Easter Eggs

Grohlvana

Yeah I don't know, I watched the credits too and paid attention to all the songs listed and I don't remember seeing it there either.

Edit: I just searched, I remember Creedence playing at that part, no mention of Highway To Hell.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_Infinite_Soundtrack

I just played this part and it was definitely "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there's an Easter Egg that is quite hard to spot but after the final battle against the Vox when you are watching the songbird die if you step away from the window you notice you are in a building that is underwater. This may be a reference to Bioshock 2's 'Rapture'. I'm not 100% sure. If it is keep in mind that it is only referencing Bioshock 2 since everyone knows Bioshock 2 was a direct reference to Bioshock 1 so it's sort of like a reference to a reference.

Yeah there are a few references here that are grasping a bit. Everytime a gamer sees a wrench Half Life and Bioshock get brought up, I'm not saying it's right or wrong but, it's a wrench. I also thought about the Vault Boy thing at one point but pretty quickly remembered Duke & Dimwit and dismissed it. The one I didn't see that was mentioned was the tear that played Highway To Hell, I remember the dialouge from that part but I swear I had a different song during it.

I've searched up and down the whole game, every single inch, and there are only two wrenches I've found so far, the one in the video and the one Elizabeth hits you with. Not to mention, these wrenches look exactly the same in every way as Jack's wrench.

I'm not sure if this is an "Easter Egg" or not, but I think it might fit.

In Emporia, there was a bathroom I visited where one of the stalls was filled with flies all over the place. I peeked into the toilet and found two potatoes in the toilet bowl which were edible. They both had +Health on them instead of being Rotten Potatoes with -Health.

I thought it was kind of funny.

The wrench is definitely not an easter egg. I've seen other ones. One is inside of Lady Comstock's zepplin thing. Right on top of the controls. Maybe the look of the wrenches in the game are a nod to the original Bioshock, but I'm pretty sure it's just a wrench.

That's the one I'm referring to in my other post. Believe me, I've looked EVERYWHERE in the entire game, and ended up getting every collectible except for two Voxophones and one missed telescope WITHOUT a guide. There are only two wrenches in the entire game that I saw, the one in my video, and the one that Elizabeth uses to hit you with (the one in the zeppelin). If it was meant to be a simple tool object, it would have been in all the places I've seen where tools were strewn on the ground.

Oh there's an Easter Egg that is quite hard to spot but after the final battle against the Vox when you are watching the songbird die if you step away from the window you notice you are in a building that is underwater. This may be a reference to Bioshock 2's 'Rapture'. I'm not 100% sure. If it is keep in mind that it is only referencing Bioshock 2 since everyone knows Bioshock 2 was a direct reference to Bioshock 1 so it's sort of like a reference to a reference.

Bioshock 2 wasn't a reference to Bioshock... they are set in the same location... and the ending isn't really a 'reference' to Rapture.. it IS Rapture. Its the EXACT same as Bioshock 1, down to the same fallen pillar at the start. It even has a sign that says Welcome to Rapture and you go up in the Bathysphere. There is even a big daddy and little sister in the tube across from you.

Its a reference to the 'always a man, always a city' line that Elizabeth pulls. Comstock/Booker & Ryan - Columbia & Rapture

Bioshock 2 wasn't a reference to Bioshock... they are set in the same location... and the ending isn't really a 'reference' to Rapture.. it IS Rapture. Its the EXACT same as Bioshock 1, down to the same fallen pillar at the start. It even has a sign that says Welcome to Rapture and you go up in the Bathysphere. There is even a big daddy and little sister in the tube across from you.

Its a reference to the 'always a man, always a city' line that Elizabeth pulls. Comstock/Booker & Ryan - Columbia & Rapture

i think he may have been kidding... like making fun of the people who are pointing out really obvious things and calling them easter eggs... i think

The achievement for 1999 mode is a bit of an easter egg -

Auld Lang Syne

Its a centuries old poem by robert frost which basically asks the question - is it ok to forget the past?, albeit rhetorically.

Also, not really an easter egg persay, but I still really loved the detail. When Old Elizabeth sends us back to 1912, theres a cage with a rose in it - which you may remember Elizabeth grabbed very early on.

I'm still trying to break into the caged grave thing area next to her mother's cage grave thing, it has a gear in it, I can't figure out how to get into the bloody thing. I hate it.

As for everyone thinking the music is easter eggs, they really aren't. If you listen to all the audiofiles, I think it was Fink's brother. He was listening to the music through the tears just as you had, which is why every song in the game is a fragment he could only hear parts of it. That's also how the Handymen came about, Fink was watching it through tears, Handymen are modified versons of Big Daddys.

i think he may have been kidding... like making fun of the people who are pointing out really obvious things and calling them easter eggs... i think

I really hope so... Like... No one could have actually thought that.

I'm still trying to break into the caged grave thing area next to her mother's cage grave thing, it has a gear in it, I can't figure out how to get into the bloody thing. I hate it.

Devils Kiss the torches. Its really picky on the angle to get them lit but the door will open when you do.

As for everyone thinking the music is easter eggs, they really aren't. If you listen to all the audiofiles, I think it was Fink's brother. He was listening to the music through the tears just as you had, which is why every song in the game is a fragment he could only hear parts of it. That's also how the Handymen came about, Fink was watching it through tears, Handymen are modified versons of Big Daddys.

Yeah, the music stuff aren't Easter Eggs, which annoys me because a billion people made videos on YouTube calling them Easter Eggs and then you get to the part in the music shop which explains why new music is in an older time period.

yeah people should play through the game and collect everything, they say what is and isn't easter eggs, then they know what should and shouldn't be.

But now I have to know, are there any other special gears or anything that's hard to get to like the one in the grave thing next to her mums? I never even noticed the torches :-/. So yeah are there any other ones that are outside obvious areas/picklocked areas?

The only reason I posted it to begin with was because I hadn't gotten far enough in the story that it was explained and I also blame Youtube for misleading me.

Oh sorry I wasn't referring to you, I'm talking about the people that actually scrambled to make videos calling them Easter Eggs

I've yet to see a single Easter egg. Most of these are people grasping for anything out of the air or are little set-piece stories that developers like to tell. Like the lonely shopkeeper.

I happen to think that's an Easter Egg? How is it not?