The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, btw! Anyone knows why the game makes my X-Box freeze now and then? I am using the new slimmed 360

Bethesda titles have always made my system freeze. I don't typically have that issue with other games. It probably has something to do with the sheer size of the game itself and the number of items you can interact with. Like with Fallout 3, Skyrim started freezing on me at least once a day after I'd invested a fair number of hours into it. I always install, too. Just save often.

• 1 month later...

Have anyone encountered the one glitch in which when u fight a dragon u will absorb its soul and can't kill it. It has happened to me three times already. I have also seen a giant knock a bandit 100 ft into the air, I believe I seen that one twice already.

Edited by TheDarkOne

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you guy having the freezing problem when the game loading the DLC ? Mine alway freeze when the loading DLC menu appear , when i delete the DLC it working fine again . I have try to clear cache , delete game file , re-installing the game and DLC but it still not work .

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I have gotten to a point where every time I try to select my Ebony bow, it freezes not only the game, but my entire Xbox to where I have to manually turn it off. If that's not bad enough, I can't even move my cursor past the bow in my weapons menu, meaning I can't access anything below ebony in the alphabet.

I have tried dropping it, giving it to a follower, selling it, even smithing it, and it freezes instantly every time.

Any ideas? I'm so frustrated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I encountered a glitch with Daedric Influence (getting the first artifact). I finished the quest for the Masque of Clavicus Vile as my first artifact, and this achievement didn't unlock.

Thanks to all the warnings, I saved just before getting the masque, so I reloaded and finished the quick quest for the Ebony Blade. Daedric Influence popped, and I went back to get the masque afterwards.

I just got stuck in the crouched stealth position. It wasn't registered as me being in stealth as the cursor was normal (as if I was stood normally) but when I went into 3rd person I could clearly see my character was crouching down and when I went to sprint, instead I did a stealth roll. Funny thing is, I don't even have the stealth roll perk.

I had to re-load a previous save to fix this.

Had this happen a few times to me .... If you find somewhere to sit down and then stand up it sorts the problem out

• 4 weeks later...

I know this game has been out for a while, but after all this time I've run across ways in order to obtain every Daedric artifact in the game (without having to choose between two on certain quests).

Most of the Daedric quests will give you just one reward at the end, but there are three quests that you can keep multiple unique artifacts.

1. Hircine - It's pretty well known that you can get both the Savior's Hide and the Ring of Hircine, but you can also keep the cursed ring as well netting you three unique items from this quest.

2. Molag Bal - It is possible to keep the Rusty Mace (using weapon rack) and still receive the Mace of Molag Bal. Thus earning two unique weapons from this quest.

3. Clavicus Vile - It is possible (on Xbox 360) to obtain both the Rueful Axe and the Masque of Clavicus Vile, earning yourself another two unique artifacts. Most techniques I've seen to accomplish this use the Dragon Shout Slow Time, but I managed to do it without the shout. This involves timing and a weapon rack. It's the most rewarding of the three because it's very tricky!

• 4 months later...

I have just finished the fetch quest for the companions (I believe it is called "Proving Honor") with that Werewolf dude and when I go back to the companions stronghold to turn in the dude's there all praise me and accept me into the companions and then everyone just stands there starring at me and I can't do anything but change my view from first person to third person. The only way out of it is if I reload a past save or quit altogether.

I have no clue what to do... If I can't turn this quest in, I will have this guy following me throughout my entire Skyrim play-through!

Edited by gmorra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've clocked up about 76 hours in Skyrim, and have found that it's become completely unplayable during the quest that takes you through having to survive Darkfall Passage.

I've reached the point where you're fighting the frozen falmer et al, in the lead up to killing Arch-Curate Vrythur, but the game now crashes every few seconds. I made the mistake of deleting previous save points to try and fix this, after reading a few suggestions on forums.

SO! I'm now stuck at a point where if I try to fight, it keeps crashing, and my only other savepoints are within Darkfall Passage itself. Is there a way back out of the passage without having to complete the fight? I backtracked to the entrance, but it was closed and I couldn't exit.

It's looking like I'm going to have to start the game all over again, and wanted to check if there was either a) a fix for the crash, or b) a way out through the entrance?

• 4 months later...

I'm finding that a lot of my saves are getting messed up; whenever I reload the save, I just die immediately and then have to reload it again, which basically just leads to an endless death loop and I have to reload from an autosave...any solutions? It's really annoying, especially when there's no real explanation for it

• 3 months later...