Anyone else using the official Strat Guide and noticing errors?

I bought the Guide yesterday and have just been following allowing through the first few levels. It says that after helping Bonnie with the rabbits and coyotes that I would receive money for the day's work (I did not), be told I could use the horses in the stables (was not), and that a Dead Eye tutorial would kick off during the coyote hunt (again...did not).

Is the guide just wrong, or have I screwed up some "trigger" somewhere?

first dead eye tutorial came a way into the story in mexico. I'm apparently a natural at it, well I should be that far into the game. I thnk it would take four maybe five hours of straight through missions to get there but I wasn't going to ruin the game just to try to get through it that fast.

I got my first bounty because I took a horse from the barn, and my first death.

I had 3 dead eye tutorials. The 1st one doesn't make a big deal about it like the 3rd one does. When you are riding through McFarlanes ranch and the coyotes come, it shows up in the upper left. I remember it because I didn't know how to use it before and I used it to kill the coyotes.

I had 3 dead eye tutorials. The 1st one doesn't make a big deal about it like the 3rd one does. When you are riding through McFarlanes ranch and the coyotes come, it shows up in the upper left. I remember it because I didn't know how to use it before and I used it to kill the coyotes.

I've seen that tutorial on the Coyotes as well...I missed it the first time...had to reload for something and thats when I saw it...personally the tutorials in the upper left hand are sort of subtle for me enough to miss it if the action is hot on screen...I miss a ton of stuff in that upper left hand that I end up catching up with in my journal.

Guide companies such as Prima used to hire "technical editors" that would play through the game with a manuscript of the guide prior to releasing it to verify it was accurate. They don't do that anymore.

Yeah I read that somewhere to. Since then they have gone with a new policy to save on money....I don't remember the exact words....but it has a acronym to remember it.... C. H. E. A. P.