Your top 10 weapons!

Slaughter.

Hi guys. I didn't see any thread like this in recent discussions on this forum. So I wanted to start one of my own! Here are my top 10 weapons in Dark Souls.

10. Black Knight Halberd

An awesome looking weapon with good reach and high sheer damage output. Even though it doesn't have the best scaling with a D in both STR and DEX, and it has high stat requirements.

9. Zweihander

Not the best weapon aesthetically, but it has extremely good reach and very high damage, especially considering its relatively low stat requirement, decent scaling, light weight, and a staggering heavy attack. It's also available when you get to Firelink to boot.

8. Uchigatana

There are four katanas in Dark Souls. All of which are great weapons, but the Uchigatana. It's graceful, fast, and has an A scaling in DEX. It's only draw back is that it has low durability.

7. Demon Greataxe

At first glance, you will see an underwhelming great axe with relatively low damage. However, when fully upgraded to +15, it has one of the highest damage outputs in the game with an S scaling in STR.

6. Moonlight Greatsword

A no brainer for sorcerers. With very low physical requirements, it deals an absolutely brutal amount of damage. With an S-scaling in INT, it deals a devastating amount of magic damage. Mages should have a back up weapon for enemies resistant to magic.

5. Black Knight Sword

Although its a rare drop from the Black Knights, when you take high damage, quick attacks, and decent scaling, you're looking at a great weapon. It does over 400 damage per swing when upgraded to +5.

4. Balder Side Sword

A rare drop from the balder knights, this sword is such a graceful boss killer. It does exclusively thrusting damage, so the Old Leo Ring will strengthen it quite a bit. When upgraded to plus +15, it will devastate. It's also very fast and looks pretty badass to boot.

3. Great Club

Not only does this weapon look ugly, it's also not very graceful at all. But that's fine, because when upgraded to +15, this weapon does 336 base damage + an A scaling in strength (adding another 333 damage). This weapon will stagger bosses as well as devastate them. Their health will go down very fast with this weapon.

2. Obsidian Greatsword

A tricky tail cut weapon, but the reward is worth the risk. The weapon does a LOT of damage for how fast it is. It is a dragon weapon, so it doesn't have any scaling, but it is one of the best weapon aesthetically.

1. Great Scythe

This weapon looks cool, has a great move set, great scaling, great reach, bleeding, and is very effective at murdering bosses or any body foolish enough to stand in your way.

Edited by Slaughter.
Wrong "their"

Unlikely to be in the correct order, but:

• Channeler's Trident

http://x4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/gt+Post+content+gt+Go+to+bed+gt+Come+_c412176682bc6494a5968324030a1c9a.gif

• Kellog's Fury Sword

Not the best weapon, but simply on looks alone it's one of my favourites. The only weapon in the game that has a fire effect as you swing it.

• Estoc

The slowest rapier, but it easily has the longest reach.

• Golem Axe

Simply because of how fun the special attack is to use.

• Obsidian Greatsword

It's a dragon weapon that can be buffed and has a shockwave special attack, what's not to love about this?

• Black Knight Sword

Ridiculously powerful weapon that can be obtained early game, like most black knight weapons. However, it's the speed and the weight compared to the others along with a nice moveset that makes this one of my favourite.

• Stone Greatsword

All the effects of TwoP without the visible effects. Good for blindsiding people.

• Shotel

An amazing weapon for fighting new players, the panic you see once they realise they can't turtle is priceless...

• Uchigatana

A katana only slightly below the Chaos Blade but without the annoyances that come with it. Bleed buildup, thrusting attacks and decent amount of damage. Possibly the most popular PvP weapon.

• Moonlight Greatsword

A viable melee weapon for a sorcerer, has 2 special power attacks and only weighs 6. Was my favourite in DS2 until it was nerfed.

Note: I haven't have much experience using the Gold/Silver tracer, but given the Gold's moveset and the Silver's critical, they're obviously very useful weapons. That and the fact they're used constantly in PvP.

Honourable mentions

-Claymore
    -Black knight greataxe/halberd
    -Gravelord sword
    -Ricard's Rapier
    -Velka's Rapier
    -Grant
    -Dragon Kinge greataxe
    -Demon's Greataxe

Edited by Seraph Xii

• 2 weeks later...

10. Reinforced Club

Can be purchased early from the merchant in Undead Burg. Only requires 12 STR, has Bleed. Fully upgraded, it is a surprisingly viable weapon for an entire playthrough. Recommended for SL 1 runs.

09. Uchigatana

Preferred DEX weapon for it's moveset and Bleed. Also obtainable early and minimal Stat investment required to use it.

08. Claymore

Another weapon easy to obtain early on and very viable for entire playthrough. Excellent moveset, low weight and minimal Stat investment needed.

07. Great Scythe

Generally not a fan of this weapons moveset, but still the best DEX weapon in the game. And, again, obtainable as soon as you reach Lordran.

06. Quelaag's Furysword

Being predominantly fire-based damage, this weapon does have some limitations, but it is extremely fast and will work in most situations. Fully upgraded (and with other buffs applied), you can easily destroy The Four Kings.

05. Great Club

High STR and weight needed for this, but obtainable early. Very high damage output and a lot of fun to use.

04. Butcher's Knife

Again, can be obtained very early and is a surprisingly effective weapon. Used it for a novelty build and found that I actually loved this weapon.

03. Obsidian Greatsword

I would have this at number 1, but since it requires the DLC, I put it here instead. This weapon is technically, in my opinion, the best weapon in the game. Requirements are not very high, weight is manageable, two-handed strong attack is very effective and damage output is high. The only real drawback is that it upgrades with Dragon Scales, so it is expensive to max it out, but well worth it. This weapon is viable for ANY build.

02. Black Knight Halberd

Very high damage output and amazingly fast for it's size (so long as you don't miss your target). Can be obtained very early, but has high weight and STR requirements.

01. Black Knight Sword

Easily on par with the Halberd once both are upgraded to +5. Less reach than the Halberd, but has lower weight and Stat requirements and is possible to obtain almost as soon as you reach Lordran (with some luck) and you have two other opportunities in the Asylum should you return there before having to wait until end-game. This is my preferred melee weapon for just about any playthrough. Is also viable for ANY build-type.

Edited by XperimntNterror

• 8 months later...

Here is my top 10 weapons, mostly for PvE (I don't PvP much)

10. Longsword - Nothing fancy here, but at +15 used it most of my NG++ playthrough and loved every minute of it. Good move set and really good damage.

9. Quelaag's Furysword - Fun to use sword with a high dps, and looks sweet.

8. Great Club - Nothing like splattering enemies with a tree lol.

7. Gargoyle's Halberd - I upgraded this down the fire path to +10 and tears apart certain bosses and lots of enemies. The resistance boost are a nice bonus.

6. Zweihander - Finally started using this gem on NG+++ and it flattens anything in a large radius. Plus it can be found very early in the game.

5. Demon's Greataxe - The hidden gem among strength builds. This weapon is a beast.

4. Great Scythe - This weapon has good everything scaling , range, damage, and bleed.

3. Black Knight Sword - I got this from the Black Knight at Undead Burg on my very first playthrough and it carried me the whole way. I have a soft spot for it.

2. Uchigatana - Best katana, nuff said

1. Greatsword of Artorias - With the right character build I found this the best weapon as far as damage, bar none. I poop on the Four Kings routinely with this weapon.

Edited by MasterNinja33

Fuck order. These are just weapons I have particular attachment to.

• Black Knight Halberd
    Best weapon in the game, easily OP against most enemies and bosses. Wouldn't trade it for anything else in terms of PvE
  • Club
    Since I always pick Deprived, this is my starting weapon and thus the first to kick ass. Good STR parameter and at +10 a formidable weapon
  • Black Knight Sword
    Breaks the game if you get it from the first Knight, a true damage dealer
  • Uchigatana
    Who am I kidding, I love being a ninja
  • Dragon Tooth
    Stop the rock, stop the rock you can't stop, the rock, you can't stop the rock...
  • Sunlight Straight Sword
    Praaaiiise the Sun!!!! Seriously, just fits Solaire's armor. Too bad his shield is balls-ugly
  • Dragon King Greataxe
    I love using this thing's special when fighting in the Anor Londo cathedral bonfire
  • Great Lord Greatsword
    Who doesn't want to resemble Gwyn? Powerful as hell sword, great for shoving through people's torsos
  • Titanite Catch Pole
    Honestly, it's a filler for the Black Knight Halberd until obtained. Good weapon, but it takes a bit to upgrade and soon loses its charm late-game
  • Gravelord Sword
    Good for those who couldn't find the Black Knight Sword and couldn't be arsed to get the Drake Sword or upgrade their starter. Plus, Gravelordin'

Fuck order. These are just weapons I have particular attachment to.

• Black Knight Halberd
    Best weapon in the game, easily OP against most enemies and bosses. Wouldn't trade it for anything else in terms of PvE
  • Club
    Since I always pick Deprived, this is my starting weapon and thus the first to kick ass. Good STR parameter and at +10 a formidable weapon
  • Black Knight Sword
  • Uchigatana
    Who am I kidding, I love being a ninja
  • Dragon Tooth
    Stop the rock, stop the rock you can't stop, the rock, you can't stop the rock...
  • Sunlight Straight Sword
    Praaaiiise the Sun!!!! Seriously, just fits Solaire's armor. Too bad his shield is balls-ugly
  • Dragon King Greataxe
    I love using this thing's special when fighting in the Anor Londo cathedral bonfire
  • Great Lord Greatsword
    Who doesn't want to resemble Gwyn? Powerful as hell sword, great for shoving through people's torsos
  • Titanite Catch Pole
    Honestly, it's a filler for the Black Knight Halberd until obtained. Good weapon, but it takes a bit to upgrade and soon loses its charm late-game
  • Gravelord Sword
    Good for those who couldn't find the Black Knight Sword and couldn't be arsed to get the Drake Sword or upgrade their starter. Plus, Gravelordin'

Great Lord Greatsword is definitely underrated, been using that one a bunch lately and butchering everything. Probably should update my top 10 lol

• 3 weeks later...

• Black Knight Sword

This. After getting the Drake Sword and breezing along for quite a while, I got this monster and wrecked everything during my first playthrough. I never even really experimented with any other weapons until about halfway through NG+.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
No need for 10 when you only need one: Black Knight Sword +5...of course, I could copy and paste that for you 9 more times.

It is indeed one of the best esp. on the first playthrough and obtained as a rare drop early on. But NG+ onward, it is not so good against agile bosses. In those cases I switched to Iaito, buffed with Sunlight Blade, worked really well.

• 4 months later...