How long is dark souls 2 if u do everything?

Snipe777

And how is that time ruffly devided(main/side-mission,exploring,boss battle,ect)becuz I did not play the firsts one and debating if its wort a buy ...and how open is the world/maps/levels ?

Played it blind, beat every boss, lit every fire, and did co-op for a decent amount of hours and I ended with 75 hours.

Don't know about the length, since I still have a way to go, but I heard 60+ a lot of times now. It's hard to pinpoint it down. And thats without getting all the achievements ;)

Concerning the open world: It consists of different routes you can take. The route itself consists of different areas, that have kind of a matching theme to the boss. If you reach the end of a route you go another one. But you can also just stop and start with a new one and finish it later. So it's pretty open. The fast travel systems is linked to the bonfires with act as your checkpoints/healingstations/itembox. Sometimes you need certain requirements to open a route, like a specific npc or something like that. The areas are not that big, but really dense, with a good level design (for the most part).

So if you like exploration and a challenge and all that stuff, i would recommend buying it. The story relies on your curiosity rather than feeding it to you. I can almost guarantee that, if you get into it, you're going to like it. But I can't guarantee that you get into it, since it has a rough start for someone new to the series.

But then there are forums which are filled with nice people ;)

Don't know about the length, since I still have a way to go, but I heard 60+ a lot of times now. It's hard to pinpoint it down. And thats without getting all the achievements ;)

Concerning the open world: It consists of different routes you can take. The route itself consists of different areas, that have kind of a matching theme to the boss. If you reach the end of a route you go another one. But you can also just stop and start with a new one and finish it later. So it's pretty open. The fast travel systems is linked to the bonfires with act as your checkpoints/healingstations/itembox. Sometimes you need certain requirements to open a route, like a specific npc or something like that. The areas are not that big, but really dense, with a good level design (for the most part).

So if you like exploration and a challenge and all that stuff, i would recommend buying it. The story relies on your curiosity rather than feeding it to you. I can almost guarantee that, if you get into it, you're going to like it. But I can't guarantee that you get into it, since it has a rough start for someone new to the series.

But then there are forums which are filled with nice people ;)

Good thank u,now the question is should I get the original or the second?

Good thank u,now the question is should I get the original or the second?

Both!

DSII has a much steeper learning curve at the beginning. Some of the first bosses you go up against are brutal. Without the experience of the first game, you might struggle a bit.

Both!

DSII has a much steeper learning curve at the beginning. Some of the first bosses you go up against are brutal. Without the experience of the first game, you might struggle a bit.

Yeah, I agree. Plus the first one is cheaper and it will prepare you a little bit in terms of the overall game design. And if you don't like it, it won't hurt as much. Traits exclusive to the games might not suit everyone, like the lack of immediate directions and so on. So it might be worth it, just for getting the feel of that.

I was going to recommend not playing the first one because I felt the combat in the second one is different enough to throw you off, but then I remembered how I fought the first boss and I used a strategy I learned in the first game. So I guess the "tactical experience" from the first game will benefit you.