DLC Announced!

damtalldylan

"A World of Keflings will be getting its first DLC pack in coming weeks. The pack, entitled It Came From Outer Space, will add hours of gameplay based around a kefling-sized alien invasion. After the aliens crash land, you and the Keflings try your best to get these visitors back home. You’ll have to build robots, alien structures, and evil keflings in order to repair the alien’s mothership. There will be a new kingdom filled with new characters, buildings, and resources. There is currently no release date or price for the pack."

and seemly they will be achievements :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Zk/4d/1Tc8P2NhbC9FCxoIG1lTWERCL2FjaC8wLzExAAAAAVBQUPoyTno=.jpg Mr. Roboto

Help build the Ubertronic Dynabot 25g

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/QL/-c/1jc8P2NhbC9HCxoIG1lTWERCL2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAVBQUPnzv1w=.jpg Easy Being Green

Help create a Nuclear Lobster 10g

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/00/c8/1zc8P2NhbC9GCxoIG1lTWERCL2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAVBQUPgTR88=.jpg Like a Rock

Get past the meteor to explore the map 15g

I'll probably buy this at least so I can have all the achievements for the game again. If there weren't any achievements for it would you still find it worth a purchase? I've got a bunch of other games I'm working on right now but if the dlc is good fun for a few hours then I'll download it sooner rather than later.

So how is it?

Hmmm, it's nothing new on the main game. It's essentially the same game with a different shape level and a different skin. However I've finished it now after 2 and a 1/2 hours and I loved it :) there's a lot more humour in this DLC including references to Back to the Future and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

The level itself is pretty big (definitely bigger than the Ice and Desert level) and the achievements are just your bog standard playthrough.

Couple of other things: (I don't know if this is specific to me or if it's general but) the aliens will stand still after they've finished mining something. This can be frustrating once you've got a lot of them and you're pushing for the final construct.

The music is pretty good and it didn't grind at all like some arcade games.

Lastly, I found myself stuck at one point even after talking to all the aliens the objective wasn't clear. Obviously being a kids game after a couple of minutes thinking about what I'd done previously it came to me but it still could've been a little clearer.

Finally be careful of trees growing back and blocking your path!

I think that's everything and in my opinion it was well worth the 320 points :) hope this helps!

• 5 months later...

Hopefully someone will see this....

Does anyone know if they are planning any further DLC for Kelflings, or a new game? I have both games and the DLC and this is one of my go-to games when I am waiting for something to go out. I would love to have another game!

Also the music is kinda addicting.....I find myself humming the song for days after playing...

Hopefully someone will see this....

Does anyone know if they are planning any further DLC for Kelflings, or a new game? I have both games and the DLC and this is one of my go-to games when I am waiting for something to go out. I would love to have another game!

Also the music is kinda addicting.....I find myself humming the song for days after playing...

They announced one called Candy For Keflings, but no date, price or achievement info as of yet