Have you ever topped a Public Leaderboard?

Ninja Eagle

I was scrolling through some leaderboards on Black Ops 2 before and I realised someone on my friends list was 478th overall. That's pretty good considering all the people that play the game.

So I was just wondering if anyone has ever been on top of a Public Leaderboard, or reasonably close to it. Personally, I have not ever been close.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was scrolling through some leaderboards on Black Ops 2 before and I realised someone on my friends list was 478th overall. That's pretty good considering all the people that play the game.

So I was just wondering if anyone has ever been on top of a Public Leaderboard, or reasonably close to it. Personally, I have not ever been close.

Never been close. Every one that I have ever seen has been hacked

Special Forces Team X number 1 for a day(I didn't like the game enough to keep playing it to keep that spot lol)

Undertow, don't really remember any details about that one though as it was years ago. But I'm normally not a top leaderboard person.

Syndicate. Our Syndicate was number 1 until we stopped playing. We had small group so it was pretty cool to be sitting in the number 1 spot versus all those larger Syndicates. Even now more than a year after...our group is still in the top 10 :p

(You forgot to mention our Syndicate number 1 spot Direkin! Shame on you:p)

#1 Corporation on Syndicate :p

Syndicate. Our Syndicate was number 1 until we stopped playing. We had small group so it was pretty cool to be sitting in the number 1 spot versus all those larger Syndicates. Even now more than a year after...our group is still in the top 10 :p

Oops! How could I forget? I was actually thinking of the game yesterday and how I regret having sold it.

Edit:

And as I recall, I was #5 in Neurodyne and gaining on #4 (your brother iirc). You, Auburok and IDiivil had some insane levels of exp. I also remember at one point we were ahead of the competition by twice their exp, or something like that. Not bad at all for a small corp.

Edited by Direkin

Special Forces Team X number 1 for a day(I didn't like the game enough to keep playing it to keep that spot lol)

Undertow, don't really remember any details about that one though as it was years ago. But I'm normally not a top leaderboard person.

I think the highest my Syndicate reached was like 80th or something lol and I alone had nearly half the points in our Syndicate!

The only leaderboard that I'm aware of that I've been at the top of is number 1 to finish Assassin's Creed Revelations in the world (the full 1490 gamerscore). That's recorded there over at TA and I pretty much downloaded the final DLC as soon as it appeared on the marketplace and beat it in less than a couple hours.

Otherwise...I've been pretty high up on people to finish a game, like Metal Gear Solid HD and Peace Walker, I'm relatively high up on those. Over here at x360a's leaderboard tracking I'm the second person to finish both after someone else I know (though since more have completed it since, things are in alphabetical order so I'm near the bottom of those with the 1000).

On certain games in the 1000/200 clubs, I'm actually number 1 in the list =)

As far as actual leaderboards go in-game...I've been relatively high in a few such as Banjo-Kazooie (speed run) and some alright times in N+/Dorito's Crash Course. Everyone's #1 on Beyond Good and Evil ;>_> at least if you complete the game lolz

- I placed #4 in the world for the Shock and Awe Extreme challenge in Batman: Arkham Asylum

- I placed #4 in the world for the Whale Oil challenge in Dishonored (Dunwall City Trials DLC)

- I was #9 in the world for kills in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

- I was ~#100 in the world for Team Deathmatch score in Gears of War 3

Placing number one in a public leaderboard would be very difficult. Especially with the number of hackers/glitchers out there.

Never been near top in anything.

On Bf3stats.com I'm listed as being in the top 1% in knife kills in Battlefield 3, but that only includes bf3stats users not the entire 360 BF3 community as a whole. For a while I took a break and played some other games. Dropped to top 2% :p, then got back in and back up into top 1% in no time. :woop:

As of right now ranked #2401 of 360 players. Have over 3200 niffin's but there's some buds here from x360a that have tons more.

For me to be top 1%, only tells me just how many people don't use the knife ;)

I used to be in the top 200 for Crysis 2, which is really good considering how many people hack/mod that game, but I haven't played in a really long time so I'm prolly down to the 300's or lower now. That took playing the game several hours a day everyday for over a year, not so much a commitment by me I just really loved the multiplayer and playing it with my friends.

Never been near top in anything.

On Bf3stats.com I'm listed as being in the top 1% in knife kills in Battlefield 3, but that only includes bf3stats users not the entire 360 BF3 community as a whole. For a while I took a break and played some other games. Dropped to top 2% :p, then got back in and back up into top 1% in no time. :woop:

As of right now ranked #2401 of 360 players. Have over 3200 niffin's but there's some buds here from x360a that have tons more.

For me to be top 1%, only tells me just how many people don't use the knife ;)

I'm top 1% for M16, xbow & Humvee kills lol. The stats on bf3.com are brilliant.

You stab waay too much. ;)

You M16 too much :p

Shooting someone will never be as satisfying as catching them from behind and violating them with a blade. (with the exception of a long range headshot) :woop:

The only thing more satisfying is running someone over with a Quad bike or Dirt bike me thinks. No guns no knives!

When The Club was released, I made it to #97 on Deathmatch in the world out of 50,000+ players. To be honest, it has been the only online game I've ever been good at. I dominated almost every single game I played and usually won by a clear 20 kills each time. Only person that would regularly beat me was in the top 40. Did manage to to reach 50 kills for the win without dying just the once. I have severe problems with the tendons in my wrists ans hands now, so competitive gaming is a no no.

I was at #4 in the Burglary list of the Dunwall City Trials (Dishonored DLC) right after it came out. It surprised me as I just played through the mission ^^

Maybe I'm in a decent ranking in some of the Sega Vintage games (never checked), but there are too many hackers/cheaters out there to get a really high position here.

Nah. A couple of things come to mind, but I don't recall being top of the leaderboard in anything. I was 2nd in Mario Kart Wii Time Trials in Aus. Since it's only Aus it's obviously less impressive, but that game did sell pretty well here. Plus I was the only one in the top 10 that used the Wii Remote/Wheel Pereiphial. Everyone else used Gamecube controller. (And rightfully so. I started using it when I was playing with friends and we didn't have enough wheels, never went back.) And I guess I was in the top 30 in the world in Tekken 6 survival for one character, but I would have been well outside the top 100 overall.

I've had quite a lot of good spots on leaderboards before, only a few recent ones spring to mind though, all of which are quite forgettable. I'll need to have a think of the games that are actually impressive to place in though.

I was 47th in the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Leaderboards and I was 1st in about 4 or 5 levels on Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 Game for a while when it first came out. Also had a top 10 spot in Special Forces Team X. (Not sure of the game mode, but my God was that game a camp fest, I remember I always ran around with the Tactical Knife, everyone used to sit in corners with the dogs and frags, bad times).

I remember seeing you on the SFX leaderboard, forgot what game mode you had top spot on. I think I had an eighth spot in the capture game mode? Yeah that game wasn't very popular at all :(

Edit: I recall being around the 1k mark in Execution on GoW:J. I'll have to check on Gears 3 when I can, but I do remember being in the 3k mark of Gears 3 Guardian a long time ago, that mode was fucking brilliant with a good team.

Edited by Total Shinobi
Update