Love the Game! But glitches ruin it.

Dark Bard Raven

Why I love the Elder Scrolls games for the scope of what you can do in them. Skyrim is making me lose some of that love. There are way to many places where you game can just glitch on you and end any story progression what so ever.

The first time was when I was suppose to meet Brynjolf in the Ragged Flagon. No matter what I did reloaded the game, redid the quest, turned of the 360 he refused to move from his spot in the previous quest. This in turn ended any further advancement in the thieves guild quest and achievements. With no other choice I restarted the game.

The second time was in my wife's game after doing the companions quest she returned to be inducted into the companions she stepped in front of the group they said there induction ceremony and nothing no one moved after that not even she could move she could fast travel and wait but still would not be able to move from where she appeared. She in turned tried many different things to get it to work. To no use this in turn blocks off the rest of the companion quests as well as the ability to be a werewolf.

These are just two major instances of note not counting the body of the original dragon you killed appearing at the front gates of the town randomly and making it to where the trader who sets up his tent as well as his npc companions never appear there even if the tent is set up.

I can stand some glitches been playing this series for a long time it comes with the territory but these glitches ruin any work put into your game and force you to have to restart the whole game to get them to work right and yes mine where fixed the second time through but I had different glitches this time just not so major....Yet.

All in all still think its a good game but I am joining the band wagon of maybe they rushed it just a little to much to get it out for the holidays if waiting a few more months could have fixed the problem I would have been willing to wait.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are just two major instances of note not counting the body of the original dragon you killed appearing at the front gates of the town randomly .

This has happened to me too, i hope nothing bad happens to me later in the game as i am completing a lot of quests first before i go and meet the greybeards:eek:

the only bug I've had was after a fight my magic glitched out and the hand/power visual didn't appear and I couldn't use it anyway. my magic hand was still in the shape of a magic weilding hand, just no flame etc effect lol. Load save. No probs.

One thing I learned from Oblivion is be VERY careful when doing quests, follow the exact narrative it requires, following the exact instructions at the right time.

If it ever looks like something might've fucked up, reload. Which is why you should have 10+ save files on rotation.

As long as you play by it's rules, you should be ok...lol...

I haven't ran into any and I've completed a fuckton of quests. The only thing that happened is Brynjolf got stuck behind a rock in one of the Thieve's Guild missions but after I went through a door, he appeared there. So, nothing major.

Oh wait, there was the times when I was dual-wielding an Orcish dagger and a Steel dagger and when I'd get on my horse with them out and then get off my horse, they would both be Steel daggers but it said I still had my Orcish dagger equipped. It didn't happen after I got better daggers though.

Edited by dEku

The only "glitch" that annoys me is the common lag that accompanies the menus when you pull them up. Sometimes i cant move anything for 5+ seconds, but besides that i havnt really seen any glitches

I have had that same problem, but I think in my case it is because my controller is really worn out. My friends havent had that problem but they have brand new controllers.

Other than that I have only seen a couple small graphical bugs that are no big deal.

For a game this massive, this immersive... there should be glitches EVERYWHERE!! and there ARENT!! i have literally only found one glitch, and tbh, its insignificant!

my only gripe whatsoever with this game, is the texture issues, which they said they will fix. So, i award you no points for your argument. and i award this game 10/10 points.

Is it really that bad? I've been really tempted to buy Skyrim, but if there are that many glitches/bugs in the game...

Get it. I haven't run into a single bug or glitch. Just make sure you make lots of saves just in case, then you can just load a previous one. It is one of the greatest games I have ever played!

While this is an incredible game overall, the game is quite glitchy. I sometimes wonder who the hell Bethesda has testing their games and working QC...because they really need to be replaced.

At any rate, I have yet to encounter anything game-breaking, and have my fingers crossed that it remains that way. Bethesda really needs to put a patch out for this game ASAP. Until then, all you can do is keep plenty of backup saves as IDiivil suggested.

Ran into my first glitch today. I wouldn't call it major though. When I attempted to fast travel, my game froze and I had to restart my Xbox. The next time, I decided to see if it was just from fast traveling, so I tried again, and froze again.

Sooo... My third attempt at fixing the problem was un-checking the "Save on Travel" option. I attempted to fast travel again...and this time it worked! No more freezing.

The only "glitch" that annoys me is the common lag that accompanies the menus when you pull them up. Sometimes i cant move anything for 5+ seconds, but besides that i havnt really seen any glitches
It's auto-saving. It occasionally auto-saves when you open up your menu. You can't move around until it finishes the save, which takes a few seconds. I know it's annoying, but that auto-save has saved my life on more than one occasion.

It's auto-saving. It occasionally auto-saves when you open up your menu. You can't move around until it finishes the save, which takes a few seconds. I know it's annoying, but that auto-save has saved my life on more than one occasion.

Yes and you can also change how often it does the auto-saving in the options. Or even completely turn it off so it will never lag when entering the menu.