Question about Co-Op play.

Kronikx

Hi guys.

I've just got the game and I'm about to play with my friend but could somebody please explain co-op to me:

In the manual it says only the hosts campaign will be affected or words to that affect. Does that mean if my friend completes quests with me, when he returns to his single player game he wont have those quests completed & it wont count towards his achievement progress ?

Also, what about experience and loot that my friend would earn in my game (i'm host), will the exp and loot he finds/gains whilst playing in co-op carry over to his single player game ?

Thanks in advance guys.

Also, whoever hosts the game will get the achievement for beating the game. All other players will not get the achievement.

That's not true. I hosted a game where I was on the last mission of main quest. My friends were on another console playing Co-op and they were still in the beginning of the campaign on their games. They helped me beat the last 2% of the campaign and they both got achievements for beating the game on Shadow and are both able to create Gold Difficulty games with those characters. This was only 2 days ago, so they haven't patched it yet if they plan to.

I find that pretty stupid, oh well my friend doesn't like the game anyway, so I guess I am a loner for now then ! :p Good job I am absolutely loving the game !

What is the free world by the way ? Is that just fighting enemies with ANYONE no matter what level they are, but with no quests ?

Also, I wont bother making a new topic, but maybe someone can help me here...

I'm doing my bronze campaign and I've reached level 21 without dying, so I figured it would be a good idea to try get the no deaths achievement ... is there anything I should watch out for ? Such as bosses that will 1 hit me if I'm a low level, etc. I currently have 300 light health potions so I don't plan on dying unless there is some ultra epic boss that is going to down me in one fireball or something ...

I'm 20% into the main quest, I've mostly been doing side quests for exp etc. I've killed a few bosses so far and not had any trouble.

Thanks for any tips in advance :p I'm an inquisitor btw.

I just remembered something else, what's the deal with not being able to copy your saved game to a memory card ? It says you cannot copy this file. I wanted to backup my saves incase my data got corrupted. :(

When you die, how long is it before the auto save kicks in ? I'm not sure I trust the "die then go to dashboard" method ... :confused: I'd rather lose out on 1 achievement than have my data corrupted.

Free world means all bosses are alive, anyone can play together (shadow/light) but you MUST be within 2/5/10 levels of the host (depending on what she sets it to).

Auto save after death is a few seconds delayed. I am YET to dashboard, and unfortunately last night I got my first death @ level 92.

When in Co-op, as long as you dont use the same console you will not share a screen. One of you can be in the wastelands, while the other is in the swamp. This is good to join other games, but go off on your lonesome and get the xp bump from a full game.

Me and my brother just ran through light campaign on silver. He was able to make a gold game and got credit for it but no achievement so i was like wtf. I checked mine it said light 100% but i could not start a gold campaign. so i had my brother make a gold game it gave him achievement and then i logged in my charactor (2 on same console aka local play) and bam achievement still no word on weather i can make a gold game but i hope so.

main quests go tward the host

map % goes tward the host on off line play

exp is shared

i was able to log in a lvl 1 with his lvl 20 shadow warrior?

and we had his 25 dryad with my 36 shadow warrior

hope this helps

ommpah

Me and my brother just ran through light campaign on silver. He was able to make a gold game and got credit for it but no achievement so i was like wtf. I checked mine it said light 100% but i could not start a gold campaign. so i had my brother make a gold game it gave him achievement and then i logged in my charactor (2 on same console aka local play) and bam achievement still no word on weather i can make a gold game but i hope so.

main quests go tward the host

map % goes tward the host on off line play

exp is shared

i was able to log in a lvl 1 with his lvl 20 shadow warrior?

and we had his 25 dryad with my 36 shadow warrior

hope this helps

ommpah

If you beat the game with someone and your not the host you can not choose to start a game on a higher difficulty.

You can however get invited to a game on gold if you have not got it unlocked as long as your within the level cap.

The achievements for reaching those difficulties unlock once you start a game on that difficulty, so if you played through with someone on silver and cant play on gold because you were not host...simply get that guy you played with or someone else close to your level to invite you to a game on gold/plat/niob and the achievements will unlock.

That's not true. I hosted a game where I was on the last mission of main quest. My friends were on another console playing Co-op and they were still in the beginning of the campaign on their games. They helped me beat the last 2% of the campaign and they both got achievements for beating the game on Shadow and are both able to create Gold Difficulty games with those characters. This was only 2 days ago, so they haven't patched it yet if they plan to.

If this was true a week ago, it is absolutely NOT true anymore. You will NOT get an achievement for beating the game while someone else is hosting. You will also NOT be able to unlock Gold like that.

...which sucks.

Yep I just learned that the hard way, wasted tons of hours going through the light campaign with a friend being really careful not to uncover more than 20% of the map, we finished it and I got absolutely nothing. :(

Yep I just learned that the hard way, wasted tons of hours going through the light campaign with a friend being really careful not to uncover more than 20% of the map, we finished it and I got absolutely nothing. :(

You are not alone... I finished the game last night with a friend. He was the host and got the GS for beating the game but I obtain nothing.. That really sucks...especially because we played the whole game together:uzi:

These game companies need to learn that you can't expand the gameplay by disabling peoples' achievements, by which I mean the stuff they achieve in the game while playing with others... that is just retarded. What is the point of online play at all if it doesn't count towards your own game? There's no point.

WHY Cant anyone make a decent co-op RPG?! WHY?!