How long dose the game last

deadpool316

Can someone answer my qusetion or is it to soon. How long dose the game last or can you keep doing side mission for as long as you want?

You can do side missions as long as you want (although it becomes a bit repetitive in the end, since the enemy don't change like in the OG - so you'll always have Mutons (normal, elite and Berserkers) one Ethereal, Sectopod or Cyberdisc and Heavy Floaters...)

A playthrough usually takes 15-25 hours with 30-40 missions each.

I am curious about this too. So, what you are saying red_hammer, is that I can just stall my progress on a particular story mission, say researching the alien crystal thing I captured, and just work on side quests, etc gaining money, satellites, other research, foundry projects, buildings, through UFO crash sites, and other little missions along the way, without penalty? Like, it's not going to suddenly get harder on me, force a progression of the story that I'm not ready for, or suddenly increase the panic in the countries to a point that I'm not going to be able to handle? Or the Council will not give me my monthly stuff because I didn't advance the story?

I don't mind doing side quests if it can help me get a small advantage and a chance to catch up on my satellites and panic areas, etc.

• 2 weeks later...