Harder than Ninja Gaiden II?

I CR0W I

As a heterosexual adult male I like to play challenging games rather than lounge around half asleep watching an interactive movie. I really enjoy NG2 and have over 1000G (still working on the missions, good fun) and I'm wondering if this game is up to scratch with it in terms of difficulty?

Never played a DMC game before, always avoided them because the main character looks like a fruit but if it's a challenging action game (a rare breed) then I'll definitely look past that haircut and coat and play with an open mind (and sweaty palm)

I found Bayonetta to be disappointingly easy so if you haven't played NG2 but found Bayonetta harder than DMC...I'll steer clear.

Don't take it easy. If it doesn't succeeds the difficulty of NG 2 it's definitely among the leagues.

Because it's not just one game, it's actually 3. DMC 1 on DMD difficulty is hard as b****. It'll make you want to break your controller in half.

Oh and if you want challenge Sir, Go tackle DMC 3 on DMD without Super Costumes, it's bound to break your will but with shear practice and patience, you will prevail, now don't even get me started about Bloody Palace without Super Costumes, another Nightmare awaits.

Many people either use Super Costumes in DMC 3 or farming to get tons of items and make hard parts easier.

Final Words, If you are in for Challenge, You will get plenty, if you play DMC 1 and 3 on DMD difficulty and if it's not enough do it without farming. You'll get what I'm talking about.

The DMC games are difficult to complete, not as hard as Ninja Gaiden 2 but it would be ranked amongst the harder games to complete. Haven't played the HD collection but the PS2 games were not easy to beat on high difficulties.

And yes, Bayonetta was a walk in the park for me. Especially fully upgraded.

Well Nothing has changed in HD Collections, so they are still hard except DMC 2 because in DMD mode enemies don't go in devil Trigger + the enemies spawn and Ranking doesn't changes.

And I would disagree with many here saying Bayonetta was easy, 99% of the people who 1000G it, used items to make it easy otherwise it was a tough game on Infinite Climax, I know it cause I did it without any accessories to help me, it has a potential to get hectic but still not as crazy as DMC because the combat in Bayonetta is very fluid so that makes the game less challenging with parries, counters, instant escape/dodges, in my opinion that was a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Since when is Bayonetta an easy game?

It's not as hard as NG2 or DMC but saying it's 'easy' sounds a lot like hot air ballooning to me. But since you're a male heterosexual I guess you're somewhat privileged and über-capable making anything difficult incredibly easy for you..

Like others have said, the DMC series as a whole doesn't compare to the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden, however DMC does provide a great challenge that requires you to get used to numerous bought skills, and to devise strategies against the bosses.

It also has a lot of unlockable difficulties. If you beat the games on hard, you'll get Dante Must Die mode. You might also want to check in on getting DMC4, as Capcom added in higher difficulty levels such as Heaven and Hell mode / Hell and Hell mode, so you can always revisit the games on the higher level difficulties.

You may also enjoy the Bloody Palace segments in DMC 3 and 4, which are floors of enemies you must kill. There are also various Secret Missions hidden throughout the games that are next to impossible on higher difficulty settings and give a great challenge on normal settings as well.

• 2 years later...