Keep this game alive! sign the petition! PLEASE

Danny the hero

It has more signatures than people that actually play this. Halo 2 was spectacular, and I love playing the PC version, but the truth is that it was a shitty port and only a very small handful of players actually play it. When I played last night, I think about 40 or so people were online. It shouldn't've been run exclusively on GFWL servers.

It has more signatures than people that actually play this. Halo 2 was spectacular, and I love playing the PC version, but the truth is that it was a shitty port and only a very small handful of players actually play it. When I played last night, I think about 40 or so people were online. It shouldn't've been run exclusively on GFWL servers.

Of course! It doesn't cost the signers anything to say "keep the servers on," but if each signer had to donate 5 bucks to make their vote count... there would be a LOT LESS votes to say "keep it going!!"

I've got to tell you... the [original Xbox] Halo 2 multiplayer days were the BEST! I forgot how fun the maps were. I thought Halo 2 for PC looks GREAT! Having only played it on the Xbox before... we were limited to 480P and a 4:3 aspect ratio. This game on the PC can be run at 1080P - at a 16x9 aspect-ratio, no less (and NOT stretched)... and it looks FANTASTIC!!!

Had I known how good it would look (and remembered how fun it was)... I would have built a better computer to run it before last week! At least I have all the multiplayer achievements done (and I "still" feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming)... so I can leisurely play through the campaign now.

If someone can get me a phone number to the person or department that is responsible for shutting-down the servers... there's a good chance I can keep it from happening (at least delay it by another 6 weeks). If I knew the Burnout Revenge servers were going to get shutdown by EA last year, I would have made a phone call before it happened - instead of calling AFTER it happened, to get it restored (they're still up, BTW)!

This is why Halo 1 rocks, people managed the servers and gamespy populated the list so there was never any downtime and it still has a vast community. Here's a screenshot when I updated the server list:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3393/img0013ts.jpg

Edited by vahnx