorched by the sun, unlike the Templars who are too busy trying to find the Pieces of Eden to control it.

Theory #2: Those Who Came Before are on the Templar side. To try and back-up this theory, here are some reasons as to why. First of all, in the first Assassin's Creed, Vidic explains that, "It is called an Animus. A gift, Mr. Miles, from those who came before ." Another thing is that T.W.C.B. and the Templars/Abstergo have the same goal in mind which is control over humanity. The last little thing is that if Lucy is an Assassin (she might not be, more on that controversy later) then why did Those Who Came Before program the Apple to kill her? Because they want to eliminate the assassins from saving the world so that it can be scorched, therefore eliminating all traces of life so that they may start anew.

Theory #3: Those Who Came Before are actually working with the Assassins. The thing is, there isn't much that points to this. The only thing I can think of, is that the reason behind these "gods" making Desmond stab Lucy is because they simply wanted Desmond and Eve to have sex so that there would be a purer line of descendants, or a purer human race that they could rule over. Still, the end game or plan doesn't change, and would result in the Assassins dieing out. Which is why this has been marked as the least possible theory. One last thing that could prove they are on the Assassin side is that the only reason Desmond had to stab Lucy was because the only way the Temples could be opened, was if Eve's blood was spilt, indicating that Lucy was a descendant of Eve.

---

Edited by XToastySniperX

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What side is Lucy on?"

Theory #1: Lucy is an Assassin. She helped break Desmond out of Abstergo Industries, kept him alive, and did other things to aid him, coming his closest companion. Some of us keep saying that, "She is a double agent because in the first Assassin's Creed she only has 9 fingers. But then she must have got captured or replaced with a look-a-like because afterward she has all 10!" No, she simply bends her finger back to inadvertantly show she is a good guy. She wouldn't need a missing finger anyways, because a new hidden blade style had been developed where it goes on top of your wrist, and it is raised an inch or two so the wearer mustn't sacrifice their finger.

And what if she was bad? What would be the point in keeping Desmond alive, helping him escape, killing all of those Abstergo gaurds, and aiding in the search for the Apple of Eden when she could have got his memories, recorded where the Apple was, and been done with it? That would have been far too much work for the Templars, and clearly from being kidnapped in Assassin's Creed and listening to the conversations, the Templars do not like waiting and wasting time. Of course, there are points that contradict all of this, which I will go into detail on next.

Theory #2: Lucy is with the Templars. In the first game she was unable to answer pretty much any secretive question asked by Desmond. Pretty strange for somebody who was supposed to be gaining that information by going undercover, huh? During the time she was gone with Vidic, she could have discussed with him (and Erudito?) how the plan would work. She would befriend Desmond and gain his trust by helping him 'escape', the gaurds being a small sacrifice for the bigger plan. First, she'd have to be trained in one of the Animi, explaining why she atleast has basic free running skills and would look like an assassin to Desmond. Then she would do whatever in her power to make entry to the Order through assassin Rebecca Crane and 'unconventional' assassin Shaun Hastings.

Lucy knows of a hideout, quite frankly because it was an abandoned Templar building. How do I know? Several things in the building are branded with Abstergo logos, suggesting as to how Vidic 'found' them. Notice how the guards didn't wield guns in modern days? Maybe this is because it would have ruined the game. Or, the true purpose may have been to ensure Lucy's second escape goes according to plan, and realistically. They could have killed Vidic then and there, but no, they didn't. There was a hidden agenda, his death being no part of it, so he leaves in a truck. They head north to the Sanctuary, in Monteriggioni.

Throughout the rest of the story she does the same thing. Which includes pretending to help them find the Apple of Eden, when she is really using them to find it for herself. They find its location, but Desmond is forced to stab her. Nonetheless, she'd been able to keep in contact with somebody from Abstergo, possibly Warren Vidic or this mysterious Erudito. Erudito may be one of the voices we here near the beginning of the credits, but that is guess work, and a different story altogether.

---

"Who do the voices in the credits belong to?"

Theory #1: The two voices we hear may belong to Erudito and William M. But who is who? I think that the more commanding voice that says something like, "Put him back in the Animus NOW!" is Erudito. According to the Assassin's Creed Wikia, Erudito is like the head of Abstergo. He knows everything about the technology, company, software, etc. This explains why he would be demanding that Desmond be put back in the Animus, because he 'knows'.

The other voice shows some obvious disgust of the machine, indicating that it belongs to an Assassin. This must belong to William M. who is believed to be Desmond's father. "Isn't it the Animus that did this to him?" is a question the voice asks, angering the supposed voice of Erudito. However, before moving on to the next theory, let me make something very clear. Neither of the voices belong to Warren Vidic, because they just simply don't sound like him. Also, neither of them sound like Shaun, because the voices aren't a blatant english accent.

Theory #2: The major voice we hear, "Who's the expert here?" may belong to William M. After all, he would be considered some sort of expert if he was the master of the Order. As for the other voice, it could simply be another assassin. Or, it could be Erudito, although that wouldn't make sense because Erudito is evidently Templar. I suppose it is possible that William M. is not Assassin, but actually Templar, considering the fact Altaïr and the Templar Maria had a child.

Theory #3: The voices belong to William and Erudito still, but this is actually the future. Or in other words, these two people are overlooking Desmond's son. His son must have gone into shock from the sudden events, so they had to put him back inside in order to save him. This could actually open up a new possibility where William M., the leader of the Assassins, and Erudito the leader of Abstergo and Templars, team up to watch over Desmond's son to find out whatever it is they need to figure out. But since this theory isn't supported by much, and just guess work, it is very unlikely.

---

Edited by XToastySniperX

Just on the thought of this Erudito , do you think that could be his voice in the start of the multiplayer training session, I always thought it was vidic but I haven't heard his voice in ages so i'm not sure?

Tis just when you said about him training the recruits made me think :p

Thats 100% Vidic's voice in MP. In fact, you see Vidic during the opening MP cinematic.

This thread was a good read as some of this stuff just flew over my head. I need to go back and replay 1 and 2 as I've only played through each once and refresh myself on some of this stuff.

Why did you make a thread about this, if you already had a thread about the same topic? That does not compute at all :confused:

EDIT: Good lord.... Now there are 3 threads about the same topic. Someone should send Longcat to save us from this madness!

Sorry, I thought having two threads would be useless when I could combine them into one. I know now there are three, which makes matters worse, but I'll try to get somebody to delete them.

Again, my apologies.

Whats ur theory about Minerva wanting to kill lucy? Since she controls Desmond with the Apple. Maby she wanted Desmond to focus on his objective and not being busy loving Lucy?

And what the hell is subject 16 talking about if you have all 10 truth puzzles solved?

Who is "she"? Lots of ppl think its lucy, but I think its Minerva since she wanted Lucy dead

If you have a son: who's is it?

Thats 100% Vidic's voice in MP. In fact, you see Vidic during the opening MP cinematic.

Ah ok, wasn't really paying attention at the start of multiplayer as I was expecting it to be pretty rubbish but found that I really liked it, dunno if I'm committed enough to get to 50 any time soon though :/

Think ima go replay them all again aswell, well complete 1 and replay 2 :p

Whats ur theory about Minerva wanting to kill lucy? Since she controls Desmond with the Apple. Maby she wanted Desmond to focus on his objective and not being busy loving Lucy?

And what the hell is subject 16 talking about if you have all 10 truth puzzles solved?

Who is "she"? Lots of ppl think its lucy, but I think its Minerva since she wanted Lucy dead

If you have a son: who's is it?

Today I plan on transferring my "Why did Desmond stab Lucy?" (I use "stab" instead of "kill" because her death is not confirmed) from my other thread to this one.

I too think it is Minerva, but it could be either one, or somebody else entirely. Maybe he was talking about Eve? Rebecca? Who knows. And if he is talking about Lucy, the whole "she isn't who you think she is" doesn't necessarily make her a bad guy... or girl.

For now it would be save to assume the best course of action is to replay the game, look for clues like the footprints in Monteriggioni, or the e-mails, and wait until the next game.

Sorry, I thought having two threads would be useless when I could combine them into one. I know now there are three, which makes matters worse, but I'll try to get somebody to delete them.

Again, my apologies.

Any of you guys know where I can find somebody to lock/delete my other two threads?

Nice thread and good read.

Learn to use the Edit button though and for deleting, at the bottom of the forum there is a list of the mods. CLick one of them and ask to get them deleted. Add links to make it easy and I'd also ask Method/Tyger/Roxy as they're the main mods normally online!

"What side is Those Who Came Before on?"

Theory #1: They aren't on the Assassins, but they aren't on the Templars. So what side? Their own. They simply want to control humanity, rule once more. They hate humanity, clearly shown by both Minerva and Juno. They are using the Assassins because they are the only hope on Earth that wants to keep the world from being scorched by the sun, unlike the Templars who are too busy trying to find the Pieces of Eden to control it.

Their side is their own, but were did you get that gibberish about controlling humanity again? All I've seen is creators desperation and dissapointment in their creations. I didn't see any hate, especially in Minerva, not even a hint.They are just ghosts of an old era, keepers of knowledge and leftover artifacts.

The main point Juno was making is that humanity lacks 6th sense, that keeps people from seeing bigger picture, some humongous threat. And somehow, I'm starting to think it's not just the sun. Something along the words :"You wont be prepared when they(others) come". She was talking, that people don't even understand what they're holding(about apple and other pieces of Eden), but yet using it to wage wars. That sounded like dissapointment in Templars, which they could've cooperated with before.Animus should be from that period. And that gods no longer sided with templars is proved by Abstergo's extensive searches for pieces of eden. If all is well, why gods just don't give artifacts to templars?Because they failed test, used them for wrong purpose, didn't try to research the threat. The main focus of templars is controlling the population first.

Shame I can't replay real world parts, it was late at night and i don't remember it clearly.Probably should find a video.

Anyway, I didn't see here any insights on Subject 16. And i think it just contained the key to the ending - Lucy stabbed. "The miracle is in execution". Think about it. Think about words of Subject 16:"I'm so much more know". He was talking with Desmond,he was alive in some way, it wasn't some dead guy's message.Girl's voice when decyphering also shows some process of self-realizing. Maybe it was just some AI, but maybe animus world is something much more, than just a "virtual reality with your brain as a flash drive" , and actual life is possible there. Maybe it got something to do with "6th sense".(Juno: "You see the blue glimmer, but you don't see the knowledge"). I think purpose of executing Lucy was to make a companion to Desmond on another animus trip to unlock this 6th sense, this time provided by Juno.

There is still possibility that Lucy is double agent.Or maybe her templar ancestors is the case

Or maybe Desmond was in another templar Animus 2.0, that emulated whole "escape from Abstergo" experience to achieve better sync :)

I really like you're theories. I even registered to join the discussion. Never thought of it that William M. could be Desmonds dad.

However, I do think the voices you hear in the credits are voices of Assassin's. I have to admit that this is only based on the last achievement: A Knife to the Hart. This one has as explanation: Secure the apple of Eden, and lets be honest, if those voices are from people from Abstergo or from Templars, it wouldn't really be secured right? And you get it after the credits end.

That theory only works ofcourse if the achievements actually mean something.

On an other subject. Any idea what subject 16 means with:

"No time, its far later then you know. Too late to save them".....

"Everything you hope te become, everything you hold dear.... it's already gone"

Everybody seems to be focussing on the "she's not who you think she is" part, this however seems rather essential to me too. Could indeed mean that you are reliving desmonds memories through an animus, how unlikey that even sounds.

Just some of my thoughts.

Edited by MightyM

Your theories are awesome i have some but they are mostly jokes.

I think that there is going to be an assassin that betrays all the assassins’ and that will be ezio son. I think since he was a baby ezio son wanted to be a lawyer but was raised to be a killing machine so one day in his teens he tried to assassinated the head elder of the creed but failed. He then went to the templar’s and assassinated the head templar and became their leader. Filled with revenge and hatred towards the assassin’s he wanted to destroy them all, thats when he learned of the apple and the power is had. He with his mad assassin skills stole the apple. He then used it to become ruler of Europe, the assassins’ tried to stop him but he had Europe under his control. He later took Leonardo and forced him to create him a mech. He then began his quest to rule the world. The assassin’s had crumbled to only a few left. Ezio had another son that he hid from everyone, His mother was a random prostitute, and his name was Ezio #2. Ezio #2 was clone of Ezio #1. Ezio with his amazing assassin skills was able to sneak the egg of his wife into the random prostitute and clone his son. Now Ezio #2 sneaks into The HQ of Ezio #2 and since they are clones is able to pass every security guard and walls. He then goes inside the mechanical robot and kills Ezio #1. Then he starts feeling like a god and decides to carry on with Ezio #1 plan. He takes over the world and turns it into chaos. The story ends with Ezio coming back from the dead and assassinating his son.

Theory #2

Everything is getting zombies now, this is my zombie version.

The final boss from assassin creed one comes back and tries to take the apple back, He succeeds and then brings back all the templar’s from the first game and attack the assassins. He kills everyone except Ezio. Ezio then realizes he is the Last assassin, He then decides to open a school of assassin. As the zombies take over the earth, Ezio is making a new school of assassins. He along with his pupils attacks the zombies but fail again. Only Ezio survives. Ezio gives up hope then goes to South America and gets help from the Mayans, The Mayans tell Ezio that he must use the power of the sun and burn all the zombies. Ezio goes inside the temple of the Mayans and being the journey into the Sun. He battles monster and demons. At the End is the an Alien who tell Ezio the apple was an alien artifact that fell on earth by mistake and was stolen by human, who then used it to get power and wisdom that corrupted every human being in the world. The alien agrees to help Ezio by giving him the power of Fire. Ezio return to Europe and with his new power turns into a phoenix that burns Europe to the ground killing everything. He then takes the apple and gives it back to the alien. The alien tell Ezio his future and tell him that he will die because he was given a power a human can’t control. The alien turns time forward and shows him the future.

Theory #3

Desmond Miles, one day wakes up and he is reliving the memories of Ezio son. He sees the assassin’s losing but can’t see anymore, Later he finds out that Ezio had meet Saint Marry and got her pregnant. Desmond then finds out that he is Saint marry son, He is half assassin and half god. Desmond and the gang after discovering that he is a divine being tell Desmond to run away and hide. Robert de Sable then reveals to be the Anti-Christ and was trying to kill Desmond all along. Desmond uses his half god powers to freeze time; the only one not frozen is Robert. Robert begins to tell Desmond of his past and how he worked so hard to kill him. Desmond and Robert have an epic fight of gods. Desmond losing decides to go back in time and seek the assassin’s help. Robert grabs Rebecca and follows Desmond. Desmond goes to Ezio and asks for the apple. Ezio tries to assassinate Desmond but can’t as he is a god. Robert finds Desmond and kills Rebecca right in front of him. Desmond and Robert fight again, Robert wins and declares himself the ruler of the world. Years in Chaos the angles discover the Desmond had gotten Rebecca Pregnant and that there is a new hope in defeating Robert the Anti- Christ.

yeah i dont even know.

Edited by guillermo316

Nice thread and good read.

Learn to use the Edit button though and for deleting, at the bottom of the forum there is a list of the mods. CLick one of them and ask to get them deleted. Add links to make it easy and I'd also ask Method/Tyger/Roxy as they're the main mods normally online!

Yeah, very sorry about that kind sir. I'm notoriously bad with the edit button, the gaurds always after me. :p Oh, and I'll also be sure to transfer the remaining theories from my other threads to this one before using the instructions you gave me to delete them. Thank you! :D

Their side is their own, but were did you get that gibberish about controlling humanity again? All I've seen is creators desperation and dissapointment in their creations. I didn't see any hate, especially in Minerva, not even a hint.They are just ghosts of an old era, keepers of knowledge and leftover artifacts.

Well, if you recall, Those Who Came Before controlled humanity. A good example of this is The Truth video from Assassin's Creed II where you can see one of the "gods" in a factory, overlooking some humans manufacturing more Pieces of Eden.

So, me thinks that the only reason Those Who Came Before want to save the world is so that all of the Temples have been opened, somehow allowing their stored-selves inside the Pieces of Eden to come back to our side, and rule over us once again. After all, why would they help their creations if they were disappointed in them, and there was nothing in it for themselves to gain from?

Anyway, I didn't see here any insights on Subject 16. And i think it just contained the key to the ending - Lucy stabbed. "The miracle is in execution". Think about it. Think about words of Subject 16:"I'm so much more know". He was talking with Desmond,he was alive in some way, it wasn't some dead guy's message.Girl's voice when decyphering also shows some process of self-realizing. Maybe it was just some AI, but maybe animus world is something much more, than just a "virtual reality with your brain as a flash drive" , and actual life is possible there. Maybe it got something to do with "6th sense".(Juno: "You see the blue glimmer, but you don't see the knowledge"). I think purpose of executing Lucy was to make a companion to Desmond on another animus trip to unlock this 6th sense, this time provided by Juno.

There is still possibility that Lucy is double agent.Or maybe her templar ancestors is the case

Or maybe Desmond was in another templar Animus 2.0, that emulated whole "escape from Abstergo" experience to achieve better sync :)

Yes, the insights about Subject 16 won't be coming until I've done more research, studying the clues, and completing all of the glyphs. I want to be able to give out the best theories possible, after all, and whether they still be right or wrong in the end doesn't truly matter. It's the thought that counts. :)

"I'm so much more now." He probably is speaking about the knowledge he has gained since implementing his mind into the Animus. Correct, he is alive, one thing confirming this being the 'I AM ALIVE' achievement, but not in the flesh and blood. His mind is merely alive inside the Animus.

I don't think actual life is possible within the Animus beyond embedding your own mind into it. The only intended purpose it has is to view past memories, genetic memories, as explained by Warren Vidic in the first Assassin's Creed. Subject 16 used it unconventionally by hacking into the software and putting himself inside it... kind of.

But, since I'm trying to see your side of the story as well, I could be wrong. After all, maybe there is a 'reality' type existance inside of it, only accessed by using the 6th Sense, possibly something that Subject 16 had. Which, in turn, would explain how his mind is able to survive inside of the Animus.

As far as we know, Lucy is neither live or dead. In other words, it isn't confirmed, so we can only theorise. I agree, the possibility that she is a Templar or some form of double-agent is too big to pass up. Other wise, there would be little point to the ending of Brotherhood. Obviously there must be some sort of reasoning or clue behind the stabbing of her that we need the '6th Sense' (:p) to see.

I'm fairly sure the 6th Sense is Eagle Vision. Only the gods, Adam, Eve, and direct descendants of those (Altair, Ezio, and Desmond for example) can use this sense, where as the rest of humanity cannot. Yet, as I've said a million times before, we won't truly be able to dignify right and wrong until we get some conclusion in Assassin's Creed III, which has a planned release of the 2011 fiscial year.

What is fiscial (or fiscal?) year anyhow, mind you?

---

Guillermo316,

Some very... interesting theories you got there. Just keep in mind they have to be releastic, and that Ezio and Altair don't exist, so there would be no way they could come back. Unless, you mean a 'what if' scenario before Desmond's time. ;)

Edited by XToastySniperX

i really like your Theories!

I´m not really sure about Lucy. She really can be a Templer... Abstergo is the biggest companie in the world. The escape from Lucy and Desmond was way to easy. And i think abstergo could find and kill them easily but they won´t because they need something from desmond.. more than the apple. He is the Key to something bigger maybe a bigger power and they know he can lead them to this power. Lucy is there to help him raise his synchro with Ezio and to encourage him. A few dead abstergo templers is a lose abstergo is willing to take.

On the other side Lucy can also be a Assassin. Like already said he stabbed her ... we don´t know yet if she is really dead. Maybe she had to be nearly dead to get or lose something and to become an important partner for desmond. Why should Juno kill Lucy with desmond. Juno seams to be on side with the Assassins she wanted desmond to find the apple and she would kill an important person of Desmond this would only demoralize Desmond.

The voice at the end.... well i think this point depends on Lucy´s status.

If she really is a templer the voices could be following templers who were called by Lucy because the found the apple. Of course "securing the apple" achievement would be kinda.... failed that way. If Lucy is an Assassin they could be following Assassins... also called.

But i don´t know why you don´t hear shaun or Rebecca.... if the voices are Assassins then there should be their voices too because they know what happend (or at least knows the best) and could help.

The only reason you don´t hear them can be... because they are dead.. killed by templers.

Subject 16´s words are the most confusing in my view. The Animus is more then a machine that´s for sure. Maybe from the beginning maybe after subject 16 did something with the Animus. It´s living and maybe thats why the bleeding effect is getting stronger by Desmond because something is living in desmond too after using the Animus.

Who is "she"? It must be a person you should already know.... Lucy is the obvious one in combination with the ending it could mean that 16 knows about Lucy beeing a Templer. OR he meant Minerva and that her goals are maybe not the right ones. The rest he said is also important. Just think about his riddles every single word was a clue he chose on purpose. So maybe we are missing something important because we missed an important phrase or word. What can it mean that it is "too late to save them"? too late to save who? who can be that important to save that 16 would menation them in his few minutes he can talk?

I don´t think that we are replaying the memorie of desmond (even though if would be quite interresting) unfortunatly i have no other idea....

One theory I've been bouncing around in my head is that Desmond is in the Animus re-living his own memories as well as his ancestors. Throughout the series there are little Animus glitches in the Desmond parts of the game as well as the 'press any button' prompts that lead me to think this is the case more and more. When he goes down next to Lucy after stabbing her, he when down like he was desynched from the Animus. As well the two voices at the end said the Animus did this to his. SO when he was forced to kill Lucy it desynched him from the Animus and put him in shock. "The miricle is in the execution" perhaps means that by forcing Desmond to kill Lucy, Minerva was effectively snapping him out of the animus. Bringing him back to reality. Maybe he was trapped in the animus.

As for Lucy. I really don't know what to think. There are definitely hints that she is keeping stuff from Desmond and that Desmond is being used by both sides in this.

---

Guillermo316,

Some very... interesting theories you got there. Just keep in mind they have to be releastic, and that Ezio and Altair don't exist, so there would be no way they could come back. Unless, you mean a 'what if' scenario before Desmond's time. ;)

Yeah its a "what if". I read what i wrote, i was like what? i must had been out of it. lol

One theory I've been bouncing around in my head is that Desmond is in the Animus re-living his own memories as well as his ancestors. Throughout the series there are little Animus glitches in the Desmond parts of the game as well as the 'press any button' prompts that lead me to think this is the case more and more. When he goes down next to Lucy after stabbing her, he when down like he was desynched from the Animus. As well the two voices at the end said the Animus did this to his. SO when he was forced to kill Lucy it desynched him from the Animus and put him in shock. "The miricle is in the execution" perhaps means that by forcing Desmond to kill Lucy, Minerva was effectively snapping him out of the animus. Bringing him back to reality. Maybe he was trapped in the animus.
I was actually thinking this myself. I mean, if we were just playing as Desmond through his son's memories, as a few people are saying, then it would remove the suspense of stopping the templars before December 21. Unfortunately, anybody can be right at this point, so all we can do is wait

Hmm... This is an interesting point of view.

What really just came to mind is the fact that... even when you pause the game during the 'Modern Day' segments (in other words, when playing as Desmond) it looks like an Animus screen.

Not sure if this is a design flaw, a simple "oops" by whoever made the pause menus, or intentional.

I really like you're theories. I even registered to join the discussion. Never thought of it that William M. could be Desmonds dad.

However, I do think the voices you hear in the credits are voices of Assassin's. I have to admit that this is only based on the last achievement: A Knife to the Hart. This one has as explanation: Secure the apple of Eden, and lets be honest, if those voices are from people from Abstergo or from Templars, it wouldn't really be secured right? And you get it after the credits end.

That theory only works ofcourse if the achievements actually mean something.

On an other subject. Any idea what subject 16 means with:

"No time, its far later then you know. Too late to save them".....

"Everything you hope te become, everything you hold dear.... it's already gone"

Everybody seems to be focussing on the "she's not who you think she is" part, this however seems rather essential to me too. Could indeed mean that you are reliving desmonds memories through an animus, how unlikey that even sounds.

Just some of my thoughts.

Sorry mate, I skipped over your post earlier by accident. Nonetheless, welcome aboard!

The voices in the credits could truly be just about anybody's. The only people you can rule out are Warren Vidic, Rebecca Crane, Lucy Stillman, Shaun Hastings, Ezio Auditore, and Altair.

True, if the achievement is called "A Knife to the Heart" then it probably would make more sense if in the end it was the Assassin's. But this could go either way too. It could mean a knife to the heart of the Templar's plan. It could mean a knife to the heart of the Assassin's plan, and it could even mean the whole "stabbing Lucy" thing.

As for the description, "Securing the Apple of Eden", this could go several ways too. Who secured the Apple? Templars could have, or the Assassin's. We aren't 100% sure, so we'll have to wait for the next game and hope they start off Assassin's Creed III from the end of Brotherhood.

Hmm... Subject 16 talked in riddles. I'm not good with riddles, but from my understanding, I theorise it means that no matter what he does now, there is no turning back and changing the inevitable (spelled right? :p), and the rest must indicate some sort of disaster. Maybe they won't be able to save the Earth?

Maybe the Assassin's plan falls apart because Lucy really was bad? Or stabbing Lucy could have been a big mistake, even though Desmond was forced to do it. All I can say is he is foreshadowing the future, and whatever lies ahead is definitely not good.

Maybe Desmond had been trapped in the Animus for all this time without him knowing? And Rebecca, Shaun, and Lucy are helping him solve Subject 16's puzzles so he can escape? But again, maybe Desmond doesn't knwo this, so Subject 16 who is also trapped is attempting to explain to him that he's only reviewing memories, and all of that is behind him now in the past, or in other words "it's already gone".

Edited by XToastySniperX