hate hate hate should have called it fail not fuel

sixgun91

this game just wasnt good. I was thinking about getting it based on xplays review of 4 stars But my buddy rented it so i went over to his house to check it out. And wow it was bad. Retarded Loading times. Some bushes you could drive through while others would break you. Hit a rock at 30 mph and you gotta respawn makes sense if its a sim racer not a fraken arcade racer. Terrible last gen graphics, with lottsa pop up in the distance. couldnt turn for nothin everytime you turn you start to drift. Idk it was just vastly dissapointing and not good... AT ALL. this is a hate post but if you love the game your opinions are welcome im just voicing my outrage.

That is all.

this game just wasnt good. I was thinking about getting it based on xplays review of 4 stars But my buddy rented it so i went over to his house to check it out. And wow it was bad. Retarded Loading times. Some bushes you could drive through while others would break you. Hit a rock at 30 mph and you gotta respawn makes sense if its a sim racer not a fraken arcade racer. Terrible last gen graphics, with lottsa pop up in the distance. couldnt turn for nothin everytime you turn you start to drift. Idk it was just vastly dissapointing and not good... AT ALL. this is a hate post but if you love the game your opinions are welcome im just voicing my outrage.

That is all.

Terrible graphics? retarded loading screens? bad handling?

What are you? partially sighted, impatient & have parkinson disease

Impressive graphics? I'm playing this tripe on a 40" Bravia in 1080p and the graphics are fu**ing garbage, totally agree with the OP, last-gen at best.

Loading times are a disgrace, and yes i have installed it and would dread to think what the load times are from disc. The fact there is a loading screen for the race select screen, re-spawning, and simply accessing the camp screen is just ridiculous.

As for the handling, well its diabolical, i couldn't even call it arcade handling its worse than ridge racer. The second you attempt to turn the car just slides away to the side like you're driving on ice.

Also, as far as I'm concerned this is supposed to be a racing game, yet every race pits you against vehicles you cant even own at that point in the game. Fair? No, but let's not forget the garbage slingshot AI. 2 Seconds from the start line and the cpu is 250m ahead?? WTF and then you're around 200m from the finish and all of a sudden the cpu comes flying past from nowhere and steals the win.

As a racing game, its simply an epic fail.

As far as achievements go, i'll be using the glitch on every single race/challenge just to try and bleed some points out of this garbage.

Loading times..

What do you expect the area is HUGE?

Going through bushes

Don't drive through bushes

Hitting a rock a 30mph.. you/your friend must be bad at the game.

Things appearing infront of you

They only things what appear are little bits of grass/bushes.. get over it

Turning

Click X

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This a game for manly men who like horsepower and offroad racing, whining little boys need not apply. :woop:

^^ this quote is made of win

anyways slow load times? massive area to load + its only like 10-15 seconds

last gen graphics? lets see how long it takes you to make a map that huge into the best graphics we have and see how long it takes before it starts to freeze and glitch up because of it

bad handeling? last time i checked driving off road and doing races on specified tracks are going to handle a bit differently go try it for yourself and learn to use the blue skittle

only problems i've had with this game so far is a few minor glitches after winning races/challenges in the reef place otherwise i'd give it a 9/10

op: if you look closely those "bushes" you trying to drive thru have small trees in them so pay some attention to where your going

• 3 weeks later...

That is all.

Well, for a start I hardly get loading times because I don't usually crash and I don't use helipads.

If you look close enough you will notice some of the bushes have branches in them and some dont.

The graphics are amazing and the draw distance is good to say how big the map is but you probably wouldn't notice that because from what you said about the loading screen you obviously use helipads a lot.

Trust me, me and my friend are playing this on online free ride and we just drive around looking at places, hell, we went from one corner of the map to the other on the biggest road, which took almost 6 hours. I've only unlocked 8 places.

• 3 weeks later...
Impressive graphics? I'm playing this tripe on a 40" Bravia in 1080p and the graphics are fu**ing garbage, totally agree with the OP, last-gen at best.

Loading times are a disgrace, and yes i have installed it and would dread to think what the load times are from disc. The fact there is a loading screen for the race select screen, re-spawning, and simply accessing the camp screen is just ridiculous.

As for the handling, well its diabolical, i couldn't even call it arcade handling its worse than ridge racer. The second you attempt to turn the car just slides away to the side like you're driving on ice.

Also, as far as I'm concerned this is supposed to be a racing game, yet every race pits you against vehicles you cant even own at that point in the game. Fair? No, but let's not forget the garbage slingshot AI. 2 Seconds from the start line and the cpu is 250m ahead?? WTF and then you're around 200m from the finish and all of a sudden the cpu comes flying past from nowhere and steals the win.

As a racing game, its simply an epic fail.

As far as achievements go, i'll be using the glitch on every single race/challenge just to try and bleed some points out of this garbage.

its your fucking tv that sucks man , afriend has the same and its really garbage ... a led from samsung and the graphics are amazing ...

only the loading times i agree ... more loading screen than that you play the game you even can no restart without loading thats retarded.

• 4 weeks later...

The load times for the races are sufficient, but I agree the load times when you restart a race is really annoying. Why does it have to regenerate everything if the race is already loaded? The graphics are pretty sharp and well not all vehicles are going to handle the same, just as in real life.

I think the game was a great concept, but poor execution. Searching for liveries and vista points is very cumbersome at times and the computer AI is poorly coded in certain races. I found the RAIDs and Endurance races to be the most annoying. I have a 500m lead and climbing uphill to the final checkpoint the computer suddenly passes me. In other checkpoint races I'd be behind the leader 300 - 400m on the final lap and they suddenly slow down close to the final checkpoint...WTF is that?

I really do like the game, but it's insanely long and the exploration is boring at best.

• 1 month later...

This game looks like shit. And don't say, well it got a huge area.

1. If you make a huge area, see that your engine can handle it. Everything over 20 feet in front of you is blurry and has no textures at all. And the pop ups are crazy

2. If you make a large area, see that there's a fucking point to it. THere is NOTHING in this wasteland. All I do is drive for 10 minutes, just to get to one of the collectible stuff on the map.

This is just boring to play and has nothing to it. I play it a little longer for the points and will then return to DIRT 2

Haha, I ordered the game, and should be getting it this morning.

Then I came and read this thread. One post would make me happy, the next would make me sad...etc. Seems like people do either love it or hate it. :)

Anyway, I played the demo and loved that, so hopefully the game will be at least as good as that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This game is a strange one for me...

At first i thought it was a massive pile of cack...so many little bugs and flaws i really could not be arsed playing it.

However, i wanted the GS from it, so plodded on and on and on with it..and something odd happened. I started to really enjoy it! While i do agree with the points people are making against the game, you have to remember that it's not supposed to be ultra realistic or anything like that, it's just supposed to be a bit of a laugh and rewards people who spend time with it.

I'm a big fan of racing games, I love offroad, I love free roaming, I love post apocalyptic settings and I loved the previous Codemasters racing games on X360, so I really wanted to play this game. I didnt bought it at release, cause I went for DiRT2, but now I got it.

When I read this post at first, I didnt agree with him, but now I am progressing through, the more I agree with some points said here. I wouldnt call it completely fail, but some races are just so damn annoying. I bumped into invisible walls a few times when I was racing on legend difficulty, the average AI, no matter on what difficulty, show signs of big retardedness, sometimes I am leading on 3-star difficulty, racing full speed on a straight with the fastest vehicle possible, so according to normal logica I should build up distance or at least keep it like that, but sometimes all of the sudden they can close an impossible gap.

At least they didnt patch the press back on go glitch, cause with some races I really need another vehicle then the ones you are allowed to choose from.

But in free roaming and some of the easier races (when the AI and your vehicle behaves normal) its a pretty nice game.

They just put too much effort in creating such a huge area and with all those weather effects and all that they just lacked putting effort in racing and drivability at all.

So far I'm still positive about this game, but at some times the game really makes me frustrated.

• 5 months later...

The AI are easily the biggest problem with this game. As a fan of both arcade racers and free roam games, in my opinion the whole "vs racing" aspect could easily have simply not been included. This is the only game in which I actually enjoyed searching for collectibles, and it irritates me that racing against the AI is required to advance and unlock areas... I would rather have been able to attempt challenges instead of certain races, since they are more interesting. This is a rather niche game, designed for people who prefer messing around in free roam, choosing their own race route - not people who play Forza (which I did not like) and other realistic sim racers.

• 3 weeks later...

what i hate about this game is legend is too hard , i will be in the lead for 3 or 4 km and they are ALWAYS within 30 metres of me until the last 200-300 metres of the race and they suddenly gain a load of speed and drive past very quickly! and if they happen to get back in front they get up to 300 metres in front and can NOT catch them even with shortcuts. I even used the glitch once and used the best offroad bike which was twice as fast as all the AI but still this crap happens.

• 2 months later...