Germany foils bomb plot

Flea

Three men have been arrested in Germany on suspicion of planning a "massive" terrorist attack on US facilities in the country, officials have said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6979295.stm

Why the duck do these idiots try to do stuff like this?

Lets go kill innocent people,

what a bunch of anchors.

:(

Wankers but i wasnt gonna type that.

So i typed anchors.

:)

Gotcha...the article said they carried out 40 other raids that day...I wonder if they were all a "bust" or if they found more shit as well...ducking terrorists...when are they going to learn..."America...FUCK YEAH!" sorry...I just watched Team America the other day and that song is stuck in my head...lol

Three men have been arrested in Germany on suspicion of planning a "massive" terrorist attack on US facilities in the country, officials have said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6979295.stm

Why the duck do these idiots try to do stuff like this?

Lets go kill innocent people,

what a bunch of anchors.

They do this because it's their religion, they believe they'll be honoured in martyrdom for killing hundreds of innocent people.

Basically there prophecy is "my grandad died from old age.....but It's The West's fault, I'll go bomb them"

They do this because it's their religion, they believe they'll be honoured in martyrdom for killing hundreds of innocent people.

Basically there prophecy is "my grandad died from old age.....but It's The West's fault, I'll go bomb them"

That's not entirely correct, a very small minority of people use their religion as an excuse to spread hate and destruction.

Most muslims as well as christians, buddhists etc, are just like anyone of us.

They don't want/like/support violence and are outraged at the ones tainting their religion (against the word of their holy writings).

In cases like these someone has a twisted view of right and wrong and interpet what they feel is the "correct" meaning of say the Koran, ignoring the basic fact that murder is a major NO-NO...

It's sad but unfortunatly we will always have psychos doing things like this.

That's not entirely correct, a very small minority of people use their religion as an excuse to spread hate and destruction.

They don't want/like/support violence and are outraged at the ones tainting their religion (against the word of their holy writings).

In cases like these someone has a twisted view of right and wrong and interpet what they feel is the "correct" meaning of say the Koran, ignoring the basic fact that murder is a major NO-NO...

It's sad but unfortunatly we will always have psychos doing things like this.

When I read this I thought of Robin Williams' thoughts on twisting it around:

Robin Williams: I can see it now: Osama bin Laden goes up to the gates of Heaven where George Washington comes out, says, "How dare you defile what I have created," and starts whaling on his ass, then 70 other members of the Continental Congress come out and start kicking the shit out of him. Osama will say, "Hey, wait! Where are my virgins?" "71 *Virginians*, you asshole!"

Thats pretty much what I meant, I wasn't generalising any religion, I see now I worded it a bit wrong.

But what you said is what I meant.:)

When I read this I thought of Robin Williams' thoughts on twisting it around:

Robin Williams: I can see it now: Osama bin Laden goes up to the gates of Heaven where George Washington comes out, says, "How dare you defile what I have created," and starts whaling on his ass, then 70 other members of the Continental Congress come out and start kicking the shit out of him. Osama will say, "Hey, wait! Where are my virgins?" "71 *Virginians*, you asshole!"

That Robin Williams moment is one of the funniest ever. Everytime I think about the concept of islamic jihad matyrdom I always think about this . . .

Then I laugh at the concept of islamic jihad matyrdom.

Wankers indeed.

When will it ever F**CKING end...

Probably never.

Christians and Muslims have always hated each other in some capacity. Even before Christianity began, Europeans and Middle-Eastern nations hated each other. Ever since the fall of the Persian Empire, and before that to some extent. The Crusades just escalated it.

Religion in general is a joke. Don't get me wrong, I'm no atheist, I'm quite spiritual as a matter of fact. I just don't think it's wise to pick one religion, when there's so many out there. I take the teachings and philosophies I like out of every religion and apply them to my personal life. There's a lot of good things in every religion, but unfortunately there's a lot of bad too.

These islamic extremists follow their religion to the word, and they twist and contort it to fit their own screwed up ideology. And no, they don't just "hate us for our freedom". The main reason they're pissed off is because we gave the Jews Israel, and we've been meddling in their affairs for years. As incredibly fucked up as I find their tactics to be, bombing innocent civilians and the like, I can at least understand to a minor extent why they do what they do. I certainly don't agree with it, and I consider them an enemy, but I do understand their reasons for hating the West.

I know this is going to piss someone off, but Christians aren't innocent either. Anyone remember the Inquisition? Papal armies? The crusades? Christians have as much blood on their hands as the Muslims, if not more. I'm not saying that Christians are bad people, quite the contrary, I think that just like any religion it can be beneficial to those who follow it in a sane and logical way. The problem is, when you have the amount of control over people that people like the Pope do, corruption happens and tragedies occur.

I think the reason there's so many atheists and agnostics out there today is because people are becoming more and more aware that religion should be something you learn yourself, not from old guys in robes and funny hats. Some of the worst atrocities in history were carried out in the name of one God or another. How many wars take place because of religion? The world will never see peace until people finally realize that religion should be a guideline for how you live your life, not a set of rules.

God I hate war/fighting/terrorism, I mean fuck we all live on the same planet, we need to learn how to deal with our problems. I swear this whole country fighting country bullshit is just as bad as two adolescent guys fighting over who has the biggest balls. Here's how it should good, each country has its land and a higher power to rule the land, If one country has something that another country needs/wants...you don't go in and kill them you sit and talk and work out some kind of payment, But of course it can never be that simple.

It saddens me to think that my generation and the generation before me fucked up this world so much and the ones that will be paying for it will be our children and grandchildren. I mean is this what we want our kids to learn, that if you want something bad enough just go and kill them for it, Christ they're trying so hard to stop the gang violence and shit when the biggest gang out there is killing hundreds/thousands of people a year...The United States Army!

*sorry for language, and kind of off topic*

Anyone remember the Inquisition? Papal armies? The crusades?

I dont,

i think redneck dog may though,

Yup hes that old.

:p

Its a shame people twist things for their own ideals,

But harming innocent people no matter your religion or race is just wrong.

As for dr no`s response,

i think your comments ignorant,

killing doesnt lead to stopping killing,

it just leads to more.

This isn't the first time they have done this recently. There was another plan that was stopped but in the earlier stages on the same bases. This is actually really scary for me because i have a lot of friends on ramstein (i'm in the air force and a lot of people i met in training went there). The first one (that i know of) was kept kinda quiet, to keep people from worrying, but we still had to go to a higher state of emergency for a couple days at my base (in arizona... kinda far away..)

It saddens me to think that my generation and the generation before me fucked up this world so much and the ones that will be paying for it will be our children and grandchildren. I mean is this what we want our kids to learn, that if you want something bad enough just go and kill them for it, Christ they're trying so hard to stop the gang violence and shit when the biggest gang out there is killing hundreds/thousands of people a year...The United States Army!

that has been happening since... forever. just the way things are. it wasnt our generation or the ones before it. it's just how it has always been.

they're trying so hard to stop the gang violence and shit when the biggest gang out there is killing hundreds/thousands of people a year...The United States Army!

You can not seriously believe this!

You are the very worst sort of person...a spineless whiner how has absolutely no concept of the meaning of freedom, and you seem proud of it!

The United States Army (and all military branches) are the finest, proudest most noble military organization and I am proud of what they have done and continue to do to keep your pathetic ass safe.

I hope you grow up and regret you words.

Ever since Vietnam, America lost its invincibility status - able to defeat (with some help) the British, the Nazis aswell as the Japanese Empire but unable to deal with Ho Chi Min and his gang of farmers. Add to that the first Gulf War and not getting rid of Saddam Hussien first time round. Its been a viable target ever since.

Our country is fucked, plain and simple. We are one of the youngest in the world, yet bully everyone around. And Bush certainly does not help our stock. Last time i was in Europe, you wouldn't believe how prevalent the anti-american sentiment is. I remember being in Germany and walking with my aunt and uncle, who live in Munich, and them pointing out an anti-cloning poster that was in the middle of the street on a small billboard, and it had like 50 faces of Bush on it, then said we need to stop cloning before it kills us. It was hilarious.

But america is toast plain and simple. This will never stop unless we swallow our pride and accept the fact that we can't rule the world, as Bush seems to want to do.

The United States Army (and all military branches) are the finest, proudest most noble military organization and I am proud of what they have done and continue to do to keep your pathetic ass safe.

I hope you grow up and regret you words.

You gotta be fucking kidding me right? Let me guess your one of those army brat kids....grew up mommy and daddy in the military, joined ROTC, have American flags all around the house, cry when ever the national anthem is sung??? Yea at first the army was all for fighting for freedom and actually stood for something, but now all the army is good for is fulfilling Bush and his people's needs, were not fighting for freedom anymore WE ALREADY HAVE IT!, were fighting for nothing... and you know it you just cant bare to admit it to yourself.

(I'm done talking to you "True American Hero" HA:p)

Oh, and I never regret anything I say, I say things because I mean them, I might take them back if people get mad but I still mean it.:woop:

Last time i was in Europe, you wouldn't believe how prevalent the anti-american sentiment is. I remember being in Germany and walking with my aunt and uncle, who live in Munich, and them pointing out an anti-cloning poster that was in the middle of the street on a small billboard, and it had like 50 faces of Bush on it, then said we need to stop cloning before it kills us. It was hilarious.

omg this is true, I went to Italy over the summer break and seems every street had anti-Bush,anti-America posters/graffiti. Two that stick in my mind are one said Europeans have bush and we like it Americans have Bush and we don't like it, and the other said Boycott Coke-Cola (being an American company in all)

Or maybe we should kill all people like you and really finish this up.....sorry but that had to be said.:mad:

Thought I'd add: when I mean "people like you" I mean people who have really ignorant views such as this.

My initial post was meant as a sarcastic post. The idea that they are trying to kill us I kinda twisted back on them and then because of that whole war on terror thing y'know...because we kinda are actively trying to kill them or at least "stop" them. I suppose more context clues to what I meant initally would have helped like /sarcasm or something. Kinda came out wrong I guess.

I suppose though America isn't really the main target of terrorism, really it has only been since the 9/11 bombings that Americans' have really seen terrorism as a threat, it's kinda been going on for a while before that in other places.