Question About Nightmare Difficulty Achievement

Tim1601

I tried the search function and couldn't find this specific question so...

Do I have to play from start to finish on nightmare for it to unlock or can I do something else and then continue nightmare with the episode select and still get the achievement?

Do I have to play from start to finish on nightmare for it to unlock or can I do something else and then continue nightmare with the episode select and still get the achievement?

You don't neccessarily have to play from start to finish in one sitting, but starting a game on nightmare setting and then going to a episode select will delete your previous checkpoint. So you must complete the episode you were working on before moving on to whatever else you wish to do.

You don't neccessarily have to play from start to finish in one sitting, but starting a game on nightmare setting and then going to a episode select will delete your previous checkpoint. So you must complete the episode you were working on before moving on to whatever else you wish to do.
My nightmare run is also a mop up and I stopped paying attention and missed a thermos. I might already have it...but I didn't go to the location to confirm it.

So to unlock the achievement I just need to complete the last chapter on nightmare under any circumstance? Considering you can't get to the last chapter on nightmare without playing the rest on nightmare right?

So to unlock the achievement I just need to complete the last chapter on nightmare under any circumstance? Considering you can't get to the last chapter on nightmare without playing the rest on nightmare right?

I believe every chapter is available on nightmare mode once you beat the game on normal/hard. So I don't know if going just to the last level will net you the achievement. You don't remember what episodes you already completed on Nightmare difficulty?

I believe every chapter is available on nightmare mode once you beat the game on normal/hard. So I don't know if going just to the last level will net you the achievement. You don't remember what episodes you already completed on Nightmare difficulty?
They're not unlocked in nightmare until you reach them on nightmare.

I realised while I was playing that they'd have to allow for people to restart levels if they screw themselves over by running out of ammo. So it's probably fine.

Edit: Confirmed - Achievement unlocked.

Edited by Tim1601