TRIAD XP/Level 10 Help ?

Frozen x360a

I'm cop level, face level 10 but only triad level 9.5 ish and I've completed the story with half the missions at 3 triangles and the other half at about 2 triangles, so I'm guessing you literally have to max out every mission of the story with 3 triangles? In which case this is going to be very annoying..and yes I'm using the moutain suit for 15% bonus which barely makes a difference.

Any other way of making triad xp? and tips for combat?

Thanks.

I'm cop level, face level 10 but only triad level 9.5 ish and I've completed the story with half the missions at 3 triangles and the other half at about 2 triangles, so I'm guessing you literally have to max out every mission of the story with 3 triangles? In which case this is going to be very annoying..and yes I'm using the moutain suit for 15% bonus which barely makes a difference.

Thanks.

Yea pretty much you have to max out all 3 triangles. That's weird, because I use the clothes that gave me the 15% Traid boost and I got it without much trouble. If all fails, if you have some MSP to spare you can get the Top Dog Silver Pack & Top Dog Gold Pack DLCs which boost up your Traid, Cop and Face.

Just because it is 3 triangles does not mean you have the highest score poosible. if it takes 750 (example number) to get 3 triangles, dont stop there, it's still possible to score hundreds more. Look at the leaderboard for that mission and compare yourself. I suggest doing disarms + headshot for great points on armed opponents. And a couple dim mak's followed by limb break or environment kill on melee opponents. Melee weapons also give great points.

Redoing the earliest missions, the ones prior to the melee upgrades, proved surprisingly beneficial for points.

Go to Social Hub and see which missions you've done with the lowest Triad scores, then replay those to try to raise your levels. Here are some tips that help.

If you've found all the jade statues and have gotten the Dim Mak move from the sifu, then use it, like, in every fight. It's an instant takedown. Then hold B to pick the guy up and break a limb with b,x,x,x. You get much higher scores that way.

In gunfights, always try to get a headshot.

You DO NOT have to get three full triangles in every mission to hit 10 on Triad.

Thanks.

What he said, plus I'm going for a massage to up my multiplier but I'm getting no XP :(

I'm not really wanting to waste MSP on the DLC to gain more XP. On a plus side I hope the new DLC will allow up to level up

Go to Social Hub and see which missions you've done with the lowest Triad scores, then replay those to try to raise your levels. Here are some tips that help.

If you've found all the jade statues and have gotten the Dim Mak move from the sifu, then use it, like, in every fight. It's an instant takedown. Then hold B to pick the guy up and break a limb with b,x,x,x. You get much higher scores that way.

In gunfights, always try to get a headshot.

You DO NOT have to get three full triangles in every mission to hit 10 on Triad.

My method was somewhat the same. I does things that's would give me more XP also wearing clothes. But question is I'm about 3/4 way into the game and my face, cops and triads levels is at 10. I've unlock all the melee upgrade and all collectibles are collected. But I cannot upgrade my cops and triads upgrade. There's 1 of the cops upgrade is lock and 3 of the triads upgrade is lock. Is my game glitch or does the upgrades becomes available to unlock after certain parts in the game?

plus I'm going for a massage to up my multiplier but I'm getting no XP :(

The massages only increase your face exp, not triad or cop exp. The only way to increase Triad exp is to wear a full set of clothes (torso, pants, and shoes) that has the Triad +% modifier.

Blue Lantern set +5%

Red Pole set +10%

Mountain Master set +15%

If you don't have a full set, go stop off at the clothing shops until you find them.

My first playthrough I wore the melee damage sets because I was having problems with the Drug Bust fights. I recommend getting the Triad exp sets as early as you can and wearing them the entire game. Gave me a lot less stress replaying missions at the end of my second playthrough.

My method was somewhat the same. I does things that's would give me more XP also wearing clothes. But question is I'm about 3/4 way into the game and my face, cops and triads levels is at 10. I've unlock all the melee upgrade and all collectibles are collected. But I cannot upgrade my cops and triads upgrade. There's 1 of the cops upgrade is lock and 3 of the triads upgrade is lock. Is my game glitch or does the upgrades becomes available to unlock after certain parts in the game?

All upgrades unlock when you reach Level 10 so I suspect glitch.

For Triad Experience, which I just got finally.

Here's how to do it.

Wear +15% Triad bonus. Do not purchase Dragon Kick. Don't use environmental kills unless the thug is 99% dead.

Replay missions and do it like this:

Combat: Dim Mak, Counter and repeat

If Dim Mak doesn't work, Counter, Punch x 3, Heavy Kick

Gunfights: Disarm and headshot if it's a few shooters. If a huge group, just go for headshots.

Chases: You have infinite ammo, shoot the gunmen, then tires, then just keep unloading on vehicle for more points.

That should do it. Not too difficult once you know how to get it.

this is causing me so much damn grief. I've replayed 5 different missions while wearing the 15%+ clothes and I've gained less than half the bar that I need. I'm doing all the things suggested and its hardly making a difference at all.

edit: Finally got it, had to play almost half the missions to get that lousy half bar. I thought my last few mop up achieves tonight was only going to take a hour or so, i spent the entire night mopping up. Glad its over.

Edited by HDresden
more info

I've gone through my missions and you need 3 triangles on at least 25/30 missions for level 10 and the rest at 2 1/2 triangles. It's not hard if you always go for headshots/disarms when shooting and when in hand to hand combat, try breaking llimbs/throwing them to the ground before using the environment to finish them off for big points.

** minor spoilers **

For those who are trying to gain triad xp, I found a fairly easy/fun way to do it. Load up the mission Loose Ends. This is the one where a dude tried to pay Jackie with a motorcycle & you have to confront him. I don't remember the guy's name, but he's not a major player. Anyway, once you chase him down & throw him in the trunk, you're supposed to evade his gang & then call Teng to finish the mission. DON'T CALL TENG. You'll have unlimited ammo & can shoot up anything as long as you don't make the call. Eventually there will be no more triad vehicles, but you can still shoot civilian vehicles and get triad xp for destroying a vehicle. This also helps toward the wrecking vehicles medal should you need it. I was driving around forever shooting up civilian vehicles. The parked & unoccupied ones didn't give me triad xp, but the ones with a driver did. You don't get a lot of xp per vehicle, but at least it's fun driving around shooting up things. At least I thought so compared to replaying missions & breaking limbs.

** minor spoilers **

For those who are trying to gain triad xp, I found a fairly easy/fun way to do it. Load up the mission Loose Ends. This is the one where a dude tried to pay Jackie with a motorcycle & you have to confront him. I don't remember the guy's name, but he's not a major player. Anyway, once you chase him down & throw him in the trunk, you're supposed to evade his gang & then call Teng to finish the mission. DON'T CALL TENG. You'll have unlimited ammo & can shoot up anything as long as you don't make the call. Eventually there will be no more triad vehicles, but you can still shoot civilian vehicles and get triad xp for destroying a vehicle. This also helps toward the wrecking vehicles medal should you need it. I was driving around forever shooting up civilian vehicles. The parked & unoccupied ones didn't give me triad xp, but the ones with a driver did. You don't get a lot of xp per vehicle, but at least it's fun driving around shooting up things. At least I thought so compared to replaying missions & breaking limbs.

Thanks dude, I'm gonna try that tomorrow!

** minor spoilers **

That didn't work for me. I did get 25 triad xp for each civilian car I destroyed, so I blew up a couple hundred of them. But when the mission ended, I barely made any progress on my triad xp bar. I think once you max out the 3 stars for the mission, it doesn't count anything after that. But I am in the global top 10 for "Wrecker" after doing this. :cool:

My tip would be to replay missions with lots of fighting so you can earn more xp before the 3 stars max out. Final Kill brought me up quite a bit and finally made me hit level 10.

Seriously, I don't know why people are finding ways to get traid XP in a hard way. The time spent in frustration of having to redo the missions hoping to get a little bit more of the red triangle could be better spent elsewhere.

Just buy one DLC for 240MSP and have the XP gain, and you're done. I was at Level 6 with 5 missions to go. Bought it, went up to Level 9, did the last few missions. Done. I could play the missions as carelessly as I could without having to worry about getting points. Really much more fun than trying to not use guns in gunfights and trying to break limbs, blow up cars deliberately, etc.

I understand this sentiment about not wanting to spend. But if it has been forever and you're still not getting Level 10, just buy the gold pack and move on. You'll be a happier person after that.

All this talk of "after-play" makes me mucho nervoso:(

Don't be. Tbh I don't even really understand how people have been having problems O.o;;;

I mean I guess I did get the +15% triad xp set when I could (I guess maybe halfway through the missions or something). But then I hit triad level 9 a few missions before the last one and ended up just a tiny tiny amount away from level 10 before the last mission and so with the last mission easily achieved level 10.

I guess I was aware of my triad score during missions so in fights I would sometimes rack my score up. But I would often use environmental objects just because they were fun, sometimes couldn't be bothered with headshots etc.

So yea just get the +15% triad XP set when you can.

I will say the game is definitely unbalanced with XP though. I achieved Level 10 face before I even had the second apartment (I guess just like 7-8 missions in or something) and level 10 cop while I was still only level 5/6 triad.

I dont understand the issue anyways other than the acheivement. I was only Level 8 Triad at the end of the game and beat it that way. It's not like it was required to beat the game.

And replaying the old misisons is a surefire way to get the best scores. I went back and replayed Intensive Care today to get my FLuid Striker Gold, and just screwing around I tripled my score from the first time around (1st time thru the game I just blew thru everything without caring about the score). Every misison I have replayed I have at least doubled my Triad score.

I just had a really weird thing happen on my game, I was level 7 triad then i did the mission called buried alive. Although I only got 1 1/2 triangles I some how shot to 1/4 of the way past level 9 :/ but I'm not complaining got 3 or 4 missions left so hopefully will hit level 10! :D

Thanks.

any missions you dont have 3 stars on are the 1s you want to get done, they dont all have to be complete but redo those missions getting as high a score as possible, i just finished it today by doing it that way

Is it just me? I think there is a limit to the Exp you can get from a mission.

I tried replaying missions that I have maxed out the Traid scores, I got no Exp at all!

And I think there are limits to the Triad scores too.

After I have filled the 3 triangles, doing anything will still show that "+xx" message, but it will not give you any extra Exp.

Yes you can reach high total mission scores , but once you have maxed out a mission, doing so will get you no Extra Exp.

That's what I got so far and I am at 9.5 level.

Seriously, I don't know why people are finding ways to get traid XP in a hard way. The time spent in frustration of having to redo the missions hoping to get a little bit more of the red triangle could be better spent elsewhere.

Just buy one DLC for 240MSP and have the XP gain, and you're done. I was at Level 6 with 5 missions to go. Bought it, went up to Level 9, did the last few missions. Done. I could play the missions as carelessly as I could without having to worry about getting points. Really much more fun than trying to not use guns in gunfights and trying to break limbs, blow up cars deliberately, etc.

I understand this sentiment about not wanting to spend. But if it has been forever and you're still not getting Level 10, just buy the gold pack and move on. You'll be a happier person after that.

The top dog silver pack is only 160mps. I was at the start of level 9 and it was enough to take me to level 10 so Im happy.

Just gotta find out where the hell the last 5 events are on my map then ive got the full 1000 now.