Honest review :)

PANIC ATTACK 10

well this has mixed feelings from me. so heres what i think.

you do a fitness test at start of game. this cannot be avoided! it puts you in a class per say. then based off of how you did & your age,extra. it gives you a workout suggestion.

you get 30 or 60 day workouts. you can even create your own.

each trainer has their specialty. you can send challenges to online friends list only. hit the mitts is a good start. also heavy bag,tire flips extra are all here.

workouts have a great balance of cardio, stregth extra. you can just focus on one too.

the only 2 things i have to say negative sbout this are. you MUST be in shape! dont even try this unless you are!

the other thing is the amount of space needed is rediculous.

i cant do pushups as it forces you to face the kinect. so i can do everything but the pushups.

its a shame they did it that way. as some pushups need to be done sideways <T-pushups>.

it would have been better if they kept it sideways. like the situps. as it is you'd need 15 ft or more. depending on how tall you are.

this takes a great workout game & makes it a decent one. space is important to consider as not everyone lives in manssions!

now that out of the way. this is in fact an incrediable workout.

warmups & cooldowns are intense! the mountain clmbers will get ya if not in shape!

i was really looking forward to this. sadly, due to lack of space, i cannot gain the full benefit from this awesome game.

devs take note, we all dont live in mansions!

though this is one of the best workouts on the market. it suffers from space issues that the others dont.

smart use of space here would hsve been a nice touch.

the cal counter is off too. so just know you had a good workout from how you feel.

so you have programs, 30,60 days & custom. plus you can send challenges like hit the mitts. which is a nice touch.

also the use of weights & rewarding you for extra effort is a nice touch too.

great, well put together programs. that suffers from space issues. that being said i'm giving this a 9/10 due to space issues & need to be in shape. instead of helping you get in shape.

so rent it & see if its for you. i enjoy it. but not as much if i owned a massion lol. yes i'm in great shape & 45yrs. hope this helps :)

I don't disagree with most of what you said but you'd be remiss in not mentioning the super neat-o feature where the game resets your stats to ZERO, or worse to -33,000. Which for some of us is super fu*king annoying.

If done right the workouts are really good and intense [i'm 46 and definitely seeing the benefits of this and a change in diet].

The recognition works 98% of the time for me, but proper lighting is important or you'll be pulling your hair out.

Unless you have no soul and 'cheat' the achievements, it will take a long time to 1K. Although right now that's seemingly impossible because the last achievement appears to be glitched.

I don't disagree with most of what you said but you'd be remiss in not mentioning the super neat-o feature where the game resets your stats to ZERO, or worse to -33,000. Which for some of us is super fu*king annoying.

If done right the workouts are really good and intense [i'm 46 and definitely seeing the benefits of this and a change in diet].

The recognition works 98% of the time for me, but proper lighting is important or you'll be pulling your hair out.

Unless you have no soul and 'cheat' the achievements, it will take a long time to 1K. Although right now that's seemingly impossible because the last achievement appears to be glitched.

i agree 100% & thanks for pointing those things out too.

lights i use 3-way lamps. i have 2 one on each side.

they go 50,100,150 watts. i find i need 100 watts for this to work.

funny how games like rise of nightmares uses no lights. yet other games need ALOT of light. go figure!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about the 9 out of 10 but maybe a 6.5-7? The the early workouts are about 5 minutes warm up, 5 minutes exercise, and 5 minutes stretching. The warmups and stretching are majorly repetitive, and the dialog is insufferably repetitive-especially the female trainer. I'm doing this as a supplement to other weight based workouts, so I think there is a benefit to having this game. We'll see if the workouts improve with higher difficulty levels. Wish the Kinect detection was better on floor exercises!

• 3 months later...

i agree the score now should be lower. i say about a 6-7 now. proably a 6. the fact is i cant do the workouts because it wants me to face sensor with pushups. so i cant complete the workouts. as for on the floor detection. mine works juxt fine. i have my kinect on top of the tv. for the time it came out. it deserved this score. now with way better workouts like zumba:rush. its just not up to par now.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one mentioned that the game frequently pauses mid-exercise. This is incredibly frustrating for me and I've heard I'm not the only one who has to deal with this. Also, I can't get the last frigging hit the mitts routine to unlock! I had absolutely no problems getting every one of the earlier routines, but the very last hard routine won't give me credit for 100%'ing it no matter how many times I have! WTF!! It's the last one I need right before an achievement. It's like getting cock blocked, only with gamerscore!

Overall, this game just frustrates me. It sucks.

• 1 year later...

I have the game and honestly i got a mixed feeling about it. I mean i enjoy doing bag and having a virtual bag take the hits since i don't have a real one but thing is i can do pretty much anything and it says i hit it... so its more like a motivator of going 5 mins than anything else.

Pre-Made workouts get on my nerves... too much stretching for little actual exercise... i don't like that you can't chain many work out, of course you can create your own, wich is what i will do eventually cause the default one seem like crap... at least the early ones.

Hit the Mits, i did very few but they worked fine... I think honestly this game is ok, its decent but cash on the UFC liscence more than anything else. Im curious to try the other one like the Jillian something game or your shape.

Honestly all i want is to loose weight and move personally, im not looking to get rip or anything, i just want to get back a bit into shape before entering the actual gym eventually. I want to get back into martial arts but right now im too out of shape. UFC trainer does have some punch and kick combos, wich is cool, but at the same time, it does not repace a sensei.

Im sure ill have more fun when i make my own work out tough...