So... is this game any good?

Mr Bungle

I've seen reviews and gameplay and it seems really fun.

Just a few questions.

Is it hard? (achievement wise)

The avatar award: Can you unlock the shirt from just playing the Demo or strictly just the full game?

The controls: How are they?

• 1 month later...

IMO - impossible. See below.

The avatar award: Can you unlock the shirt from just playing the Demo or strictly just the full game?

You get the t-shirt just for playing the game for the first time

Broken. There is no option to invert flight controls (seriously wtf Atari), only aiming controls which is why I labeled the achievements as impossible. Without inverted flight controls this game is unplayable to me. A simple patch could solve this problem, but Atari won't bother with it.

Overall, the worst xbl game I have ever purchased. No more impulse buys for me lol.

• 3 months later...

IMO - impossible. See below.

You get the t-shirt just for playing the game for the first time

Broken. There is no option to invert flight controls (seriously wtf Atari), only aiming controls which is why I labeled the achievements as impossible. Without inverted flight controls this game is unplayable to me. A simple patch could solve this problem, but Atari won't bother with it.

Overall, the worst xbl game I have ever purchased. No more impulse buys for me lol.

Thank you for answering his question. I was going to buy today due to the sale, but I will choose something else.

I am curious about this game. But Try the demo before you can answer . Then see if you enjoy it. I am going to do that. Don't just trust one persons judgement. No offense TaruZhul, but I want to try it myself before really saying anything.

Any more opinions on this game?

Ya, I totally felt like it was Rez too, except you could move around and it wasn't as awesome...I kinda regret buying it during this sale, but meh. I was just hoping for something to maybe shed some better light on WHAT THE HELL I WAS DOING back in the original Atari Yars' Revenge...but damn if they didn't have to go and make it more confusing...

i picked this up during the sale c: and i'm loving it. it gets so much better, after the demo level n.n. i don't see the controls as being broken at all. I find it really easy to navigate Yar and that barrel roll is incredibly useful for getting out of a barrage of bullets. You just need to use your powerups wisely, chain your combos and learn when to use your missiles. having played a lot of arcade shooters it's a pretty easy game. apart from one of the bosses. who requires a bit more skill to master if you're going for one life no dying achievements. The achievement list overall is pretty easy apart from the don't get hit for an entire level. The shield power up makes this easy though to go through clustered tunnel sections where it gets a bit too hectic. I'm pretty happy I picked this up c:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A late post here but I felt like I had to post since some of the posters in here are trying to break some kind of hyperbole record. Calling a game "impossible," "unplayable" and "broken" because of a preference of yours is more than a little ridiculous. I can understand why one would prefer having inverted controls, but the game is certainly not broken because it doesn't offer them.

The controls in this game are fine, and the game is actually pretty good. Its major problem is that it's far too easy and can, as such, get a little dull in longer sessions. It's got a cool graphical style, plays well and has fun bosses. Definitely worth the 400MSP it now permanently costs.