Upsteam bandwith? WTF

IT5 T0MMYY

Mine says warning, is anyone else having this problem? I NEED to know how to change this, iv just managed to open my NAT in time for reach and now nearly all my online MP games are being ruined because of this and its only getting worse, i walk 2 paces get teleported to the other side of the map, see inside noble six, then get disconnected from xbox live! its even affecting all my other games!

If anyone has the knowlege to fix this, PLEASE enlighten us.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of it, this has been going on for only about an hour (judging from the timestamps in this thread), so it's probably something that needs to be fixed on Bungie's end; either that or their testing new features/updating?

I wouldn't say it is Bungie's fault. My upstream is still good.

I don't see what the problem is here. I have a warning myself, but matchmaking plays smoothly for me across everything (minus Firefight). I've been training as a sniper, too, so I would notice the bullet lag if the upstream bandwidth had critical say in the matter; and, at the moment, it does not - shot recognition is immediate for me.

For the moment, I'm left to believe upstream bandwidth only truly affects firefight matchmaking - I experience lag in that playlist like no other, but the other playlists are smooth.

Edited by stuhp

I saw this title and I had to post. I've been playing this since launch and my Upstream Bandwidth has been on "Warning!" the entire time. I played through the campaign with 3 other friends, and while they were all playing fine, I found myself having slightly delayed controls. As a result of this, I was next to useless when it came to helping.

I also get the same delay if I play with 2 specific friends (one of which lives about a mile away). However, if I were to play matchmaking with the same friends there would be no issue at all (or if there was, it wouldn't just be me experiencing it).

I'm curious to know what ISP everyone is with. I, myself, am with Virgin Media, and supposed to be on a (up to!) 10mb package, but lately I've gotten less than 2mb at off-peak times. We phoned them up but all they said (after running us through various crap tests via speedtest.net) was "There seems to be some noise on the line, but we've got some engineers looking into it).

Most other people I know who're on Virgin Media have had the same poor experiences as of late.

Edit: Here's my current report from Speedtest.net (clearly off-peak) to my nearest recommended server in Manchester (33 miles/55 kilometres) away.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/960199069.png

Edited by VinasErgoth

Same here, because my router is broken. If I attempt to play any multiplayer games or talk in a party, my router will overload and disconnect from the internet for a while. I'm pretty sure upstream has to do with telling the server what you're doing (moving, shooting, etc.) and talking. If you have troubles with other games, it's a probably with your internet, though if it's just Reach, then I dunno.

Just curious, but when you say "delayed", are you talking about the sensation you got from the first days of playing Beta? Particularly Generator Defense. I'm not too sure what you mean. :(
I didn't enjoy the beta very much, so I'm not too sure what you mean exactly. When I say delayed I mean, I press the trigger to fire, then maybe a second later the gun fires. The same goes for all movements except for the right stick (looking around).