The power of the "A" button.

Crimson Drifter

• 2 months later...

It does almost seem like a joke after a bit, especially with things like the ladder and swimming. This game kind of seems like a parody RPG so far in some ways. I was also laughing at the "Press A, you moron" lectures.

The tutorials also seem close to breaking the fourth wall in the way they are delivered, except that Atsuma appears to accept being told to press A and save and such as naturally as being told to put one foot in front of another. Though I'm still very early on, so maybe he does finally ask WTF an "A button" is. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I find it hilarious that they give you a tutorial about how to use stuff and its always the exact same thing: Use the "A" button.

"oops a dead end, use "A" on the ladder, need to ride a mine cart use "A", break those shiny boxes "A" again, need to ride that magic block you got it "A", how bout swimming float along with the "A" button, ooo a switch to use it push "A".

lol after the first few times I laughed every other time I see it

and they treat it like its complicated. "Okay listen up cause I wont tell you again... use the "A" button."

Anyone else find this hilarious and a not needed explanation?

Picture the scene. The game developers are sitting round a table with a controller each. The lead developer says to the others, "We need to make the control system next, what do we do?" Some bright spark points out that the 360 controller has 4 basic buttons they could choose from. "We could use 'X'." He gets fired, "No, too complex" the lead guy says. Someone else says, "Well, we could use Mega Drive controls, thats only 3 buttons." He gets fired too "No, Still too complex". Ok, lets use the same controls as these NES controllers. "Nah, too complex. Lets just use A. It's still too complex, but we need a button to use. Put a tutorial in for every action and reaction, and while we're at it. Make the map appear with the pause button, get rid of the pause feature alltogether, open the menu with 'Y' and use 'A' for everything else. By the way, you're all fired."