how much room

welsh boy

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah ive been having same problems. After me and my g\f move the sofa back we have about 12ft by 12ft of space but during the games we keep getting the warning 'move back', 'move forward', etc. Really annoying so what we did was use some white sticky tape and made 2 crosses on the floor of where we are recognised the best but then we spend most of the game time looking at the floor to make sure we don't drift away from the spot. lol

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, think I need the house next door's living room as well! I'm hoping this new zoom lens add on thing I've heard mentioned on the net might come out soon and hopefully make life a bit easier for all kinect users and I guess it would still work with 2 people just in a smaller space. Keeping an eye on it anyway, it's either that or a new house! :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Played this with the family at Xmas and oddly had no problems without about 7-8ft of space, of course when i got home i knew problems would arise, i have 5ft to the edge of my sofa, only way to get 6ft is by standing on the sofa, obviously not doing that but i risked it with the Nyko Zoom lens (big risk considering the reviews are one way or the other and the initial investment of the kinect just to test lol).

Anyway long story short i can stand between 3-4ft away from my tv with it, some games are a bit funny requiring me to stamp on things that are 6ft back which i obviously i cant do with the sofa (no place to move it to either so thats out of the question and tbh im not moving furniture just to play games). Surprised people are having trouble with 10ft and 12ft spaces, i know the kinect works with that but maybe you should reposition it to above or below the TV and retry, was playing 2 players no problems with 8 ft at most without the Nyko Zoom lens.

• 2 weeks later...

When I play I have about 6.5 x 6.5 foot this is played on good, not best, my home is very small (1 terrace house split into 2; open front door and straight into living room - no porch/hallway; top of stairs straight into bedroom - you get the idea). All I need to is my sofa against the wall, easy as it's so light and with laminated flooring.

This is just solo, when me and my nephew play we take it turns.

Edited by cjdavies

• 2 months later...