Fang Foom

Here's an IGN review of the game.

(This is for PS3 though but doubt it'll differ)

Got 7.5

I was thinking it would get that kind of mark.

Above average but not amazing.

Seems to say that it's epic and beautiful...but really just a big old cutscene!

IGN estimates theres like 2 hours of actual gameplay inbetween the movies!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218975p1.html

Sounds crazy..I like that you have to stop Asura staring at a womans boobies in one level!

You actually don't have to stop staring at her knockers because you can fill up your Rage-Gauge by looking at her assets ;) There's even an achievement where you have to look at them 3 or 4 times to get it :D

I have completed the game several hours ago and I was pretty bored the whole time. But I also don't really enjoy animes and in the end Asuras Wrath is more an interactive anime then a game. The story and the characters are just crazy especially Asura himself. But the boss fights aren't that bad and there are some cool flying/running sequences. If you like crazy anime stuff you'll have a blast with it, if you don't... Well, you won't :D

Yeah I read about that unnecessary delay in the UK too. And now it's being released after big games like Mass Effect 3... Well done. But I have to say I wouldn't have bought the game even if it was cheaper. I'm just not into anime but luckily I got an early copy for free to write an achievement guide about it.

Well after my first playthrough on Normal difficulty (that took me about 6 hours) I got a little bit more then 500 Gamerscore. With 1 or 2 more hours of grinding I could get about 700. But to get the full 1000 you need to complete the game at least three times. And you have to get an S-Ranking on every level on Hard difficulty which won't be that easy I guess. On Normal I got an S-Ranking on maybe half of the 19 episodes just by playing it. I'd say you need at least about 15 hours and it's not THAT easy too. But it's much easier then other Japanese games like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta for example.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask ;)

Sounds about like I expected....lots of cutscenes with ridiculously over the top action....and mediocre gameplay when you actually get to play. I'm perfectly fine with that :p I've never seen a game that can make me literally lol as much as the demo and trailers for this game....can't wait til Tuesday to get my hands on it :)

I just finished the game. Though I did enjoy it there is only a couple of hours of actual game. There is no depth at all to the fighting or shooting sections. It looks amazing and has some incredible design. It's just a shame there is so little game here. And being asked to fight the final boss twice was just strange.

Seeing credits at the start of every chapter gets old fast too.

Bit of a shame really.

You actually don't have to stop staring at her knockers because you can fill up your Rage-Gauge by looking at her assets ;) There's even an achievement where you have to look at them 3 or 4 times to get it :D

I have completed the game several hours ago and I was pretty bored the whole time. But I also don't really enjoy animes and in the end Asuras Wrath is more an interactive anime then a game. The story and the characters are just crazy especially Asura himself. But the boss fights aren't that bad and there are some cool flying/running sequences. If you like crazy anime stuff you'll have a blast with it, if you don't... Well, you won't :D

I just finished the game. Though I did enjoy it there is only a couple of hours of actual game. There is no depth at all to the fighting or shooting sections. It looks amazing and has some incredible design. It's just a shame there is so little game here. And being asked to fight the final boss twice was just strange.

Seeing credits at the start of every chapter gets old fast too.

Bit of a shame really.

These guys have it pretty much right. Took around 6-7 hours for me to beat it on normal, watching all cutscenes (and NOT interrupting monologues) and was probably between 2-3 hours of actual gameplay. It definately lives up to the over-the-top action seen in the trailers, so if you thought it LOOKED amazing/fun, you're in for a treat.

Especially chapter 12 >_> I really didn't think it would get that intense until the end of the game. The ending is kind of meh, but I wasn't really playing it for the story but more the insane action. It delivers there. Combat is pretty basic, and doesn't change at all throughout the game. The "on-rails" parts of the game I actually enjoyed thoroughly...and caught myself taking damage because I was watching instead of reacting sometimes.

Overall, the game is exactly what I expected, and am thrilled I picked it up :) If you want deep combat, look elsewhere. If you want alot of gameplay, look elsewhere. If you want an "interactive anime story" that includes over-the-top, absolutely absurd action that makes you literally lol....you've come to the right place.

Although, I do have a headache from it now lol. I'll work on getting S's another day, had a little too much action for my eyes to handle.

I had a completely different game in mind. When they said quick-time events, I imagined a crazy fighting game style, similar to God of War/Dante's Inferno, with quick-time events here and there, with the only possible reference in my head being Kingdom Hearts 2. What I got was a mixture of L.A. Noire and Asian culture. A few actual action scenes, but mostly a huge cutscene with an average story. Here's my verdict.

Pros:

- Great looking, crisp graphics.

- Amazing setting.

- Really cool and fun quick time events.

Cons:

- The amount of time spent watching cutscenes drags with the mediocre story.

- The amount of actual gameplay is too slim.

- Costant credits and text, sidetracking you from the game.

Overall: Good game, but more of a rent/GameFly. If you can buy it cheap used, give it a try. If you don't like games like this, don't bother with it. My overall score is 7.

I still have plenty of story left, so if my opinions change drastically, I'll come back and edit this.

EDIT: After continuing with the story after being swamped with schoolwork, I have to say, I have definately changed my mind on this game. With only three episodes remaining, this game is great! The story definately picks up, and the action gets ridiculous.

Once you understand the concept of the game, it completely changes your opinion. I definately take back the comment about the mediocre story, because that's not what it is in the least bit.

The updated score is a solid 8.5. Great game!

Edited by TheRealBr1ghtShadow

The credits really depend on your taste I guess. The game itself is setup just like an anime. Credits on both ends, and a mid-point marked by a stillshot before and after where the commercial would be. If you were to play it 1 episode at a time, it wouldn't be a big deal, and the repeated scenes at the beginning of each episode wouldn't be so bad either.

I really think they should have made this a XBLA game, releasing 1 episode a week for 19 weeks. It would give the anime-style setup a valid reason, or they should have made the episodes longer and just had fewer.