Civilian/Hostage Locations

Frijolie

NOTE:

If civilians/hostages are saved by a partner in co-op, even though it appears both players receive credit for the rescue, the achievement will not unlock.

I ran into this problem myself. However, there is a fix. You just have to go through each level and rescue the hostages again until it unlocks. There's no way to tell which one was rescued by your co-op partner. (Wo)man up and get 'er done!

You can tell which stages you did and did not rescue hostages/civilians.

Yes, you can! At every level section screen there will be a little icon, which resembles a lego head, indicating if you've rescued the hostage/civilian or not. A smiley face :) indicates that you've rescued them and a frowney :( face tells you that you missed them.

Here's the good stuff:

1.1: You Can Bank on Batman

----------------------------

In the first part of the level and a little to the right. You break the windows and rescue the hostage.

1.2: An Icy Reception

---------------------

Use a mind-controller to access security panel on very first part of level on the left.

1.4: A Poisonous Appointment

On the second part and in the last building on the left as you enter. Break the glass and give them a rescue

1.5: Face Off

--------------

In the first part of the map and once you've driven the truck across the bridge. Collect 25 Lego parts and put them in the assembler on the far left of the board past the bank. This allows you to assemble a water tank and three bouncy plants grow. Use the highest plant to make it to a ledge against the cliff on the right and then jump up to another ledge towards the back. Rescue the hostage.

2.1: There She Goes Again

--------------------------

The second part of the level and just after you fight Catwoman for the first time. Glide after her, immediately upon landing, should see a bar attached to the building (near the bottom of the screen). Jump down and rescue the hostage

2.3: Under the City

--------------------

The first part of the map and on the far right hand side past the water tanks.

2.4: Zoo's Company

--------------------

Second part of the map, half way down. Break the glass and slots underneath the windows. Destroy the ice cream stand next to that same building and assemble a technology panel. Go a little further on the board and across the river. Assemble the turtle and head back to the tech panel with Robin. "Drive" the turtle" back to where you are and through the slots and onto the switch in the building which opens the gate. Go through the gate and rescue the hostage.

Edited by Frijolie

2.5: Penguin's Lair

------------------

Continue all the way to the right, gliding across the first lake and using Swimmer in the second lake to make a bridge. Just before you go through the tunnel there's the purp and penguin minion with the hostage in a headlock. "Saaaveeee Meeee!"

3.1: Joker's Home Turf

----------------------

Near the end of the level--to the far right--and just before you fight Mad Hatter, use Joker's hand buzzer to activate an elevator and run to your left saving the damsel in distress

3.2: Little Fun at the Big Top

Second map, near the tea cup merry-go-round on the right is a man in a full nelson. Save him.

3.4: In the Dark Night

---------------------

Third map, just after you assemble the disco robot and crash him through the wall. Jump off of the balcony and head towards your television screen and it's slightly to your right in the back alley.

3.5: To the Top of the Tower

Immediately as you start the level, head to your left or the southwest corner of the the map and save the chick getting roughed up by five guys.

4.1: The Riddler Makes a Withdrawal

-----------------------------------

Second map of the level, just right after you ascend in the elevator with the green door. A guy is holding a woman hostage behind a window with breakable glass. You know what to do! Use a sonic suit to break the glass and get in there and save her!

4.2: On the Rocks

------------------

Second map, just after you use Mr. Freeze to freeze parts of the red liquid and jump up to the next platform. They're against the ice in the right-hand side corner.

Edited by Frijolie

4.3: Green Fingers

------------------

On the second map, just after you're introduced in to that Little Shop of Horrors walking plant. Break the stuff on it's right side and assemble a trampoline mushroom. Bounce your way up to the upper floor and then use your Demolition Suit to destroy the metal grate on the left. Go into this new room and stop Killer Croc from hurting the damsel.

4.4: An Enterprising Theft

------------------------

Very first part of the map when you start head to your right. Use your Sonic Suit to destroy the glass door and get in there to save the unisex blond thing which makes a magical leap through the ceiling.

4.5: Breaking Blocks

-------------------

Second map, after you're inside the bank. Assemble and then push that gold block over the checkered pathway to block the lasers. Once past them, head to the left and use your Demolition Suit on the shiny metal door. Head straight in and rescue the hostage.

5.1: Rockin' the Docks

--------------------

First map and after you move the police semi with a heavy lifter take the right hand turn to see the hostage behind glass. We're familiar with this method now, so break the glass and rescue the hostage.

5.2: Stealing the Show

----------------------

At the very beginning of the map. Using the fan as a boost, land on the rooftop to the right. Run towards the back end of the rooftop (away from YOU) and destroy the brown box on the left. Assemble the moving blocks to form a magnetic wall where you can climb using Robin's Magnetic Suit. Climb up to the second level and switch to Batman's Glide Suit and glide towards the left and land on the upper ledge. Break the windows jump inside the building and save the hottie!

5.4: A Daring Rescue

--------------------

Warning: Name of map is no pun of mine!

Second part of the map, and in the same room with the three colored Marioesque warp tubes (yellow, green, and red). On the ground floor use Joker's buzzer hand on the generator to open up the gate and proceed through. Cross the bridge and save the man from getting jumped! This is also the room where you assemble all the band equipment and then get to listen to a free concert! Hurray!

5.5: Arctic World

----------------

As soon as you start the map, switch to someone who can withstand toxic waste. Head left and jump down into the water and cross the toxic sludge. Jump out of the pool and rescue the "Lady in Red"

Edited by Frijolie

6.1: A Surprise for the Commissioner

-----------------------------------

On the first map and after you get past the maze/puzzle part which requires coordination from both the upper and lower floors (i.e. jumping on levers, blowing up a barrier, activating a switch, etc). Immediately after emerging from the maze/puzzle you'll see a bunch of jumping blocks behind a glass window. Just to the right of that is a doorway that is boarded up. Break through those boards and with Batman's Demolition Suit blow up the bars preventing you from entering the next room on the left (this may be a little hard to see). Get in there and save the chick in the white shirt, she kinda looks like Princess Leia--but with longer hair.

6.3: The Joker's Masterpiece

---------------------------

First map in the middle of the right hand side wall, there's a ledge you've got to get to. In order to get up there you have to use a Batarang to destroy the gargoyle on top of the left most platform. After the gargoyle's gone it will leave behind jumping blocks for you to assemble a pull switch. Your destination is just above you. Jump on the right platform then the left then on to the platform on the left again. Stop! Jump back toward the right to your destination. Use a demolition suit to destroy the shiny door and head inside. You should be inside a room with colored push blocks (one green, blue, and red). Save the hostage!

6.4: The Lure of the Night

-------------------------

First part of the map destroy the brown boxes to assemble a fan. Use it to get to upper ledge and climb ladder. Follow the path around across a rooftop onto another veranda of yet another building. Go around to the right hand side of the building and shoot the cops on the other building to your right. Use your Glider Suit to glide to that ledge where the cops were standing. Cross to the other building using the tight rope. Break the boards and use Joker's buzzer to activate the generator. This activates an awning which you should walk on around to the other side of the building. Stay on this level and double-jump to the ledge on the side of the building. Jump to the ledge where those jumping brown bars are. Assemble the brown bars and use a high jumper to get on top of the roof to rescue the hostage..

6.5: Dying of Laughter

---------------------

After you ride the third elevator up head towards your left and double jump to see a minikit encased in a wooden box. From that ledge glide to your left and land on another ledge. Rescue your hostage and you're done with this guide! Hurray!

Edited by Frijolie

it's near the beginning, after you pull those two levers that send power to the gate so it opens you'll enter a room with yellow, green, red pipes you shoot through- ignore them and use the jokers buzzer on that generator which will open the small metal gate- go inside and you can't miss- it was the last one i needed too and thanks much for your post because on a hunch that the last one i needed was the same as yours i thought i'd try that level first so you saved me some time of going through everything with your "a daring rescue" post.

Edited by colonelcrittendon

it's near the beginning, after you pull those two levers that send power to the gate so it opens you'll enter a room with yellow, green, red pipes you shoot through- ignore them and use the jokers buzzer on that generator which will open the small metal gate- go inside and you can't miss- it was the last one i needed too and thanks much for your post because on a hunch that the last one i needed was the same as yours i thought i'd try that level first so you saved me some time of going through everything with your "a daring rescue" post.

Thanks so much! Got the achievement.

It should be noted at the top of this thread that if civilians or hostages are saved by a partner in coop, even though it appears as if both players recieve credit for the rescue, the achievement will not unlock unless main player rescues ALL civilians/hostages without help from coop partner. I speak from experience, and theres plenty of posts floating around this forum that supports this claim. A warning is indeed needed. Apart from that, this an A++++++ post, assuming it is finished.

The Stealing The Show Hostage / 5.2

To get this hostage (use free play). At the start of the level use a strong character to throw the dumpster then build the wall and use the magnet boots (on Robin or Nightwing) to climb to the top. At the top jump to the left and break through the boards covering the windows and then jump in and beat the thugs up.:)

(There is also a minikit at this location).

For those who didn't know, you can tell which stages you did and did not rescue hostages/civilians in on the stage map. There will be a little icon of a face with either a smiling or frowning face. You can pretty much guess the rest.

Frowning = Not saved

Smiling = Saved

• 2 weeks later...

hey Frijolie, if you know where all 25 civilians are could you please post a guide "All 25 Civilians Locations" and post it by itself so it doesn't have all the stuff we said? i like the way you explain it and would love to be able to print out a reference for when i replay Lego Batman... the ruddy Prima strategy guide doesn't tell you where they are.

Can you go into the level rescue the civilian and then save and exit and move onto the next level or do you have to play the full level again. I'm only asking as I have found out about the coop problem cheers

Yep you can do it in Free Play. After rescuing the civilian press start and then The Batcave (or Arkham if you're doing villains) but make sure you do Save and Exit obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...