Completely Lost

Shinobi273

Okay so I played a few hours of the demo and have no idea what I'm doing. I joined a faction but didn't advance after doing a few missions. I made a lot of money but have nothing to spend it on. It would be nice if I could buy another ship but they all say that I don't have the level (same with weapons).

Am I just supposed to progress through the story? I spent a lot of time mining, my AI was level 11. Is it possible to have more than one out at a time?

Are there other actual areas I should be going to? I never went anywhere (outside of missions) from the main station hub with the factions all around.

Perhaps the demo is preventing you from buying the ships. I have the actual retail game and I was able to buy a ship at level 3 from one of the depots. Any depot or faction home base you can buy ships from.

I believe you can only have one AI at a time but they can go much higher. Mine is 21 right now and kicks ass.

I have just been visiting places by defualt because of doing the missions. They send you to crazy places. Try changing factions from Judah. You can get a new ship that way I believe.

Yeah, you can buy awesome ships and weapons in the retail version. I have a level 3 Scorpion I believe its called with some sick rail guns.

You can have an many AI as your ship has Hardpoints ( wep slots :p ) but ofc you lose a wep and you can buy more from the "trade staton" option when you dock with a station.

going from mem at the min as im at work but to level then up press back and high light either the bottom left or top right box press A to select then in the next menu you should be able to see the AI in 1 of the boxes select it and the skill points etc are in the bottom left box assign as wanted.. sorry will edit when i get home and put bit more detail in if your real stuck give me a FR/msg.

loving this game alot best 800points todate xD

Okay so I bought the game, the demo caps sentient level at 11 and prevents you from buying almost everything.

Also, some ships get beam weapons that are fired via the right trigger. Hold down to lock, release to fire. You don't have to charge it all the way up to fire, you can charge partway and aim with the right stick.

Sentients are badass. Leveled up to 32 (max) they tear through enemies up until consortium level 7. At that point I may need to stop using scout class ships or mount some weapons.

Anyone have any success with using the left trigger to lock on?

important note, The AI's rarity seems to restrict its MAX level

Common: 32 uncommon: 40 etc

Oh crap, good tip. Will be buying uncommon from now on and swapping out my two scrubs :p

Anyone seen anything higher than uncommon?

Edited by Shinobi273

• 6 months later...

So I joined a faction and its telling me somehow i missed one of the main story lines as i have been doing these "Side Quests" I need to make it to a shift platform but cant seem to figure that out.... Any ideas I wanted to join one of the factions from the Achievement guide on here but instead I am in the Consortium.... I just want to go to this shift thing to change my faction.. If anyone can help hit me up on here or my gamertag is AriousX any help would be great Im having a hard time this game doesnt really explain too much...

Thanks I figured it out. Just want to make sure that I get all faction skills upgraded and do everything before I start doing all the story stuff so I can 100% the game in one go. Playing to many games at the moment to keep up sometimes lol.