Help! - The Final Climb

I am seriously stuck on this one. Played it for about 2 hours last night, still couldnt get through.

Most of the time I can get up the first "wall jump" waterfall and then across the two ice poles and onto the beam. At that point there are a pair of waterfalls and then an ice pole to get to. I'm assuming you jump through the first waterfall, freeze, jump back to the first one, then jump and unfreeze out through the second one, freeze and grab the poll. Seems like the only logical way.

However..... I can never make it to the pole. I always fall just short and end up dying.

Can someone PLEASE post a video of them doing this last level. I watched the HD trailer and it cuts to a different point JUST as this part would be coming up. :(

TIA

-Joel

You got it right. A video guide wont help. The only thing that you can take a little comfort in is that there are check points on the way up.Also, dont worry about keeping your health and energy full, you have plenty of chances once your up to refill everything.

From the beam. Jump through first water fall, freeze, run-climb second water fall, jump back to first, quick jump through second, freeze pole and swing.

If this doesnt work, you have to freeze climb each fall once.

Edited by crazyea

well now! With the help of crazyea I have beaten this game. My issue was that I was either wall running both ice walls or quick jumping both ice walls. By wall running the far ice wall and then quickjumping off the first one i was able to get to the ice pole on my first try. Didn't get the invincible achievement but ill do that on easy the next time through. When I do it on easy I'll do a vid cap of the final climb in case anyone else is having trouble.

Thanks guys!

THATS IT - i have really enjoyed this game until know i have been trying to do this 1 glitchy fucking waterfall for nearly 2 hours in the final climb and its not fucking working i have tried nearly every single combination i have even gone through the water pole when it is FROZEN and nothing it i cant get passed the 2nd set of waterfalls what chance have for the rest of this level ?! i don't know if its a glitch all i know is its pissing me off and there is people saying different ways and methods ! can some one plz put me out of my misery and do a quick video guide thank you it will be much appreciated. Iam not having ago at any 1 but this shitty level is driving me insane lol

thx - jimbo

I can only offer some tips. The camera is your enemy on this part. My descriptions are confusing, but there's no other way to describe it.

-When you have to wall run/jump up frozen water falls, you can either hold RT (which will cause you to run up), then press A at the top of your wall run, or you can press A in the middle of your wall run. I would always press A at the top of my run, which would cause me to overjump my target.

-Usually when there's 3 water falls, you have you jump through the 1st one, freeze and jump off the 2nd one, jump back on the 1st run (while frozen), then jump off the frozen 1st one, and jump through the 2nd one (while unfrozen), jump off the 3rd one (now frozen), jump off the 2nd one, and jump through the 3rd one (now unfrozen).

Usually when there's 2 water falls and a vertical water sprout, you have you jump through the 1st water fall, freeze and jump off the 2nd one, jump back on the 1st run (while frozen), then jump off the frozen 1st one, and jump through the 2nd one (while unfrozen) and grab the water sprout (while frozen).

-Towards the end, you'll be on a ledge, and 3 water falls will be your next obstacle. You'll do the same strategies I mentioned above, but once you jump through the 3rd waterfall, you'll press B and jump onto a vulture that is practically off screen.

I hope that helps (if you understood it).

THATS IT - i have really enjoyed this game until know i have been trying to do this 1 glitchy fucking waterfall for nearly 2 hours in the final climb and its not fucking working i have tried nearly every single combination i have even gone through the water pole when it is FROZEN and nothing it i cant get passed the 2nd set of waterfalls what chance have for the rest of this level ?! i don't know if its a glitch all i know is its pissing me off and there is people saying different ways and methods ! can some one plz put me out of my misery and do a quick video guide thank you it will be much appreciated. Iam not having ago at any 1 but this shitty level is driving me insane lol

thx - jimbo

If you can get past the first part the rest of it is smooth sailing, plus there are LOTS of save points.

ah man, I just set up my camera (dont have a capture card but have a flip camera) to record and hit continue and remembered that I had started a new game last night :( I wont be back to that part until I can get some time to work on it on sunday. I'll post it up when I get back to that point.

Hay thx 4 the help guys, I am still persisting this morning still not not working if someone could post me a vid right at the start of the final climb to help me it would be so appreciated thx ill keep trying I am doing your methods but most times I am either way to short of the water pole or too long, and the times I am have got it right when its frozen it looks like i just kinda go through it. a vid will be so appreciated + i think when more people pick this up i reckon a little walkthrough here will come in handy thx 4 the advise peeps back to it.

TALK ABOUT PERSEVERANCE LOL that bit was so fucking dodgy and poorly designed where is the game tester for games do they not say anything ! lol i dno i got there the rest has been fairly easy so far i have just pressed a pressure plate that releases spoutsand waterfalls so betta get trying lol thx to all u guys for the help appreciate it. thx see if i can finish this bad boy.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a video of this (and all the levels) at video games blogger http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2010/05/18/prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-walkthrough-video-guide-xbox-360-ps3-pc.htm

This shows you how to get through the level fairly easily.

I found that using 3 jumps works the best. Jump onto the freezing waterfall, jump off onto the other side and jump back through the waterfall onto the waterspout.

You don't need to wall run up the waterfalls as this just complicates the matter. With a bit of luck and some good timing this is fairly easy.

I think this was one of the best parts of the game, at least in testing your skills. It's not glitchy or bad-designed, it requires good timing. That's all.

Jump through first waterfall - freeze - get Prince to touch the second but DON'T use :rtbut:, instead jump back quickly with :abut: - press :abut: again - let go of freeze - go through second waterfall - freeze etc etc

I found that it was easier when you don't use :rtbut: to climb up the walls. Just press :abut:, he will get higher by bouncing off the walls. Don't worry about the freeze time, I got this easily without upgrading this power at all.

Just keep trying! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm ready to give up too, I can get through the first 3 waterfalls to the pole, but when I get to reaching the 3rd waterfall

if the 2nd set it's too far to jump to it.

It's driving me mad!

Yepp.,same here.

Know what do do but im not skilled enough to make it work.

Have been trying for too long now that i give up on ending the game.

But it was fun though up to this part.

But i have to make peace with myself and admit its to f#####g hard for me.

Too bad though, i had fixed everything up to this point but peace of mind is a state of mind to important to let a game wreck it.

• 2 weeks later...