Any news?

heinstach

• 3 weeks later...

Nope nor can we expect any. Krome Studios the dev team behind Game Room have been downsized and used by Microsoft for other projects such as Full House Poker. Fair to say MS are more than happy to leave Game Room to collect dust and eventually be forgotten.

Shame as the layout was awesome, the interactive elements were awesome, the challenges were awesome and the potential was awesome... the games however were largely crap and overpriced. Some of these games i didnt rate all that highly when they first came out never mind a second time round all these years later.

Don't know if its been talked about before, but I went into Game Room today and noticed the option to buy multiplatform (PC/Xbox) game licenses was missing. Only a options were demo and game for 240 ms points. Does this mean there was a price drop or a change in how licenses are set up?

Nope nor can we expect any. Krome Studios the dev team behind Game Room have been downsized and used by Microsoft for other projects such as Full House Poker. Fair to say MS are more than happy to leave Game Room to collect dust and eventually be forgotten.

Shame as the layout was awesome, the interactive elements were awesome, the challenges were awesome and the potential was awesome... the games however were largely crap and overpriced. Some of these games i didnt rate all that highly when they first came out never mind a second time round all these years later.

^^agreed. They had a great concept with a great setup, but unfortunately a bit too pricey. :/ I think I bought one game... lol.