Never played Hitman, Should I try it?

Goldchubby

Should I buy this game knowing nothing of the series?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy this game knowing nothing of the series?

• Yes Hitman rules
    • No I would not

Hey guys I have always kind of been interested in the newer Hitman games but always heard they were never as good as the first ones, well now that there is an HD collection I am curious as to what you guys think. I have never played or seen Hitman being played so would love some feedback and your vote.

I am kind of leaning towards yes but still would like the feedback thanks guys!

I know people are going to tell me go watch videos or go do this and that well im the type of person who will just buy a game straight off of other peoples opinions and reviews or even If the game just looks cool or is made by a good developer. :) I am definitely an impulse buyer but also a completionist. So let me know achievement wise how it is however I never let achievements stop m from buying a game. Which is why I have 300+ hours on gears of war 3 for seriously 3.0 :( D*** do I hate that stupid grindfest but im at 47 onyx ill get it soon enough!

Edited by Goldchubby

Personally I like them. I say this never having played them until Blood Money was released on the 360. I'll be getting the collection though as I loved that and Absolution was also pretty good.

I'd say get them. They're original and really fun to play if you like to play the stealth route. Multiple ways to complete levels, kill people, costume changing and all that. You can really mix it all up which makes replaying levels quite fun.

I'd get the game and Absolution and play them in order.

Edit: Just saw the last part of you post about the achievements. Skipped that bit.

Achievement wise, you can 100% over all the games easy I'd say. They will take a little practice to get used to the play style if you've never played one before, but with a few guides and walkthrough videos, you can do it. I've for 100% on Absolution and it was pretty easy once you know how to play and what happens.

There's nothing that'll stop you or take you ages to unlock like the ones you've mentioned.

Edited by Nozza

you should definitely get this. the price alone justifies it, not sure where you're from, but i got it for £19.95-ish, so for 3 games, its an absolute bargain. it does take some practice to understand the mechanics of the game, but it isn't difficult. hitman is one of my favourite series', and i used to just replay missions over and over on contracts and blood money, just for the hell of it.

and to add to what Nozza said, the achievements are easy. if you followed a video guide the difficulty is, i would say a 2/10, and maybe a 3/10 if you followed a text guide.

Edited by Scotty

Hey guys I have always kind of been interested in the newer Hitman games but always heard they were never as good as the first ones, well now that there is an HD collection I am curious as to what you guys think. I have never played or seen Hitman being played so would love some feedback and your vote.

I am kind of leaning towards yes but still would like the feedback thanks guys!

I know people are going to tell me go watch videos or go do this and that well im the type of person who will just buy a game straight off of other peoples opinions and reviews or even If the game just looks cool or is made by a good developer. :) I am definitely an impulse buyer but also a completionist. So let me know achievement wise how it is however I never let achievements stop m from buying a game. Which is why I have 300+ hours on gears of war 3 for seriously 3.0 :( D*** do I hate that stupid grindfest but im at 47 onyx ill get it soon enough!

[x] Yes Hitman rules. Simple as that and also cheap!

The price makes the decision a lot easier. Never having played the games myself, after buying the collection I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. The game itself reminds me of the Splinter Cell series, one which I'm a big fan of in that it requires patience and at times, trial and error to perform a successful operation. The limited number of saves per mission also adds a bit of tension to the gameplay making sure you're always on your toes. I say go for it.

These are good. Absolution is better.

Hitman 2, Blood Money etc have such a good reputation because when they came out, they were like, the games of their time. Nothing could match them.

However, they don't hold up to newer games. It's just people remember them being awesome. (Which they were).

Get Absolution. You'll enjoy it more, and I own all hitman titles on the 360.

These are good. Absolution is better.

Hitman 2, Blood Money etc have such a good reputation because when they came out, they were like, the games of their time. Nothing could match them.

However, they don't hold up to newer games. It's just people remember them being awesome. (Which they were).

Get Absolution. You'll enjoy it more, and I own all hitman titles on the 360.

This guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. Hitman 2-BM are PROPER Hitman games.