Lt Col Burns on HARD Mode Suggestions

Sebehk

I know he's the "easier" boss compared to the two Bogeys in the next section (5-3), but I have reached my roadblock for this game. I have tried at least 25 times to defeat Burns and no success. I see plenty of talk/threads against the Bogeys, but none for Burns.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--->Robert

8-)

I know he's the "easier" boss compared to the two Bogeys in the next section (5-3), but I have reached my roadblock for this game. I have tried at least 25 times to defeat Burns and no success. I see plenty of talk/threads against the Bogeys, but none for Burns.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not bragging as I'm never the best player, but I defeated him on Hard on 1st try without even refering to a walkthrough. Burns isn't really difficult to defeat at all, compared to the dual-Bogey fight.

The skills are simple: just stay behind cover and when he is not shielding himself, enter AR mode and use the Assault Rifle / HMG / Rocket Launcher or any weapon you're comfortable with on him. Take your time to wear him bit by bit, and kill any marines around him. The battle isn't timed so no pressure indeed.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

First, take a brake from the game. Any game that is giving you problems and repeated deaths is going to frustrate you and if you are like me, or just about any person, when we get frustrated we tend to rush things and underperform.

Two, Im sure you know this, but im going to say it anway: You got to constantly move, this game is all about movement, and following a pattern of movement. Standing still, hiding in cover too long, and staying in one general area will get you dead. Also use those cigarettes, people always forget about them, but they can definately provide a much needed distraction to move into or out of cover or even sneak in a few shots.

You will beat him, he really isnt that hard...enjoy the bogey fight, you might want to have an extra controller on stand-bye, LOL. Oh and have fun with the six challenges as well, ive yet to pass the fifth.

• 2 weeks later...

I restarted the mission and landed back to chasing Burns. I changed my weapons to Rocket Launcher and LFE Gun. I died 3 times before finally defeating Burns.

Then with the two Bogeys, I upgraded the Rocket Launcher to maximum by grabbing the extra Rocket Launcher on the left side and then dying. After that, I was able to use the Rocket Launcher on only ONE Bogey (I chose the red one), and reequipped it. I do believe it was 5 rockets that took him out. The last Bogey (blue) I used the LFE Gun and Boost-melee him. DONE! :biglaugh

I'm not going to even try the Tactical Challenges. :eek:

Now to get the annoying Fly Swatter achievement that, for some reason, I cannot get it right. :confused:

--->Robert

8-)

If you're going for Flyswatter, one tip is that the sniper rifle bullets do not immediately hit the target - there's a time lag between firing and the bullets reaching the floating turrets, so point your sniper rifle slightly AHEAD of their paths, as soon as you see them appear on the right hand side of the screen.

If you can beat the 2 Bogeys on hard, then you may at least stand a chance in Challenge 6 I would say.