Im a newbie to the series and was

I haven't played it, but going by all the gameplay videos I have seen, it looks like just another average shooter.

You can unlock the full 1000 in a short amount of time, which does not help if you want to play the game over and over again, as you have nothing to play for other than personal enjoyment.

good point, i'll wait for the price to go down because i don't have a lot of money

I haven't played it, but going by all the gameplay videos I have seen, it looks like just another average shooter.

You can unlock the full 1000 in a short amount of time, which does not help if you want to play the game over and over again, as you have nothing to play for other than personal enjoyment.

Yea everyone keeps saying that but no one has played the game lol I will admit through, thats EXACTLY what I thought after I played the demo. I actually only played 5 min of it and was like meh. But after playing the actual game, its night and day difference between the demo. I assure you, you will have a good time playing the game and getting into the story

I'll never understand why people ask "should I get this game". Look at some reviews...ask your friends, not strangers...look at videos on YouTube...play the demo...rent it and decide for yourself.

Lets not forget the fact that alot of youngsters think if its not or close to MW or BF its not worth getting it. I always find it funny how those kids compare every bloody shooter game with those two games even if its not close to it at all.

But to be honest i had alot of ppl that said they didn,t liked the demo that much and rather skipp the game, then again i def enjoyed it so much i played the demo a few times again and again inbetween waiting for it or when i got sick of the slow pace it takes to get the last levels up in rank for Ghost Recon.

I think alot of gamers depend alot of what others say or when friends say they don,t like it, so i don,t like it attitude, but i never do that i just play a game when i think the story is intresting or the actual gameplay screens or vids do look nice, even if a game gets not realy great scores in reviews i had plenry of games i still played and enjoyed.

As for Spec-Ops The Line you can,t compare it with games like BF or MW ;) firstly its a 3th person shooter while the others a FPS, and in this game you realy face some points where you have some moral choices to be made that not show off right away if it was good or bad and what the devs said about it there is a tin line between wrong or right or good and bad. I think its a big part what sets this game out from other games where its basicly just gun and run.

Final verdict! Just give it a go yourself ;) Don,t go on what others say that much, what they might like u don,t and the other way around ;)

Try the demo and see for yourself

I'll never understand why people ask "should I get this game". Look at some reviews...ask your friends, not strangers...look at videos on YouTube...play the demo...rent it and decide for yourself.

ya but that involves work...it's so much easier just to let someone else make decisions for you

Try the demo and see for yourself

Going with Kunduz here. That's no doubt the reason that devs put out demos - to try and attract people into downloading it, trying their game to see if it's worth purchasing.

As for the people saying "it's like another shooter" I'm sorry but what shooter out there currently allows you to enter a post-apocolyptic like Dubai that has been overun with sand and offers morale choices throughout the game?!

The trailer does not do this game justice however I am basing this purely on the demo of the game that I've played through as I live in the UK and we British have to wait until tomorrow (Friday) for it to come out.

If the demo doesn't reflect the game well then I will gladly come back on here with my hands held high and say "Yes, I was wrong, it is another generic shooter" however I'm hopeful that Spec Ops will not be another generic shooter.

I’m not normally a fan of military based shooter games, I guess knowing people that have suffered the realities of war has kinda turned me off the idea. I don’t condemn anyone for enjoying them, just not usually my thing. I’m interested in this game though. The post-apocalyptic/disaster Dubai setting, like someone else has pointed out, is unique and the fact that the game has a heavy focus on morality makes it stand out a little.

Playing the demo the game seemed fine to play. I think the biggest fault with this game will likely be that it’s a military based shooter that’s not CoD or Battlefield.

People are telling you to make your decision based on the demo and I don't think you should listen to them. Maybe play it to see if you like the feel for the gameplay and if you do even somewhat, you should get it. If you don't have lots of money wait for a price drop or rent it, but this game is really good so far.

The shooting feels better than most third person shooters in my opinion. The only issue is some of the movement and the controls, although the control issues might just be me because I've been playing Max Payne 3 so much. I haven't even gotten into the story much, but so far the voice acting is top notch and I'm very interested in seeing what happens next. Also hearing that the story is good from reviews and a friend of mine gives me high hopes.

The multiplayer is enjoyable, but I won't play it much. I have better multiplayer games. Can't wait for the free co-op DLC in August though. That's why I'm glad I didn't just rent it.

You should definitely consider picking this up when you have some extra cash.

I consider this a new Franchise, so give it a try, i bought the Game yesterday, have to support my german Fellows :) I think its a cool Game, fresh Setting, a good Story which is not like all those other Games, Kill the Russian Bad Guy Stuff.

Graphics are good, even though i wish for a little bit more Detail in some Areas.

Is it so great that everyone should get it ? Hell no, but its a fun Game with a fresh Setting and nice Gamerscore.

You might as well call this a franchise reboot, because the old Spec Ops games were notoriously terrible, and this wasn't isn't similar to them at all. I think it's already on sale on Amazon 20% off on console and 50% off on PC. So if you're waiting for a price drop now's your chance to pick it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Going with Kunduz here. That's no doubt the reason that devs put out demos - to try and attract people into downloading it, trying their game to see if it's worth purchasing.

As for the people saying "it's like another shooter" I'm sorry but what shooter out there currently allows you to enter a post-apocolyptic like Dubai that has been overun with sand and offers morale choices throughout the game?!

The trailer does not do this game justice however I am basing this purely on the demo of the game that I've played through as I live in the UK and we British have to wait until tomorrow (Friday) for it to come out.

If the demo doesn't reflect the game well then I will gladly come back on here with my hands held high and say "Yes, I was wrong, it is another generic shooter" however I'm hopeful that Spec Ops will not be another generic shooter.

Fallout 3.

• 1 month later...

I liked it for the same reason someone above me said. It isn't the typical kill x Russians, etc. The US is the bad guy here in every aspect, even the guys you play. This is a new one for a Western market(I know Iran pumps a lot of cheap kill American games for the PC, but they are not really available here), and I am surprised no media has picked it up(even the mighty Fox has ranted on video games in the past).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say, I played the demo when it first came out years ago and was disappointed in how bad it was. So now I bought the game for $14 and I am loving it! The story so far seems well written and the voice acting is good too. Any 3rd person shooter fans should buy this. Feels like a mix of battlefield and GOW.

• 2 months later...