Most annoying achievement??

Swyer87

Firstly i just want to say that the game developers want shot for these achievements! I have no problem with difficult achievements but when you can do something perfect and still 9 times out of ten fail due to luck, then the developers need to take a look at themselves!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game doing both the stealth and the all guns blazing play-throughs but this dlc has tainted the memory of a great game! I must have put double the amount of hours into the dlc then the game itself! Hopefully the next lot of story related dlc will bring back the enjoyment of what was such a good game?!

I was just wondering what peoples opinions on the top 3 most annoying achievements? Now that i have finally got all of them i would say they were:

1. By my hand alone

2. Headhunter

3. Daredevil

I must say i have great respect for all who has completed this DLC!

Definitely

1. Daredevil

Have yet to get one despite watching youtube videos and following guides

2. By my hand alone

Why have faction wars...it almost makes it pointless you being there

3. Headhunter

I can get every other one except for that damn guard who climbs the spiral stairs off in the distance

Definitely

1. Daredevil

Have yet to get one despite watching youtube videos and following guides

I think you must be going wrong somewhere, if you do it right the first 2 beams which are consistent can be tricky jumps. There is a video on youtube, i think he is called cooperfication or something like that.

Definitely Headhunter. Getting a headshot on that assassin that constantly walks up the stairs seemed very difficult to me. Even when I adjusted for gravity drop, it would always kill the guy and not award me with a headshot.

Daredevil would be the second hardest because it is extremely dependent on where the checkpoints spawn at. Speaking of the Bonfires challenge, getting three stars on the expert version of it was also frustratingly hard. Nothing more fun than getting sucked in by their magic when you're close to achieving three stars.

Definitely Daredevil for me, i spent more time and retries on that than on By My Hand Alone. I bought this game about a month ago and thought i would buy the Trials while they were on sale, i haven't even started the main game yet because i want to get the trials DLC finished first.

3 more trials to go and thankfully they are some of the easiest.

I tip my hat to all of you that have "By My hand..."

I've been trying for a solid week and I just cannot get it. Something stupid always stops me.

Arkane, "your achievement is bad and you should feel bad!"

*** Edit 4/22 ***

Holy crap!!! I just got it! What a giant pain.

Edited by InvalidAddress
woot!!!

I don't see all the clamor about glitches and whatnot with Headhunter. Took me about six really good tries to do it. The first time I got the guy on the stair case I got it. Pretty much every other room was a cake walk. I never had it not register a headshot.

Daredevil on the other hand was a bitch and a half to do. And currently By My Hands is giving me a headache. But oddly enough the most infuriating achievement thus far has been Time Management. It shouldn't be difficult. But holy shit did I replay Bend Time Massacre something like 100 times to get that one. I got so good at it I'm 3rd in the world on the leaderboards on 360.

Most annoying achievement? Jesus...... all of them, by far the hardest achievements I've tried to do, done about 12 hours up to now and only got 4 of them. Still I suppose you could look at like you've got your money's worth out of a DLC for a change with how many hours it takes to do it all.

• 3 weeks later...

This has got to be the hardest and by far the most annoying purely for the bonfires 3 star expert its just ridiculous, the hardest challenge by far. Been on it 5 days now and having no luck with the assassins what so ever and that's bad news for a game that relies on luck for completing it. This DLC has totally spoilt this game.

• 2 months later...

I will have to say By my hand alone and Daredevil, head hunter is just a matter of a steady hand.

By my hand alone

I spend 3 days on it. 5 hours the first night, 6 the next one and finally 4 the following. i think i practice enough to know how to fight each enemy i master killing every one from rounds 1 to 8. managed to get untouched from rounds 1 through about 5 or 7. I will just hide and grenade the crap out of round 8. i used bend time from rounds 9 on.

Head hunter is a matter of practice as long as you can get the one guy in the spiral stairs i will have to say i got lucky.

Finally Daredevil...Jeeeez that one is the tough one but it just takes a lot of practice.

It just got to the point that you play it enough that you just are naturally good at it. once i hit the 30k marker i just quit. did not even try to go further.

Just Keep at it...Respect for those that can be up there on the top of the leaderboard and those that can 100% the trials without failure. pretty sure if i play enough i can be good too.

• 2 weeks later...

This was the worst most ballbusting random/hard dlc I've ever played. Getting all the achievements took like twice as long than the actual game but I'm finally finished. With that being said I'd say for me the most annoying was:

1. By my hand alone- I must have ran this 100 times before I got it. Skill only matters a little bit, the rest is spawns and locations

even if you're doing well, a weeper can get one shot like 2 seconds into a wave and you still have to manage health and mana.

2. Void Star- Bonfires Expert. I don't have to say anything about this other than the only thing that matters is where lights spawn. Getting 27-28k and getting lights in a group of 3 assassins was horrible. Burglar expert was pretty shitty too only because each try takes like 15 minutes.

3. Daredevil - You can memorize the map, you can memorize the light locations, you can memorize the trick jumps. Too bad none of that is more important that where they spawn, you only get it when its that one perfect run. I must have completed it with 5/6 like 50 times.

4. Headhunter- Actually not as bad as I thought, everything is pretty easy and consistent , just practice the stair assassin and don't make the mistake of not glitching the last room, I was stuck just on that part until I found out you can skip it.

Now to knife of dunwall.

Good luck

Edited by Mega Jinx