Comparison to Borderlands?

Fire Mage

I mean, I'm sure there are differences I'm missing, but looking through the gameplay style (and the achievements with all of the gameplay similarities and characters and names and such like "Naya"="Maya" and "Hyperion" and etc.)...

Does anyone else think this seems like Borderlands, except in third-person and just less cartoony and humorous?

If I'm making a rash accusation here, tell me. But I dunno, seems similar!

• 2 weeks later...
I mean, I'm sure there are differences I'm missing, but looking through the gameplay style (and the achievements with all of the gameplay similarities and characters and names and such like "Naya"="Maya" and "Hyperion" and etc.)...

Does anyone else think this seems like Borderlands, except in third-person and just less cartoony and humorous?

when I pre ordered my copy yesterday, the guy said he thinks it looks like a less cartoony version of borderlands haha.

Just fyi, Borderlands revamped its entire art style to be more unique and memorable, which it is. It had an art style more akin to like call of duty, gears etc before.

You mean way early in development, I figure? I didn't follow Borderlands super early, but when I did start following it, it had the cartoony style, so I guess it must've been some time ago.

You mean way early in development, I figure? I didn't follow Borderlands super early, but when I did start following it, it had the cartoony style, so I guess it must've been some time ago.

Fun article to read about the early development of BL

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/this-is-what-borderlands-was-originally-meant-to-look-like-art-style-inspired-by-short-film-codehunters/

Personally I don't see it. It's still happening in the news section today. They both have guns? FPS vs 3rd person shooter? Not for me. I think some gamers see "skill tree" and Hyperion and can't get past Borderlands. I think maybe they need to play more games.

It's also hard to describe something without placing it in some form of context. I wouldn't use Borderlands though.