3x Playthough

PrfctWeapon

So, do you think you'll have to beat the game (or at least, almost) 3 times to level up to 20 with good, bad and neutral karma for all of the achievements? I'm so pumped for this game, that it's not too big of a deal. I just have a job that requires a lot of travel, and not a lot of time to spend. :-(

It would seem so based on the Karma achievements.

Mind you wording so far has been 'It will take about 100 hours to do everything'

Do they mean Achievements? Or to complete a playthrough 100%?

More of me wants it to be the later to be honest, Like Oblivion... You can power through if you want, or spend half a year doing everything

I wonder myself if I would have to play through the game 3 times to get the Karma achievements. I saw that Fallout 3 for PC would have achievements as well, does anyone think they will do that or not. That is my determining factor on either to get it on PC or Xbox360.

doubt it dude

You have to remember that you will be able to rush through it in a lot less, as there will be a lot of things that you will be able to miss out on the 2nd and 3rd time through.

Oh yeah but my point is, 100 hours to get 1000 GS or 100 hours to just do everything in a single playthrough?

Edited by Kolin32k
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you'll be able to save your game 1 level before the achievement level and go do things to mess with your karma before hitting the level, which would make this pretty easy, but that's probably not gonna work.

I absolutely hate games that make you play through more than once. I want it to be my choice, not the dev's choice.

Assuming the save system is the same as Oblivion, you could maintain a neutral karma until level 19, and create a specific save there.

Now level up to 20 with neutral. Ach unlocked.

Load up the lvl19 save and do whatever it takes to swing your karma to the good/evil side. Level to 20 and get your second karma ach. Reload 19 and repeat to get the last remaining karma ach.

It would all depend on how easy it is to alter your karma. If a killing spree of innocents causes your karma to drop to evil quickly, that particular achievement would be easy to do. It's probably much harder to acquire good karma... I could see that taking up some time. At least it would be less time to have the lvl19 save than replay through 3 times.

Assuming the save system is the same as Oblivion, you could maintain a neutral karma until level 19, and create a specific save there.

Now level up to 20 with neutral. Ach unlocked.

Load up the lvl19 save and do whatever it takes to swing your karma to the good/evil side. Level to 20 and get your second karma ach. Reload 19 and repeat to get the last remaining karma ach.

It would all depend on how easy it is to alter your karma. If a killing spree of innocents causes your karma to drop to evil quickly, that particular achievement would be easy to do. It's probably much harder to acquire good karma... I could see that taking up some time. At least it would be less time to have the lvl19 save than replay through 3 times.

yea either way thats probably the most efficient way to do it.

It would seem so based on the Karma achievements.

Mind you wording so far has been 'It will take about 100 hours to do everything'

Do they mean Achievements? Or to complete a playthrough 100%?

More of me wants it to be the later to be honest, Like Oblivion... You can power through if you want, or spend half a year doing everything

I love RPGs so much I've become a master at them like Mass Effect did the max u could do on first try in one playthrough. Fallout 3 will be bigger but not big enough for me :uzi::uzi::uzi:

I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but I remember reading an interview with one of the game developers. He hinted at the save system being like that of Oblivion. You should be able to save at any point as long as you're not engaged in a conflict. I wish I could find the link. It was an insightful interview.

OMG, I hope you can't get all ach. in one playthrough. Then, I will be very angry.

No, what Kolin32k was saying was that the creators said 100 hours to get everything in the game. He was wondering if it's 100 hours PER play through or if it's 100 hours for all the achievements (which would mean at least playing 3 times)

Save before you get the first level one... Say Level 7 Achievements.

Load said save and before you level slaughter a small town.

Load same save and save a small town

Load same save and sorta kinda help them out.

There we go! Three achievements! Rinse and repeat!

That is... If the leveling system is the same as Oblivion...

Save before you get the first level one... Say Level 7 Achievements.

Load said save and before you level slaughter a small town.

Load same save and save a small town

Load same save and sorta kinda help them out.

There we go! Three achievements! Rinse and repeat!

That is... If the leveling system is the same as Oblivion...

If you can bare it, playing the game through neutral would be best for this.

I'll be honest though, this game looks like it'll be a joy to play through multiple times with different personalities.

And those who are spending the money to only play it once and get an easy 1000.... Well, i'm sure it won't be that hard to level yourself, considering you get exp for killing things and for doing quests.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering a speed run of the game takes 75 minutes, I don't think it'll be 100 hours for all achievements, rather 100 hours for all quests, everything completed etc.

All achievements involves simply doing the quests once, then levelling with different karma (And remember, you get exp for exploration, killing, quests), and then collecting (Which, with a map won't take long at all)

i would probably get bored before the 3rd playthrough. im looking forward to the game but i get bored really quickly with games after a couple of completions except for gears, must have played campaign 30 times nd its still fun nd multiplyer like 100000000 hours lol