Shitty, terrible controls, still

You'd think after 3 iterations of this game they would get their fucking shit together and fix the terrible controls. I'm really tired of trying to do "puzzles" and hitting straight in one direction while jumping and having Ezio jump completely off-center. If you're going to require people to make perfect jumps for 100% on "puzzles" that take 10 minutes or longer, fix the piece of shit controls and learn how to program, Ubisoft.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The puzzles in Creed were designed so you had to know completely what to do, down to the tiniest detail, in order to get below the 8 minute mark that some require, it's not something you could just blindly hold RT + A in one direction and hope to get through, which is probably what you were doing.

The puzzles in Creed were designed so you had to know completely what to do, down to the tiniest detail, in order to get below the 8 minute mark that some require.

I would have to disagree with this remark, as i found that i could do nearly all the puzzles which required a time limit on the first try, and the two i messed up was partly due to bad courses having to be taken (the race across the roofs which has two leaps of faith on ledges that could be used a short cuts) and having two or three spots where the camera just doesn't help because its spinning or snaped to a new focuse resulting in the direction your pointing being different than the way you wanted to go (especialy true for the aquaduct mission).

But i would have to agree the controles are fine, maybe you could do with actualy practicing using them.

I get a bit aggravated when I'm chasing someone and start to run up a wall...maybe a different button for free running and climbing...

This is the only issue I had with Brotherhood, and it happened very rarely (you're not chasing people all that often). I had a lot more of those "dammit Ezio, I wanted you to go that way" moments in AC2, so either I've gotten a little better aiming Ezio or they've made improvements.

There's nothing wrong with the controls, they work great. Simple and efficient. Don't blame the game, blame the gamer.

no u lollooloolollololololololoololloolloolloolooollololoololololololoollololooolololollllololololololololololololololoollooololoollolololololololololololololololoolloloolloloollololololo cry moar and gtfo go back to call of campers modern gay fuck stupid:2 hackfare edition

Cry more? The controls are very responsive and easy to use, you just must suck lol. Not to mention that as far as I know, you're the only one who has trouble with the controls.

I don't have trouble with the controls, what I do have trouble with is a game that will not consistently do the same thing sometimes in certain situations while pressing the same controls. I have had many times where I would be hanging on a ledge and supposed to press the stick to the side, RT + A, to jump to the side to grab something. I tested this out many times. There was no "look partially sideways or fully sideways" and I was pressing exactly the same directly with the camera oriented identically each time, and 50% of the time the game would jump way out past the overhang I was trying to jump to forcing me to redo the whole thing, instead of hitting the overhang right next to me.

Nor am I the only person who has these sorts of issues or complained about it. All of my close friends who have played the AC series have the same complaints, I hear the same thing when I talk to people in forums or on XBL, and I see others complaining about it in reviews and forums.

Edited by TrevorDaddy

If I was a novice gamer, the "problem is the gamer" argument might hold a drop of water, but as it is, it doesn't, and those who say something come across as either fanboys, trolls, or jackasses.

The controls simply aren't as crisp as they should be, and this is fact.

Then there's the issues of placing "cancel" button on B after drawing a ranged weapon. Could have used something better for that (LB). Hitting B while holding X to cancel is pretty terrible design.

Another problem is having call horse/guild command/hire on Y. Have had more than a fair share of situations where I was near a guild group, wanted to call horse, and instead if hired a group I couldn't see that was behind my as far as 10 meters away. Happened several times doing a timed courtesan mission that started at the courtesan guild house. Also problematic trying to call horse while having groups hired.

This whole "cry more" retardation is simply childish. You can disagree all you want, but telling someone to cry more when they have a valid complaint just makes you look like an immature brat who doesn't get enough attention at home.

If I was a novice gamer, the "problem is the gamer" argument might hold a drop of water, but as it is, it doesn't, and those who say something come across as either fanboys, trolls, or jackasses.

Then there's the issues of placing "cancel" button on B after drawing a ranged weapon. Could have used something better for that (LB). Hitting B while holding X to cancel is pretty terrible design.

Another problem is having call horse/guild command/hire on Y. Have had more than a fair share of situations where I was near a guild group, wanted to call horse, and instead if hired a group I couldn't see that was behind my as far as 10 meters away. Happened several times doing a timed courtesan mission that started at the courtesan guild house. Also problematic trying to call horse while having groups hired.

This whole "cry more" retardation is simply childish. You can disagree all you want, but telling someone to cry more when they have a valid complaint just makes you look like an immature brat who doesn't get enough attention at home.

If cry moar wont work than will CRY MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

I get a bit aggravated when I'm chasing someone and start to run up a wall...maybe a different button for free running and climbing...

Not much problem in the story. My very simple solution: quit every time the game selects Monteriggioni. The new map will be even worse, but again, I'm quitting.

The controls are mostly fine. Try playing Tomb Raider after this.

I use the weapon wheel to cancel an action like drawing or shooting a weapon ? which just so happens to be the right bumper.

And also if you on a horse you shouldnt necersarily need to use mercenaries as the horse is mainly just transport, so theres no reason to even press Y.

Stop blaming the game and just play it and get better, ive never had ANY of the issues youve mentioned above, apart from odd mis-jump but the most part thats been my fault for not looking at what i was actually doing or having the camera not centralised on my next jump/climb/run.

SIMPLES!!!

I'm going to go ahead and assume that based on the amount of swearing and your argument, you are a 11-15 year old kid who just had a bad 10-20 minutes in the game and decided to vent on the forums. Raging about it does nothing and he controls are fine.
You can assume what you want, but it doesn't make it correct or a very good assumption. If somehow your assumption was supposed to insult me because you believe that swearing equates to "immature" or "young," you failed miserably.

I use the weapon wheel to cancel an action like drawing or shooting a weapon ? which just so happens to be the right bumper.

And also if you on a horse you shouldnt necersarily need to use mercenaries as the horse is mainly just transport, so theres no reason to even press Y.

Stop blaming the game and just play it and get better, ive never had ANY of the issues youve mentioned above, apart from odd mis-jump but the most part thats been my fault for not looking at what i was actually doing or having the camera not centralised on my next jump/climb/run.

SIMPLES!!!

You obviously failed reading comprehension. I was talking about trying to call in a horse while I had a guild group active, or, trying to call the horse when apparently there was a guild group 10 meters away behind me.

I've never had any problems with the controls. sometimes enzio jumps the wrong way or does something i didnt want him to do but that either because i wasn't specific enough with my controls or was asking enzio to move in a direction that wasn't possible from my current position.

overall, this is the only game i know of that allows players to run, jump, climb, fight and assassinate so fluently. there is really no game that trumps it so its hard to complain.

You obviously failed reading comprehension. I was talking about trying to call in a horse while I had a guild group active, or, trying to call the horse when apparently there was a guild group 10 meters away behind me.

Not really, i just got what you said crossed over in what i wrote, i was ment to say why would you need to call a horse whilst youve got a guild group in tow, surely use the guild group and then once your done call the horse.

but either way your a douche! have a nice day :)

the controls are fine, u just have to turn the camera to the right position if u prefer holding RT + A in 1 direction, but dont forget to slow down unless u'll jump off screen (just noticed that when i spent 20 mins on the last sequence (Desmond and the Apple of eden, u know what i mean) wow, i hate desmond's puzzles